Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

JohnnySDG

Market Profile Needed for Composite Profiles

I'm looking for a provider that has an easy way to make composite profiles.

I've tried DTN, but you have to merge each day one at a time.

Thinking of using the fin-al with ninja trader or perhaps the RT investor.

Fin-al appears to do what I want but I wonder how good it is.

RT looks good as well but I'm not sure if you can create composite profiles with it. It also has more feature than I probably need.

What I need is accute MP data.

I trade Grains and Livestock.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Ive used IRT in the past and from what I recall you could merge profiles by selecting the date range. The right person to pm would be LS_Chad.

I currently use CQG but no way of merging profiles without doing so manually. Another vendor I know of is Windotrader but not sure if it can provide what you are looking for.

Johnny,

I just finished creating a video that demonstrates the ability to create composite Market Profile charts in Investor/RT (10 minute video). This should give you an idea of whether I/RT has what you're looking for:

http://www.screencast.com/t/tgmzoL1UtI

Incidentally, I forgot to mention in the video, a new feature (in 9.2.4) allowing you to plot long term profiles along the left and/or right of the chart, of any duration, on the same chart with the daily profiles.

Regards,

Chad

Edited by LS_Chad

Johnny,

This possible using the Profile Indicator available in our traditional Multi-Pane charts. Here is an example of a chart showing data from Jan 6 to Mar 6, 2009, displaying a volume profile for that entire cumulative period on the left of the chart:

Wheat_Profile_2.png

and another of wheat from Aug. 21 to Dec. 5:

Wheat_Profile_3.png

I've got an email into DTN trying to figure out why the volume is lagging during certain periods on that wheat continuous contract, but that demonstrates the concept. And you can do either volume or tpos-based profiles w/ VAs & POCs.

You can learn more about the profile indicator, including videos, at this page: http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/profile.htm

Regards,

Chad

I'm looking for a provider that has an easy way to make composite profiles.

Hi Johnny -

James is correct, WindoTrader can produce composite profiles. i have attached a couple screenshots showing some different ways to do it.

basically, you can have a composite on the left side (the different shading is for the different days), merge daily profiles within the main chart, or a combination. there may be other ways, but i don't typically use composites so i'm not as familiar with those settings.

I trade Grains and Livestock.

i don't have either market, so i used the ES.

hope this helps.

ES_MP.3-18-2009_003.thumb.png.28b40ac6c074ee9a01c1d7d838520b8d.png

ES_MP.3-18-2009_004.thumb.png.16cfa4f0e8be84fcc857d2f42c99f833.png

ES_MP.3-18-2009_008.thumb.png.c970ff4be01b143c87b503d856c1c0c2.png