Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

daedalus

Coding Analysis Commentary?

So what I want to do is be able to count the number of bars from a pivot high to a lower high. Basically I just want to be able to see how close swings are to one another. I tried modifying the TTM Scalper indicator to no avail and I had used the "Analysis Commentary" button before on programs like MTPredictor and thought that might be something that would work.

The only thing is, I have no idea how that all works? Would it be possible to use the analyisis commentary to click on a bar and then just count forward from that bar on and put numbers at the bottoms of the candles...

Or better yet, click once on the starting bar, and once on the ending bar and calculate the number of bars in between?

Anyway, I know its a shitty pipe dream, but if you guys have any ideas on how I might accomplish this i'd love to know.

Cheers!

I think Clyde Lee's Swing Lee II should do it. It used to be in the file section of his Yahoo Group (might be called the Swing Machine can't remember for sure). It does volume on a swing (pivot to pivot) which is pretty intresting.

first, you need to define the "pivot.high".

pseudo code:

if pivot.high = true then counter = 0;

counter = counter + 1; // counter is incremented after every bar

counter is the number of bars since the pivot.high.

you just need to decide on a way to present the number.

Edited by Tams