Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Nice one cowpip. I know we see things differently at times but how come you didn't see a reversal where I did? You got that pretty spot on! I'm jealous!

I saw it, Wasp. The only thing that held me back was the fact that they were holding the vote on the Bill within the little bit after the candle closed that gave me (and you) the signal. I decided to hold and see what the vote would be. If they would have voted the Bill in, I would have ended up with 400 pips (as that is where my stop had been moved). But when I saw that the vote was failing, I had a feeling the negative sentiment would push GJ lower. And when it did, I held it until I received another signal. Had they not had the vote, I definitely would have reversed. The signal was pretty clear.

I saw it, Wasp. The only thing that held me back was the fact that they were holding the vote on the Bill within the little bit after the candle closed that gave me (and you) the signal. I decided to hold and see what the vote would be. If they would have voted the Bill in, I would have ended up with 400 pips (as that is where my stop had been moved). But when I saw that the vote was failing, I had a feeling the negative sentiment would push GJ lower. And when it did, I held it until I received another signal. Had they not had the vote, I definitely would have reversed. The signal was pretty clear.

Sweet, nice one. I try not to pay attention to news and factor it in so took the loss, SAR'd on the next candle lower and ran it till the next long signal (187.25) and been long ever since.

As important as the news was, it means a loss but half the time it is of no consequence and hell, I ain't perfect and its still an absolutely blinding week again! Got to take a loss here and there!

5aa70e8e149d5_hohum.thumb.gif.77002e7bcbcdc081d00e2ca2a946200b.gif

Decided to close for -7. I'm not seeing a good signal anymore. In fact, I can't see a signal at all now. Decided to take the risk off the table until I can see something more solid.

Wasp, what are you seeing?

188.40... pipped to the post by cowpip again! Nice entry!

Thanks. It's been a wicked day with that Buffet-induced spike mid-day. Stupid brilliant billionaire (I respect his brain, but otherwise think he's an idiot) can't keep his hands off of other companies. Now he's bought a good sum of GE shares - which, combined with the other GE holdings, oddly enough adds up very closely to the amount that GE would need to roll over their debt. I think GE is in trouble like the rest of them and couldn't get enough cash to roll over their debt without selling shares.

Anyway, his little stunt today just about threw this trade out the window. I hate those news-induced spikes with a passion.

Still short from 188.40..

FYI: purple lines are trailing levels and little blue E's are exits from trails. I just re-enter if it pulls back and rejects S/R and the TL.

1.thumb.gif.3c02f0b25d98117c0cc5d385399eef8a.gif