Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

LS_Chad

Profile Indicator Drawing Tool

We'll be releasing 9.2.7 officially either today or tomorrow. There's one new feature in particular I thought some of you might be interested in:

Profile Indicator Drawing Tool

This video demonstrates how to draw volume- or time-based profiles across any group of consecutive bars of any periodicity in multi-pane charts. It also discusses how to edit and manipulate these profiles, as well as how to add buttons that activate different profile settings.

Also, those that have been waiting for tabbed workspaces in Investor/RT for some time might want to view this video:

Layout Toolbar

This video demonstrates how to use the Layout Toolbar to create and manage tabbed layouts (workspaces) in Investor/RT.

Enjoy,

Chad

Chad,

I love the profile tool, but ran into a possible issue with the latest version.

I've setup a button in a separate pane to add/remove the profile indicator on my charts which was working fine until the latest version 9.2.7. Now, when clicking the button it will add but not remove, i.e. clicking the button I've setup to add/remove profile will just keep adding them one on top of another. Of course they remove just fine using delete element, but it is a bit of an inconvenience from what I was doing in the past just using the button. Nothing has changed on my end except upgrading to v9.2.7 this morning.

Pepperdog,

I see what's causing the problem you describe with the button and I've fixed this for the next release. Thanks for pointing this out. I apologize for the inconvenience. At least now, it's easy to "select" the Profile indicator and then hit the delete key to remove it. To select, just click on the left edge of the right-most profile as shown in video.

FYI, another thread was started on the Profile Indicator here.

Chad

We've completed another round of enhancements to the Profile Indicator drawing tool. The video below highlights these improvements. Your feedback is welcomed.

Profile Indicator Drawing Tool - Phase 2

This video demonstrates enhancements made to the Profile drawing tool in version 9.2.8 including an option to shade each price based on volume, easier dragging and manipulation, an open/close candle body, and more.

Phase 2: Profile Indicator Drawing Tool - Phase 2

Phase 1: Profile Indicator Drawing Tool

Profiles.png