Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

This has been a hairy ride so far.

Man... weird WEIRD markets today. The Dow is sky-high, credit markets are bumping against the bottom, and the dollar is starting to rocket again. I'd say the stock market is the most dysfunctional of the bunch. But then, that makes sense given how much tampering the govt has done with that group.

Decided to close at b/e after hearing that there is some sort of wonky activity associated with this Bill they're trying to pass. I don't know where price may go, or whether it will follow another erratic path. It may be best to lay low right now. I'll reassess after I know more.

Well - for me, it's been a waste of a week. Should have gone on holidays this week instead. Sigh... Ranges were so narrow that even milking the cow would have yielded fairly miniscule profits.

Oh well... there's always next week.

Have a good one, everyone!

Evenin' all!

Looks like I chose a good week to take off! Hope you weren't all too badly burnt and we come back to life this week with some nice smooth swings!

Hey Wasp!

Nice to see you back in the ol' Forex Foxhole. So far, so good. I was unable to get what I felt would have been the best short entry at ~194.72 due to being away from the screens at that time.

I did get short GJ at 193.90. It's running nicely.

Well done! You beat me to the entry by 140 pips.

I didn't see the resistance at 195.40. In fact it took me a few minutes to find why you chose that level. Good call. It corresponds nicely to the gap fill from the open.

I've been spending a good deal of time going over the week ending charts you've posted and you're absolutely right: this is not that hard. It does involve a lot of waiting for the top shelf entries and just having the patience to let the trade run it's course.

Well done! You beat me to the entry by 140 pips.

I didn't see the resistance at 195.40. In fact it took me a few minutes to find why you chose that level. Good call. It corresponds nicely to the gap fill from the open.

I've been spending a good deal of time going over the week ending charts you've posted and you're absolutely right: this is not that hard. It does involve a lot of waiting for the top shelf entries and just having the patience to let the trade run it's course.

Not only that but it was a key lower area level a lot last week.

I don't see it as patience for the best entries, I just see little point in buying or selling unless lined up correctly with S or R as until such an event happens and it does reject said areas, then there is no high% guarantee it will change direction.

Take surfing... (sorry, Hawaii cliche!) You wouldn't waste energy paddling like a bitch whilst its still a far out swell... You wait for it to near peak and you can see (high%) whether it is correct to justify the effort/trade to then ride it.

Sleeping as far as I know.

I have no idea if he's in on this move or not. Hopefully, he is.

At least you can go into town and run your errands happily knowing this week has started of with a fantastic run of a trade.

Moo, guys.

I was able to enter at 194.70, seeing the picture just slightly differently than you, Wasp. Nice entry, BTW.

Moved my stop just above 192 as well, locking in about +233 pips. This thing hasn't bounced yet, and I suspect it's getting ready now.

It's a nice way to start the week off.

SEP2908B.thumb.gif.efa7b5998dfb50479d26be731a8016f1.gif

Moo, guys.

I was able to enter at 194.70, seeing the picture just slightly differently than you, Wasp. Nice entry, BTW.

Moved my stop just above 192 as well, locking in about +233 pips. This thing hasn't bounced yet, and I suspect it's getting ready now.

It's a nice way to start the week off.

I think the difference was I essentially carried last week over and the gap hadn't produced a higher low as yet and that was what I used to get my entry, rather than where you started the week as a fresh week as it were and waited for the first crossover to change direction.

Either way, it worked out nice for us all and who says a messy economy is a bad thing!

moved the stop down to 190.40 and happy days! 500 for the 'wages' account on a Monday is sweet! At this rate could be a 4 figured pip week!

IF 189.60 holds and the next candle prints higher than this, its switch time...

This is tooooo easy!

end.gif.d91a9a90802d784de65297ba3b5236fe.gif

This has been one heck of a good run. I agree whole-heartedly with you Wasp.

I'm of the opinion if 190.20 breaks, the direction will have reversed. It looks like it's trying to form a base now. But there's still no signal for me to long it.

I too have moved my stop lower. Don't want to give up any of these juicy profits.