Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ramzes

Testing trade

Hello!

i have a question)

i'm newbie and just learning basis of trading) i have read several books and want to try do a deals) so, is there a some testing servers where i can do a deals just for testing?) and of course it will be better if market on this servers will be similar market of the real exchange (for example NYSE)

please, give me links)

thanks a lot and sorry for my english)

Hello Ramzes,

Welcome aboad! You are basically looking for a demo trading account. There are several brokers that provide a demo account like Cybertrader with delayed quotes. I am not familiar with a real-time demo account but I am sure other traders in this forum can provide you good information regarding this matter.

From my understanding most real-time data will cost you fees. I pay approximately $100 for data fees and another $100 for software fees every month.

Soultrader

Thahks for answers)

Actually i thing what for me now is not important how i see quotes (with delay or not))

More important is how easy create an account, making deals and see results\reports)

So, i think i search a frendly interface)

Hi Ramzes,

Are you looking to trade from a longer time frame? If youre going to be actively trading, I do not recommend delayed quotes. Also what steps have you taken to educate yourself in trading?

Soultrader

Are you looking to trade stocks or futures. If you are looking to trade futures, TradeMaven has a real time simulator. I think you can try it for 30 days at no cost. Check it out at TradeMaven LLC . Read all you can, but nothing compares to actually clicking the mouse.