Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheRumpledOne

Never Lose Again!! TheRumpledOne

I'll give you credit Rumpled One you are persistent,i dont think i have came across a forum or blog that you have not managed to invade, it is people like yourself who just go to prove how hard trading really is, cmon rumpled one you make more money from your indicators than your trading.

10/10 for marketing...

Don't get me wrong Rumpled one i respect you and your work for what it is.

Edited by AWOL

I'll give you credit Rumpled One you are persistent,i dont think i have came across a forum or blog that you have not managed to invade...

I am actually very grateful that TRO cares enough to "invade" every forum that he can.

When I started learning how to trade, everywhere I went, everyone kept telling me the same stuff... Classical Chart Analysis. (Support/Resistance, Trendlines, Candlesticks, TONs of Oscillators, etc.)

All of that does work, but that was not all the possible ways to approach the market. And it may or may not be good for someone's individual mindset.

At TradersLaboratory, I found sensible discussions on Market Profile.

At TradersLaboratory, I found sensible discussions on Volume Spread Analysis.

Linuxtroll was the only one I found who cared about proper application of Multiple Moving Averages.

TheRumpledOne was the only one I found who talked about properly scalping Psychological Price-Points (Horizontal Lines, Fib Levels, Major High/Lows, etc.)

Both of these men were helping people for several years for free.

I am yet to stumble upon a forum/thread that can truly teach a newbie to trade with DOM Ladders.

I am yet to stumble upon a forum/thread that can truly teach a newbie to understand & swing-trade news reports.

I am yet to stumble upon a forum/thread that can truly teach a newbie to trade using Pit-Noise. :)

As of yet, I have also not found any great community for Binary Betting, Renko and Point-&-Figure charting, etc.

There are many ways to trading success, and a whole lot are not covered.

-----

Linuxtroll had to make some indicators and start conducting workshops, because MMA trading needs a certain 'intuition' to be built, for which mentoring can help shave several months of efforts & losses off for a trader.

Almost ALL of TheRumpledOne's indicators were designed to save time, like not needing to look at 30 charts if you trade 10 pairs and refer to 3 timeframes... or like providing entry/exit numbers clearly on screen so that you dont have to take your mouse to the candle and read the high, pivot point, etc. when punching in your orders. And this is for Free.

LT and TRO are both scalpers. Both recommend & use MB Trading. No one is forced to use MBT/EFX. No one is forced to select anyone as an IB if they don't choose so. No one can be forced to pay a donation. (I haven't either.)

If you are a classical chartist, and thanks to TradersLaboratory, you have discovered VSA, MarketProfile, etc. ... And if those have helped you or someone you know ...

Then may I suggest that there are other ways to trade, that are helping someone you may not know. And if you cannot support the ones who care to teach, you'll be better off ignoring them, then bad-mouthing them.

Instead of bashing TRO, I'd rather like to see someone start a thread, where they simply trade "Price Action as it passes pre-chosen Price Points".

I believe the day we have many traders trading and discussing such systems, TRO might not need to invade forums anymore.

Thanks for reading. :2c:

Edited by ekshay

Don't know why he gets such a bad press but then perhaps it is human nature to want to destroy? Who knows? I don't care!!

TRO has supplied me (no, I just helped myself) with a couple of his indicators and I have just tried one. It said Buy, I bought, it went to 28 pips, came back to 3 then went on to 30 odd. I was just watching it, not trading it for real.

It is part of my proposed strategy. Not exactly as he says that it should be done but that is my choice.

So, many thanks TRO, invade where you will, you are a force for good! A curse on your detractors!! - can I say that here?

TRO, thank you for post #321. Very good reading, can you tell me what book this was from? I say this because you post page numbers next to each paragraph. Lastly, if you like a particular post and want to print it out, how do you do this? Thank you again for the help!

TRO, thank you for post #321. Very good reading, can you tell me what book this was from?

I thought that was interesting also. I found it comes from the book How We Decide, by Jonah Lehrer

Best Wishes,

Thales

That's like blaming Santa Claus for bringing you a gift you didnt like or didnt know how to use.

Until you learn to think in terms of probablities, no system/indicator in the world will make you a better trader. You would be better served reading up on mechanical trading systems, understanding how they are evaluated (a breakout system, a mean reverting system) and implementing those rules in a systematical manner. It all comes down to win/loss ratio, probabilities and realizing how few good entries their are in a 24 hour period, even on the 5 minute chart.

Newbies have to get their asses kicked.........its part of the game....you either figure it out or you don't. At some point you realize that this game is exactly like counting card while playing blackjack or you come to the conclusion that you will never win.

Calling Avery irresponsible is misguided. You just think he should be feeding people pips.....

TRO

No attack here, your indicators are nice and some are useful but whatever your reason for your prolific coding some here question your motive that you may be draining us, not the banks. Probably because your information is everywhere and disorganized. Since you are an IB for MBT, give the newbie false hope, give him information everywhere and make sure he funds his account and I'll take the commission from him!?

Your instructions are vague. Newbies will be gleaming at all the pips they can win from reading all your posts on this site and others, thinking all they have to do is "don't think, just act".

If you are going to put out methods and systems please be a bit more direct and more responsible.

Newbies have to get their asses kicked.........its part of the game....

that is the most stupid thing i have read for a long time

what you are saying here is if TRO doesnt help them getting "their ass kicked"

someone else will take advantage of them and therefor it is fine for TRO to spread

out false hope to the newbies

most likely you are a frustrated trader who had many losses

in his earlyer days and because market is to smart for you,

you hope to get at least some kind of revenge from newbies losses

i am also getting bored by TRO's giant pictures of charts with indicators

named "drain the banks" or "never loose again" all over the internet,

it just doesnt reflect the real world and how market works.

newbies fall into it they dont stand a chance as they are a to easy target.

hence the reason he only programms fx indicators and never programms

a blackbox to trade futures or stocks, nothing he has created can be backtested

and there will be a reason for that

i find it not responsible

Dude,

You so figured me out. Its like we must be brothers...............

TRO gives people some tools.........and some people figure out how to use them.

As far as having many losses.......ya, you are right tons.........depending on how I'm trading, sometimes it gets up to 80 percent, but with an average payoff ratio of about 13 to 1, I only have to be right about 10 percent of the time.

I am sure if you ask TRO nicely, he will program a neural net for you..........

Thanks for the laugh

Razorboy.AKA.........the biggest loser...........

I started this thread. If you do not like me, what I do or how I do it then leave and do not come back. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ THIS THREAD.

"An ad hominem attack against an intellectual, not against an idea, is highly flattering. It indicates that the person does not have anything intelligent to say about your message."

- Nassim Nicholas Taleb "The Black Swan" P-297

"I am not forcing you to accept my concepts. I only request the traders to review the market from time to time keeping in mind my concepts and if found suitable use in the trades or just ignore. Thanks for your opinion."

- Dr. S. Sivaraman

I really hope the structure of your argument is due to English not being your first language rather than your level of insight and analysis.......

Excuse me while I go take out my frustrations revenge trading.................

that is the most stupid thing i have read for a long time

what you are saying here is if TRO doesnt help them getting "their ass kicked"

someone else will take advantage of them and therefor it is fine for TRO to spread

out false hope to the newbies

most likely you are a frustrated trader who had many losses

in his earlyer days and because market is to smart for you,

you hope to get at least some kind of revenge from newbies losses

I started this thread....

So what ???

This is a free forum... you are entitled to your opinion, so does others.

If you do not like HIM, what HE does or how HE does it then leave and do not come back. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ his posts.

If the post(s), either yours or others, are deemed unsuitable for this forum, the moderator will remove them.

Enjoy!

So what ???

This is a free forum... you are entitled to your opinion, so does others.

Hypocrisy.

Traders Laboratory is not a free forum We are not allowed to disagree or criticize with your masters in the Price/Volume thread. If one does, the post is reported. And the response from leaders of that thread is the same response that TRO just gave here, to wit, "if you don't like don't read it". Why does it apply to you and your P/V participants, but not to anyone else? Shouldn't the old saying apply here,:"What's good for the goose is good for the gander"?

Hypocrisy.

what exactly would that settle? That Avery knows how to trade?

Straight and to the point, when I started trading about a year ago, I used a lot of TRO's indicators and lost a pile of pips (thank god for 10 cent pips), but it had nothing to do with TRO's indicators, it had to do with how I approached the market and getting my head around trading. Did I think right off the bat that TRO's indicators would make me money instantly.......of course I did, but that is because I was clueless about trading and had to learn it myself, it had nothing to do with TRO

Any money I donated to him was money well spent on my education and while I do not use his indicators much any more, they were important stepping stones along the path to where I am today.

Take his indicators, build a system/approach from them and back test it or maybe you want him to build a system for you too. This is not rocket science, its grade 5 math.

I haven't read much of this thread (some of the beginning and now this page) but I think showing a trade report from your broker is the only real way to settle this.

My first post. I've read the first 10 pages of this thread, and the thing that jumps out at me is that it just happened to address the AUD in mid-November 2008, which was about as momentous a time as you could find in FX and especially in the AUD. I was trading spot AUD for a US bank in the interbank market then, and I can tell you that decent entries would have been extremely difficult to come by. The AUD was a risk proxy and tracked equities closely. If equities got bid, everyone pulled their AUD offers and anyone needing to buy was hosed.

I'm thinking of directions posted in the thread like, if it's green and it crosses .6400, buy it. The reality was the market may have been 95-00, and someone would take the 00, and the next price was 00-08. If you wanted to be a buyer when it hit the 00, your only option was to pay the 08. You know how that goes: if you take the 08, someone comes in 04 offered. If you don't take it, hello 10-15. Anyway, I don't know what these internet systems looked like then, but the real market was incredibly illiquid.

what exactly would that settle? That Avery knows how to trade?

Straight and to the point, when I started trading about a year ago, I used a lot of TRO's indicators and lost a pile of pips (thank god for 10 cent pips), but it had nothing to do with TRO's indicators, it had to do with how I approached the market and getting my head around trading. Did I think right off the bat that TRO's indicators would make me money instantly.......of course I did, but that is because I was clueless about trading and had to learn it myself, it had nothing to do with TRO

Any money I donated to him was money well spent on my education and while I do not use his indicators much any more, they were important stepping stones along the path to where I am today.

Take his indicators, build a system/approach from them and back test it or maybe you want him to build a system for you too. This is not rocket science, its grade 5 math.

I'm sorry I didn't realize getting a trading report was more difficult than grade 5 math! I don't need your trading system. I've doing very well on my own. Why are you so emotional about this guy when you yourself don't even use these indicators? Emotional people are not good traders for obvious reasons. There are lots of indicators already out there that are standard for every broker and there's lots of good information on how to use them. Those aren't the holy grail of trading and neither are rumple's but you have a much higher chance of success when you're starting out if you have something that is already well known and easily researchable.

I'm sorry I didn't realize getting a trading report was more difficult than grade 5 math!

What has been said by anyone here in this thread that would justify your request to see trade statements? Your request is incredible.

I find your EW thread interesting. I have no inclination to wish to see trade statements proving to me that you trade based upon your analysis. Who cares? It is enough for me to read your analysis and then watch to see if price action unfolds as your analysis anticipated. That is all in which I am interested.

Best Wishes,

Thales

What has been said by anyone here in this thread that would justify your request to see trade statements? Your request is incredible.

I find your EW thread interesting. I have no inclination to wish to see trade statements proving to me that you trade based upon your analysis. Who cares? It is enough for me to read your analysis and then watch to see if price action unfolds as your analysis anticipated. That is all in which I am interested.

Best Wishes,

Thales

It doesn't matter to me personally whether his indicators work or whether he trades by them or not. If he posts a trading report I will not attempt to analyze it because I trade by EW and that works for me so I don't need anything else. However, there are a lot of people starting out trading who are interested. In truth I'm not even entering this discussion for them but just for my own amusement. Rumples and Razorboy are very emotional about this and quickly berate anyone with questions. In my experience this is very telling of the truth. The only other option is they are just d-bags. Either way it amuses me to call them out.

your level of insight and analysis is, to say the least quite astounding............

I'm sorry I didn't realize getting a trading report was more difficult than grade 5 math! I don't need your trading system. I've doing very well on my own. Why are you so emotional about this guy when you yourself don't even use these indicators? Emotional people are not good traders for obvious reasons. There are lots of indicators already out there that are standard for every broker and there's lots of good information on how to use them. Those aren't the holy grail of trading and neither are rumple's but you have a much higher chance of success when you're starting out if you have something that is already well known and easily researchable.

What is price action?

Let's take a look....

Most trading charts are 2 dimensional. Price on the vertical or Y-axis and time on the horizontal or X-axis.

Price either moves up or down. The distance price moves over a period of time would be its speed or velocity. The distance price covered from high to low would be its range.

Therefore, price action would be the movement of price over a period of time and its velocity. In other words, how far did it move and how fast was it moving.

Any other definition complicates the issue and misleads the trader.

Tro is good at programming but he is still learning to trade successfully like the majority of folks here.

This doesn't mean he is a bad bloke, in fact i like his rebellious style and him giving the two fingers to a lot of forums.

I was trading spot AUD for a US bank in the interbank market then, and I can tell you that decent entries would have been extremely difficult to come by. The AUD was a risk proxy and tracked equities closely. If equities got bid, everyone pulled their AUD offers and anyone needing to buy was hosed.

Not only that, most people trading FX are doing so through a shitty spot broker, a lot of the fills you would get, they wouldn't. People don't even realize how much faster a real pro setup is (dark fiber connections especially), let alone a high end black box co-located at an exchange or liquidity pool.

So if YOU thought it was bad, it was an abomination for people at an FX bucket shop.