Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ant

ES Analysis for 10/26/06

ES Review

The ES had a transition day on 10/23, where it broke out of the trading range that formed between 10/12 and 10/20. On 10/23, the ES started to balance (retracement) in the upper end of its daily range. It continued to build a short-term balance area on 10/24 as well, as seen when both daily profiles are aggregated together. For the beginning of trading on 10/25, if the ES is in an uptrend, then the high volume area of the two-day composite on 10/23 and 10/24 should be support. In fact, the previous day's value area should also be support. In addition, we shouldn't see a deep penetration into the single prints of 10/23, otherwise the uptrend would be in trouble. On 10/25, the ES traded down to the high volume node between 1382-1381.50 and bounced off it, closing near its high.

ES Analysis for 10/26

The ES closed at 1389.25. Besides the day's high, there is no resistance above it. If the uptrend is to continue, then the high volume nodes at 1384.75-1384.25 and at 1382-1381.50 should be support. This area also includes the buying tail of 10/25. Again, if the uptrend is to continue, we should not see the ES trade far into the single prints of 10/23. I will have a long bias going into tomorrow's trading session. I will monitor internals near yesterday's high for trend continuation. However, if the ES starts to trade down, I will look to enter a long trade near the high volume nodes mentioned above after monitoring market internals. As always, prior to the trading session, I will check the Globex action.

Anybody else want to share their trade plan for tomorrow?

ES.thumb.GIF.90aa9414b2d70f48352d8926722c194b.GIF

The MP reference areas worked well today. The ES traded down towards the high volume node (POC) of the previous day and formed a volume and Tick divergence near the POC. Basically, the POC provided support in an uptrend. Pretty typical... See charts below. Towards the end of the trading day, a volume divergence formed near the highs.

Did anybody feel like the ES was going to trade through the volume area? That's why I think it helps to have a trade plan prior to the start of the trading day. Identify key reference areas to monitor that may offer good trade opportunities. For me, everything else is noise.

ES.thumb.GIF.e928dfd79505e891c08581eb974bfeb2.GIF

Divergence.thumb.GIF.4ca005403a8d91b342eba6c3d44ccb78.GIF

Very nice Ant. I have been relying on tape heavily lately. Its interesting to compare the tape on the YM and ES. How different they are!

I really enjoy your analysis ant. You have a good eye for key price levels. ;)