Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Nice Thread Brown ¡¡ unfortunately for security reasons and due to volume numbers being trading in a joint acct as well I am not able to post here my results... any way I also beleive in accountabilty and thats why I am actually trading in conjunction with some other traders as well... we are in a stable daily target fashion... I know you dont use this fixed method but so far its working pretty well for us... so how candles are doing ? I am doing forex on live trading and I am doing now a new beta stage for futures on ES... one of my clients inspire me to get an adaptation into ES... so far looks nice jajaja... take care buddy, cheers Walter.

New method is working great... setups are coming real real easy. The one loss I did have I was taken out at the low tick... before the market went +5 straight in the air... lol.

This is by far the easiest trading i've ever done. Hopefully we can keep it up. All of this is on sim (as the accounts would suggest!).

Cheers!

attachment.php?attachmentid=9775&stc=1&d=1237232335

pic001_001.PNG.5fe548de44c0f773c37b062f4c453ca2.PNG

With FOMC later in the week i'm sure there will be more than enough opportunity for you to make up for it!

Very true dae. Actually, in reality there's very few days where there isn't opportunities to make money. The issue for me is just doing it every day.

BTW - great day today for you! Regardless of being sim, that's a nice day trading. I hope whatever you are doing is working better.

Nice Thread Brown ¡¡ unfortunately for security reasons and due to volume numbers being trading in a joint acct as well I am not able to post here my results... any way I also beleive in accountabilty and thats why I am actually trading in conjunction with some other traders as well... we are in a stable daily target fashion... I know you dont use this fixed method but so far its working pretty well for us... so how candles are doing ? I am doing forex on live trading and I am doing now a new beta stage for futures on ES... one of my clients inspire me to get an adaptation into ES... so far looks nice jajaja... take care buddy, cheers Walter.

Walter - glad to hear the system selling biz is working for you. The forum is quiet w/o your posts to at least get conversation going!

Too bad you can't post here b/c I'd love to see how you are doing! I very well could send some funds over to be managed if you are doing good! :)

As you requested. I was reluctant to post due to my small account size, but never-the-less, here is my past week. I think this should help me to keep consistent and disciplined, knowing that I will display my results. Today I had only the last 4 trades on the list and was finished by 10:10 a.m. I'm a college student until the summer, so I can be forgiven for making only $400-$500 every two weeks or so (or can I be...?), but I definitely need to step it up a bit. More importantly though, I've been working on the patience to take trades and as you can tell by this week, I've succeeded in doing so. Also, if you notice I was extremely conservative in my gains and I would like to work on let my profits roll a bit longer. This was due to an urgency to make up for last weeks losses. Most traders can relate to that I think?

-- Bill

march10172008.jpg

Edited by Soultrader

Welcome to the thread Bill!

You're a college student and trading? WOW!! Impressive IMO. You are so far ahead of the game you probably don't even realize it. What I would have done to at least be studying charts while in school.

Good to have you here!

:)

REMINDER: ACCOUNT SIZE IS IRRELEVANT IN THIS THREAD.

Hell, I'm just showing an account that trades 1 little contract, so size does not matter.

:cool:

Who else wants to join us? Firewalker maybe....

Very nice BF solid performance!!!

I personally screwed the pooch today but this thread is about posting the good with the bad. I am glad I got knocked around and lost as much as I did this AM because there was such a simple observation that would've avoided nearly every loser this morning and would've kept me about -10.00 at the end of the morning rather than -212.50.

I couldn't believe this was right in front of my nose all along. :)

So I used this simple idea in the afternoon and what do ya know... I hit it out of the park (by my standards at least). Two of the NQ trades (for about -80 net) were not valid setups but an idea i just wanted to try out.

Anyway, too much info. I screwed up today but I learned a lot and I didn't draw down too much considering all the wrong I did!

attachment.php?attachmentid=9787&stc=1&d=1237319150

Taking tomorrow off due to FOMC. Its a "no edge" day for me personally!

pic001.PNG.e376580614164a8ba3a7c0d139c32ec0.PNG

3-18-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=9806&stc=1&d=1237388496

End result was alright. I missed one really important long earlier in the morning that hurt me. That one trade would almost double the resulting p/l.

Focus still not at 100%... getting there once again though day by day.

3-18-2009.png.55b09d7a7d0bce767ddd733b45b952a8.png

I will post starting next week, I recently had to use most of the capital in my trading acct. for unexpected expenses, I think being accountable will help me a great deal in building it back up.

daedalus, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of volume are you doing to get $2.4/rt on the E-minis?

Mine says that too. That is the total commission (1.20 per side = 2.40 total), but they are not including the exchange fee. In the end it comes up to 2.35 per side, or 4.70 round-turn to trade ES or NQ with Tradestation. In essence then, you need to subtract in 1.14 from each of his trades to get his final P&L for the day.

Can't only display the good days, so here are my last two bad days. Hopefully Friday can keep my week in the black. Last two days had too many stop outs and I missed a really nice short on the NQ this morning because I didn't get filled at the price I had ordered. Missed out on many points. Again, though, I kept my discipline and abided my stops.

march1819.jpg

Mine says that too. That is the total commission (1.20 per side = 2.40 total), but they are not including the exchange fee. In the end it comes up to 2.35 per side, or 4.70 round-turn to trade ES or NQ with Tradestation. In essence then, you need to subtract in 1.14 from each of his trades to get his final P&L for the day.

Yea with exchange fees i'm actually paying 4.80/rt through TS. If I can turn this account around I plan on keeping a small account to do 10/trades a month on to cover the platform and then keep the actual big account with Infinity which has offered much better raters.

Yea with exchange fees i'm actually paying 4.80/rt through TS. If I can turn this account around I plan on keeping a small account to do 10/trades a month on to cover the platform and then keep the actual big account with Infinity which has offered much better raters.

That's a perfect way to do it if using TS. I no longer use TS but when I was, that's what I did - just the minimum to get the platform free and then trade through my main broker.

dae - compare OEC's rates too when you are ready to get the main account going!

A better day to end the week. Unfortunately I'm still falling into the category of scalping, which I feel is way too much work. Sort of hard to let profits run though when you're working with smaller capitol. With time...

march20.jpg

3-20-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=9844&stc=1&d=1237572614

Not the best way to end the week. Unfortunately a few trades that seemed intuitively obvious to me (as discussed in chat room) did not confirm on my charts and while it's nice to have 'gut feelings' I don't trade that way.

Seemed that due to lack of morning econ news that the bonds just didn't want to give me that movement that I thrive on most days. Consideration may have to be given to avoiding days w/ zero econ news in the morning. Ben B was speaking at 12 (and markets in a nice free fall since, lmao) and that was it. Considering I try to be done no later than 12, it left me hanging a bit on the bonds. So we'll see - might be worthwhile to avoid trading days (esp Fri) w/ zero news.

I also got a few questions this week in the chat room about this particular account that I will outline later or this weekend if I remember.

3-20-2009.png.779373903bc00a4f58ca5351acd31cf0.png