Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Traded the Emini on sim again today but with my regular signals and readings. $825. on 14 trades. On 2- I got out at even, 3- I got stopped out, that leaves 9 winners. Can't post a P/L stmt here cause the sim don't do it. I missed the first hr big move up but I got a good piece of the move at 1:30, and a nice long after the FOMC report came out. Anyways all in all not a bad day. Just wish I could remember where I left my you know what's, there around here somewhere, I'm sure they'll turn up soon. lol

robert

Robert - not sure what you mean the 'sim don't do it'. You can just take a screenshot of anything - dom, your ongoing p/l meter, whatever...

Mr. Black - are those tiny triangles just pivot highs/lows?

Good trading today!

Swing High / Swing Low on lower time frame the arrows are Swing High/ Swing Low on higher time frame

as usual, mised key trades ...

those setups that I trade, mostly exit be b/c I wait for large win :doh:

tommorow is public holiday in europe and asia ...so probably US market will be slow

maybe I will not trade tommorow

pl9.jpg.0996c4b8a0f6ae8a7ccdd200462fc03b.jpg

43009.thumb.JPG.2815327f5d1c1003f8483be1971aa269.JPG

Trades for wed-thur. Didn't trade on mon-tue. Had 6 trades one small loss. It was not in my trading plan it was a gamble and didn't pay off I had a tight stop . Its keeps it fun sometimes.

Here are my traes for today. Could have been a much better day but muissed a couple of trades and got out way to early on a couple. I was scalping today.

5109.thumb.jpg.b8325cccc1cb8c1272f568adb78df2bf.jpg

Good weekend. Happy trading.

I am still trading with small account. Should not be much longer though.

The 1 positive of the smaller account is that I have found some new setups that work under current conditions rather well. When I am more capitalized I will let them run more.

Yes, they continue to perform wonderfully.

If you are genuinely interested, you can always follow along in detail on my blogs.

If occassionally posting is not suitable for what you want on this forum then let me know.

MAY 1ST UPDATE

I have a little time here before heading to poker, so thought I'd give a little update on how I've done here since I started posting.

To recap:

* For purposes here, account being tracked started at $10,000 USD.

* Doing my best to focus on prime setups and then shut it down for the day. Being a smaller account, I really can't afford to take a big intraday drawdown, so only the best of the best is being used here.

* Limiting the amount of leverage being used as well. As you can see from blotters, most trades are 1 contract w/ the occasional 2 contracts per trade.

And some stats on the account:

# of Trading Days: 44

Gross P/L: $9,912.51

Per Day P/L: $225.28

$10k % Return: 99.13%

Cumulative P&L:

$1,312.51

$2,365.65

$3,131.29

$3,806.29

$5,187.53

$6,625.04

$7,379.30

$8,219.40

$9,912.51

Which looks like this on a chart:

attachment.php?attachmentid=10401&stc=1&d=1241213960

My observations:

* I'm happy that the result as of now is good. Basically doubled the account in 2 months.

* I think focusing on my premier setup has helped dramatically keep everything in check, esp. intra-day drawdowns.

* With that said, I'm not satisfied w/ the per day P&L. I'm actually very disappointed that the per day is currently running at just over $200. The reason I am not satisfied is that throughout my 2 months of posting here, there has been 1 theme - following the plan completely.

The 2 biggest challenges for me going forward:

1) Taking all the trades that I see and not filtering trades out based on gut feel or hunches.

2) Letting the winners get to the specified profit targets. I'm too quick at times to hit that flatten button.

Wrap up: all in all, I'm content with the performance but it could be better.

5aa70ecac7146_TLPL.png.125c7d2f29cc64d211272358c04a262e.png

:applaud: Brownsfan

It is very impressive that you cover many markets and wait for your setup each time.

Thanks BR. I've found that I am good at being patient and waiting for the setup on the markets I am watching. The issue now is letting the plan work 100%, all the time. Too many winners being cut short.

All in all, I'm happy that I started the thread and how it's been going. I was hoping more would regularly participate, but posting here has helped me see the issues at hand a little easier. Yes, we'd all like to be all-start traders that don't need help, but that's a few more years down the road.

;)

Enjoying the thread - even if input is limited sometimes. The nice part - no one is selling anything - so you know the input is (likely) genuine. Helps reinforce the concept that you can trade what works for you - and be successful.

Spent the better part of the week dealing with the Swine (overhyped) Flu. Am an ER doc/director - and it has taken me away from the market since Monday.

The good - missed some of the chop that was the ES/NQ.

The bad - missed the set up for FESX once again (2270 level paid off three times...unfortunately only got it once.)

The one thing I am starting to notice on my performace - have two accounts. One is with TS - which is where I do my charting. Very easy/convenient to drop a quick (impulse - feeling - gut) trade. Other account is with Ninja - where I set up some "perfect" level trades.

TS account: -5% for the past month.

Ninja account: + 40% with a 90% win ratio.

Nugget in that statistic...just need to keep reminding myself of it during the day when the impulse to push the button hits.

Four days away from trading did let me know one thing - I missed trading. Looking forward to the markets opening up on Monday! Hopefully the CDC & Media wont go crazy over the weekend.

Hello,

This is my last stand as a trader. I have 3 months to turn things around.

Perhaps, joining the thread will promote greater accountability, competitive drive. and sharing ideas.

I trade FX, gpb/usd.

Today's is a bank holiday in UK. I'll start posting tomorrow.

Thanks

Hello,

This is my last stand as a trader. I have 3 months to turn things around.

Perhaps, joining the thread will promote greater accountability, competitive drive. and sharing ideas.

I trade FX, gpb/usd.

Today's is a bank holiday in UK. I'll start posting tomorrow.

Thanks

Custer's last stand.

Having a horrible day, I have not been following my plan and getting horrible fills. Trying to stick with the plan this afternoon and hopefully can get to even. :crap: