Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

BB Squeeze Replica For Tradestation

Anyone knows if it is possible to have a squeeze for radarscreen? something like ttm with status (squeeze/fired), signal (long/short) and number of bars (it is in squeeze or fired).

When adding bbsqueeze to radarscreen, the data doesn't seems to match the infos on a graph.

Thank you.

Give this a try, I never tested it but should do the trick

RSSQUEEZE.ELD

I am new to radarscreen and easylanguage, therefore it would be great if someone could fix that small line of code where the bars calculate correctly after a squeeze has already fired. Hope someone can help.

~Mike

Guest forsearch

Try reading the ENTIRE THREAD. It's in there.

Guest forsearch

Is there any chance that I can get the actual code so that I can translate it to either the Ninja or OpenEcry platforms?

Read the ENTIRE THREAD. The code is posted in plaintext already.

Thanks forsearch,

I have read the entire thread on this and copied the plain text code and tried to compile it, but got several compile errors. My take on OEC is that they readily accept TS easy language code, but that they are looking for straight easy language files that work on TS - $.el - that the platform will accept and then compile.

Has anyone successfully taken the "plain text" files listed herein and compiled/modified them to run on other platforms? Perhaps the problem is on the OEC or Ninja platform side, but their documentation states that they are "compatible" with Easy Language files.

There is a lot of good knowledge contained on the site, and not all of us use TS. Being able to use the EL files to test ideas would really be efficient, if we are given the straight TS EL code to work with.

Anyone have thought or opinions on this? They would be appreciated.

Once again,

Thanks

Loaded this ELD and was wondering if it was to trade:

1. the zero crossings, or

2. the change in color of the histograms, or

3. the dots change color.

I have it on the 50,000 shares chart with 18 is the Length, nk is 1.5, and nBB is 2.5

20080918_BB_Squeeze_1.thumb.jpg.7495662c3e8e1d9ec8e954ad29a3f3a2.jpg

... I get their free video everyday so how to use it is not an issue as per TTM ... hoping for a more detail explanation and identifying under which circumstance is best to use which criteria ... together with proper stop placement. In some cases, the stops are rather large / not sure where to actually enter a squeeze trade.

... I get their free video everyday so how to use it is not an issue as per TTM ... hoping for a more detail explanation and identifying under which circumstance is best to use which criteria ... together with proper stop placement. In some cases, the stops are rather large / not sure where to actually enter a squeeze trade.

So, you are looking for a complete system and trading plan on how to trade this indicator? Do you honestly think if someone has put the effort in which go into something like that out, they are just going to tell you?

If you create a system and trading plan which deliver consistent profits, will you just post it on the internet for everyone to see and use?

Hi Sevensa,

Appreciate your comments.

If I think I can help someone here in the forum, I would do so in a manner that I deemed helpful. After all, that is why we have forums like this one, right? I thought I would feel great if I can be of some service to others, would you?

What I can assure you is that the use of one indicator is not a complete system as far as I can tell ... and in fact my answer to your question of "looking for a complete system" is most certainly a no.

May be you want to clarify your question(s) a little more as you sounded like you know quite a bit about me and how I am using the indicator ... and knows more about me than myself?

So, you are looking for a complete system and trading plan on how to trade this indicator? Do you honestly think if someone has put the effort in which go into something like that out, they are just going to tell you?

If you create a system and trading plan which deliver consistent profits, will you just post it on the internet for everyone to see and use?

Hi Sevensa,

May be you want to clarify your question(s) a little more as you sounded like you know quite a bit about me and how I am using the indicator ... and knows more about me than myself?

Not sure where you get that from and my questions were in response to yours. Maybe you want to clarify yours to make it more clearer on what it is you are really looking for, if not a complete way of trading the indicator?

If I think I can help someone here in the forum, I would do so in a manner that I deemed helpful. After all, that is why we have forums like this one, right? I thought I would feel great if I can be of some service to others, would you?

Glad to hear you say that. In other threads you said that you are a daytrader and scalping the ES. Care to tell us how you do that? A new thread would probably be the best as this will not be relevant to this one. I am looking forward to read your comments there!

Not sure where you get that from and my questions were in response to yours. Maybe you want to clarify yours to make it more clearer on what it is you are really looking for, if not a complete way of trading the indicator?

If you look at that chart (for the ES futures) I put up earlier, the signal only fired once - for a sell - on 9/17. In order for that sell to work, the stop lost have to be above 1,200 or so. If one had entered soon after the signal fired, it would mean like a 15 points stop approximately. That was my main reason for asking which of the three criteria to use. As a daytrader, sometimes the day's range is less than 15 points ... it is only because of the recent volatility in the market that we get 60 points ranges.

This is besides the fact that for a 1 contract and 1 trade, you need to risk $750 on that same contract to make it work. Thought it would be steep for most day traders with 15 points stop?

Glad to hear you say that. In other threads you said that you are a daytrader and scalping the ES. Care to tell us how you do that? A new thread would probably be the best as this will not be relevant to this one. I am looking forward to read your comments there!

I have since gone away from a scalping mode ... but will take whatever the market may give me. Usually I am "forced" into scalping when I go counter trend or if the market is not moving in my direction. Probably do not need to start a new thread ... here is what I use to enter a trade in collaboration with this indicator - I have 2 charts of the following to help me enter a trade:

1. The two charts are 987 ticks and 144 ticks - the larger chart is to identify a trend - it just have the BB_Squeeze indicator.

2. On the smaller chart, I have this BB_Squeeze plus a Slow Stochastic, a DMI, and a MACD.

3. I want to be with the trend - higher high / higher low - for an uptrend - on the chart itself and at least the larger chart's BB_Squeeze dots are in green that is / alert is on.

4. If I get the trend per the above, the smaller chart's Slow Stoc, DMI, and MACD all have to fire in the same direction ... and on the both charts the BB_Squeeze histogram color and size should / may be starting to move in the same direction.

Step 4 above is in fact does not have to have the dots change color - so that is not exactly how the TTM people are using it?

These days, I am working on my discipline to follow the above rules ... but I am not implying here that the BB_Squeeze alone does not work ... therefore, I asked what is the best way to use it per the above reason.

The way I use it above seems to work with volume and tick chart somewhat ... have not use it with time based charts. I use the usual moving averages, market profile, market internals indexes, etc. on other screens to myself in check.

Give it a try and back test it and see if it helps! :) And if it has to do with this indicator and how to use it, I am sure this thread should stay here.

Edited by FFTrader

This is besides the fact that for a 1 contract and 1 trade, you need to risk $750 on that same contract to make it work. Thought it would be steep for most day traders with 15 points stop?

What does your trading plan say your stops should be and where you would trake profit? If you don't have this in your plan, how do you determine when a trade "works"? With wide enough stops, you can make pretty much any trade "work".

I have since gone away from a scalping mode ...

You have said that you do scalping barely three weeks ago. Is the method you have outlined your current new mehtod of the last three weeks? Has this been profitable based on your trading plan?

What does your trading plan say your stops should be and where you would trake profit? If you don't have this in your plan, how do you determine when a trade "works"? With wide enough stops, you can make pretty much any trade "work".

Stop is between 1.50 points to 3 points on the ES and have not figure the profit taking part yet ... but the TTM people have a system that seems to work with 3 contracts.

You have said that you do scalping barely three weeks ago. Is the method you have outlined your current new mehtod of the last three weeks? Has this been profitable based on your trading plan?

I said that? Well, this current method has been profitable through back testing but like I said, I look at other stuff kind of keep myself in check and I have to work my discipline, etc.

Stop is between 1.50 points to 3 points on the ES and have not figure the profit taking part yet ... but the TTM people have a system that seems to work with 3 contracts.

I guess this means then that the trade didn't work if you would have needed a 15 point stop and your stop is 3 points maximum?

I said that?

Yes. http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/6/one-time-framing-otf-2521-2.html#post46625

Well, this current method has been profitable through back testing but like I said, I look at other stuff kind of keep myself in check and I have to work my discipline, etc.

Sorry, but now I am getting confused. If you haven't figured out yet how to take profits, how do you know it backtested profitably?

Just to confirm that I understand. The method you have outlined is not something you are profitable yet with real trading, but just something you have backtested (kind of)?

Just to confirm that I understand. The method you have outlined is not something you are profitable yet with real trading, but just something you have backtested (kind of)?

Sevensa,

I have my set up working even in these volatile markets in recent days. The BB_Squeeze have actually added to my arsenal and it has help with identifying a trend - or chopping - over and above the 3 other indicators I use.

Please correct me but I do not think any one method would guarantee 100% success. There is no holy crail - what do you mean by "profitable" anyway?

It is just what I do and not implying it is any better or worst than others. The above set up was just clarifing what I was asking and I was glad to share more when you asked. One can always paper trade it first with different settings and chart sizes (e.g. the TTM people like to use the 512 ticks chart but I do not)? I would encourage you to put the set up on your platform and paper trade it first to see if it fits your style of thinking.

What are you looking for in this indicator anyway? It seems like you are asking questions looking for confirmation on a methodology.

Sevensa,

Please correct me but I do not think any one method would guarantee 100% success. There is no holy crail - what do you mean by "profitable" anyway?

uhm... Profitable: Profits > Losses + Expenses.

It is grail. Not crail.

What are you looking for in this indicator anyway? It seems like you are asking questions looking for confirmation on a methodology.

Me, nothing. I am still trying to figure out what exactly you are looking for since you were the one who asked. First you wanted to know where to place stops for it. Now you say that you actually already use other things and have a trading plan already and that you just added it to your arsenal.

Good luck in your trading whenever you figure out if you are scalping or not and where to take profits and place stops.

It is grail. Not crail.

Thanks.

Me, nothing. I am still trying to figure out what exactly you are looking for since you were the one who asked. First you wanted to know where to place stops for it. Now you say that you actually already use other things and have a trading plan already and that you just added it to your arsenal.

The chart that was included in the original question as mentioned suggests a 15 points stop for that trade to actually work in the direction it fired - with the TTM prescribed method of dots changed color, right? That would suggest a larger stop discussed above for most day traders, agreed? As the TTM people do have other indicators, for non-members like me, it should be obvious that the 3 items listed originally as to which one to use is the question. Recall that in my clarification I do not use the dot color change criteria but use something else (my 3 other indicators) to fire off a trade ... and it works. Remember?

Good luck in your trading whenever you figure out if you are scalping or not and where to take profits and place stops.

Just looking to improve on my stuff and trying to be align with the origins of the TTM. Thanks for the well wishes.

Can someone please explain to me the diffeence (if any) between the BB Squeeze and the Squeeze indicator that is made by The Paint Bar Factory?

I see several versions posted here for TS . Are they all basically the same?

Can someone please explain to me the diffeence (if any) between the BB Squeeze and the Squeeze indicator that is made by The Paint Bar Factory?

I see several versions posted here for TS . Are they all basically the same?

The "BB Squeeze" deals with whether Bollinger Bands are inside or outside of Keltner Channels, and the histogram represents this value (or something like that).

The PBF Squeeze is entirely different and supposedly doesn't use BBands or Kchannels at all, and has some code designed to color it based on the trend.

I have found that a TRIX with a setting of 4-6 seems to match the PBF Squeeze histogram quite well. Sometimes 4 works, sometimes 5 works, and sometimes 6 works. So I don't think PBF Squeeze is TRIX, because of the fact that sometimes you have to change your TRIX settings. Have a look and compare them, tho. It's close.