Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Wasp, If you're going to do a weekend post to your blog, would you mind terribly annotating a couple of entries and exits on the chart with your thought process in as much detail as possible?

I realize you're flying by experience in ways some of us aren't thinking like at this time in our careers. It would really be a great help.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

Wasp, If you're going to do a weekend post to your blog, would you mind terribly annotating a couple of entries and exits on the chart with your thought process in as much detail as possible?

I realize you're flying by experience in ways some of us aren't thinking like at this time in our careers. It would really be a great help.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

No problem at all.

Also going to post it in the discussion thread so can talk in more detail.

Closed @ +1 after next hourly candle came up a bull hammer. I can wait for another clean opportunity though this was a little disappointing. I suppose not entirely unexpected being that we're in the opening hours of the new week.

Don't forget this trend-line, pipmonster. The longer trends come into play as well as the shorter-ones. I learned that last week when I could have / should have held my long from way down lower and instead cut it short at 300 pips. It could have been a much better week if I would have had the balls to hold it off of these longer trends.

sep2108a.thumb.gif.3e0858891f5ea7ea2b1b3985e3c065af.gif

yip. Good call on the trend line. Price certainly did react to it. Now price has broken below that longer term trend line and is fighting it out with the descending trend line from the recent high at the end of last week.

geppy_1hr_09-21-2008b.thumb.gif.dbc819422f4cd0376f56456f0cf5ff04.gif

I typically wait for a second attempt at the highs before giving up, Don4. I haven't seen a double-top yet. If it fails to get above 156.54ish a second time (and close above there), I'd personally cash out. It's showing some exhaustion, probably mostly because its already met close to its average daily range. Just a thought...

hi guys, there's not been a whole lot of participation lately in the indices thread (I'm not pointing the finger at anyone), but there is interest from a bunch of other guys who would like to participate in either posting live trades or commenting on charts and helping us figure out what the market is going to do next!

Unfortunately, right now, these guys can't access our threads because we are only visible for premium members. When we first got here, Soultrader was so kind to provide us with this incentive, but I think we must admit that we are coming up to a point where there is no need to keep things behind closed doors. There are no trolls around here, and those who aren't interest don't participate.

So, unless there are serious objections, I suggest we move everything over to the public area and see how things go. To be honest, I don't suspect much change, I just think we would all benefit from having others contribute as well. Over the course of the last few weeks several members have complained about being alone here. That would no longer be the case then :)

Wasp & myself are 200% behind the idea. I hope the rest is too!

Thanks to all those who have been loyally contributing in the past.

The more the merrier, Firewalker. I'm game - as long as this thread doesn't become a shouting match or an attempt by others to discredit spot over futures or futures over spot. And yes, please, no trolls allowed. I trust you two would consider moving it back to private if things do get out of hand?

Let's give it a shot.

The more the merrier, Firewalker. I'm game - as long as this thread doesn't become a shouting match or an attempt by others to discredit spot over futures or futures over spot. And yes, please, no trolls allowed. I trust you two would consider moving it back to private if things do get out of hand?

Let's give it a shot.

Yes, if things would get out of hand we'd restrict membership or ultimately just return things to normal. But the level of members we have on this site seems high enough to avoid trolls or slanging matches... Rest assured, we'll be keeping an eye out for anything non-catholic ;)

Wasp sure picked a dandy time to take a break. Some guys have all the luck. I left on vacation and missed some great activity. He leaves on vacation and the markets flatline - just for him, no doubt!

Absolutely nothing in my arsenal is sticking in these markets. We need more movement. This waiting for the Paulson robbery is doing me no good. The sooner they figure out how to get back on the road, the better. Until they do, I'll be flat.

Wasp sure picked a dandy time to take a break. Some guys have all the luck. I left on vacation and missed some great activity. He leaves on vacation and the markets flatline - just for him, no doubt!

Absolutely nothing in my arsenal is sticking in these markets. We need more movement. This waiting for the Paulson robbery is doing me no good. The sooner they figure out how to get back on the road, the better. Until they do, I'll be flat.

On the hourlies it looks like she's building up for another jump higher.

Could be wrong, but it's a fairly familiar pattern (ascending triangle).

I would agree. Everyone is probably thinking they will be announcing a bailout plan at 10 am EDT this morning, but who knows if the market will like what they see? They better, or this sucker could tank.

Here's what I've seen (and took) on GJ... It's in keeping with "trade what you see, not what you feel" and is despite the rising wedge-type formation you pointed out, and the anticipation of a potentially favorable (to the markets) bailout bill.

Sorry it wasn't live... was busy with other things.

SEP2508A.gif.5e4adae688a2d15f7eda48083e3f1155.gif