Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MC

VRSN - Verisign

2008.06.25-VRSN-Daily.jpg

Broken head n' shoulders do the downside. Light volume on the break so do be cautious, but I'm in for a paper short on this.

Weekly also seems to show rejection on the attempt at a new high.

IMO of course. ;)

Thoughts?

MC,

Here's my 1 minute review while working an ES trade...

attachment.php?attachmentid=7175&stc=1&d=1214414121

In the above chart, I see:

Possible support area here w/ the Bollinger Band and previous attempts to break this. I would love to short BELOW this level.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7176&stc=1&d=1214414121

In the above chart (bigger timeframe), I see:

The Bollingers and Candles can provide some trades, but you can also get caught into a trending move that just moves up/down the band. Entry method would be vital here.

=======

In other words, I can see why you took a short here. I can also see reasons to be a bit hesitant on shorting here as well.

We'll see how it reacts on the FOMC, if at all.

I know nothing about this stock so hard to say 'based on' statements.

MC,

Here's my 1 minute review while working an ES trade...

attachment.php?attachmentid=7175&stc=1&d=1214414121

In the above chart, I see:

Possible support area here w/ the Bollinger Band and previous attempts to break this. I would love to short BELOW this level.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7176&stc=1&d=1214414121

In the above chart (bigger timeframe), I see:

The Bollingers and Candles can provide some trades, but you can also get caught into a trending move that just moves up/down the band. Entry method would be vital here.

=======

In other words, I can see why you took a short here. I can also see reasons to be a bit hesitant on shorting here as well.

We'll see how it reacts on the FOMC, if at all.

I know nothing about this stock so hard to say 'based on' statements.

I have a plan for 1 scale in and then a tight stop since I'm being aggressive on it. Lil pop on FOMC but light volume so far.

Thanks for the input. :)

Volume was moderate on the bar so it did have some buying pressure. Time will tell, I have the stop in GTC and embrace the full risk. (It's paper but for all intents I would trade this the same live at this stage of my education)

:)

I didn't have time to reply yesterday, sorry.

I'll say this I scaled out 1/2 and moved the stop to $39.75 on the last half.

$39.26 is my cost basis. An aggressive 1st entry and then a higher scale in as planned.

Like I said though...again I'm on paper guys, just to be 100% forthcoming.

I was stopped out quite some time ago on this play, proof I need to work on my stops and continue tweaking some. Did anyone get in on this tanker?

big.chart?symb=vrsn&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=21%2C50%2C200&uf=32&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=4&size=3&state=11&sid=51464&style=350&time=7&freq=1&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=8882&mocktick=1