Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

gr8pcman

Seeking 1-on-1 guidance/mentor/coach to set up Level II DAT & training.

Cant help you there gr8pcman... I personally do not know of any 1on1 mentorship program that will visit your home. There are a ton of online mentorship or trading rooms that you can join.

Trading workshops also exits but they are very costly in the range of several thousand dollars.

I think John Carter gives trading room sessions plus mentoring. Check out tradethemarkets.com. I'm not promoting him or anything, it might be something close to what you're looking for.

One other thing is Level II, not sure about trading such a super duper short term based on level II. My experience was negative. I learned more from Time & Sales than from Level II. Best of luck anyway.

John Carter has a great trading room but geared more towards emini's. Hubert is teaching most of the time and they do not go into Level II at all. If you're looking to trade the eminis the trading room is great. If you're into stocks perhaps look towards some of the channels provided in themarketvushow.com or Linda Raschke's room.

According to John Carter's website, you have to book the place and fly out to their trading room to learn and be mentored in person, it's not a webinar or virtual trading room.

I seek coach/mentor in Houston area to direct/teach how to set-up and use Level II DAT for day trading from my home.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

May I ask (with all respect of course) why you want to go that route for daytrading? A little more of information from your part will probably guide us more, in order to lead you on the rigth direction.

Regards

Raul

I seek coach/mentor in Houston area to direct/teach how to set-up and use Level II DAT for day trading from my home.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Hello gr8pcman, I am not in the Houston area, however, as you review potential candidates, I would be willing to discuss coaching and mentoring using virtual technology if you are interested. I live in San jose CA. I am a fulltime professional daytrader and former Risk Managment executive with 12+ years experience in Fortune 500 companies. Email me at rushingleroy@comcast.net if you are interested in discussing further.

May I ask (with all respect of course) why you want to go that route for daytrading? A little more of information from your part will probably guide us more, in order to lead you on the rigth direction.

Regards

Raul

What other approaches or venues are available, Raul?

What other approaches or venues are available, Raul?

I am sorry gr I didn't read the DAT part of the sentence. If you're looking for a setup using DAT it's advisable to have someone set you up at home.

If you're trading futures, Transact has a DAT platform very simple to use and reliable. That's what I use for execution. As for stocks, as I said before it's better to let someone with experience guide you on that matter

Regards

Raul

John Carter has a great trading room but geared more towards emini's. Hubert is teaching most of the time and they do not go into Level II at all. If you're looking to trade the eminis the trading room is great. If you're into stocks perhaps look towards some of the channels provided in themarketvushow.com or Linda Raschke's room.

SoulTrader is right, as a matter of fact John Carter states in his book that he doesn't even look at LvII data because it is unreliable. He stated it is used to manipulate prices and fake out traders. I don't know enough about lvII to comment, but that is what he states in Mastering The Trade. Hope that helps.