Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

It was about breakeven in the end! Think I will stick with the 240m tbh but just need to be extra careful with marking on S/R.

The 30m gives more detail but it was my own fault I screwed up wit the drop yesterday and just need to pay more attention really.

I know what you mean though, trading is meant to be about freedom, not 1 hour naps and 24/7 screen time!

Also, hourly alarm calls are probably not the healthiest of things that can be done. Creating stress, shock, panic, confusion, mental bluntness and high blood pressure etc. If it were me, just after I'd fallen off to sleep, the alarm would probably be going off again.

Also, hourly alarm calls are probably not the healthiest of things that can be done. Creating stress, shock, panic, confusion, mental bluntness and high blood pressure etc. If it were me, just after I'd fallen off to sleep, the alarm would probably be going off again.

True, but I wasn't waking up every hour. I was only waking up when price reached levels that required my attention. I woke up maybe 3 times during the night, which isn't bad - but it isn't as nice as with the 4-hour strat, which requires a wake-up for a couple of minutes once while I'm asleep. That, I can handle.

Getting back on track............ I think one of the biggest problems I have/had was not being able to see the S/R from so far back properly as when its much closer, I have little problems.

Time to invest in 3 more monitors so I can see back to 1985 in one long screen.

quick.gif.c22675a4419367b154ccc38d09785344.gif

Getting back on track............ I think one of the biggest problems I have/had was not being able to see the S/R from so far back properly as when its much closer, I have little problems.

Time to invest in 3 more monitors so I can see back to 1985 in one long screen.

My data doesn't go nearly that far back. I would imagine it should suffice to go back just a few years, let alone 20 years?

BTW, I'm STILL long on GJ... only a couple of close calls. I allowed my stop to be taken at b/e overnight so I could try to get a slightly better entry at 204.74. So currently, that's where I'm long from.

Yeah, 1985 is a tad excessive but just emphasising to make my point!

I'm actually flat now. All done for this week, its been quite the week and looking forward to a break atm.

Have a good one

Yeah, 1985 is a tad excessive but just emphasising to make my point!

Cool. Hey, and if you can justify purchasing 3 more monitors, GREAT! The more of those, the merrier. But then, I'm a computer junky.

I'm actually flat now. All done for this week, its been quite the week and looking forward to a break atm.

Have a good one

"Quite the week" is certainly a polite way to describe it.

Yes, you have a good one too!

BTW, I'm STILL long on GJ... only a couple of close calls. I allowed my stop to be taken at b/e overnight so I could try to get a slightly better entry at 204.74. So currently, that's where I'm long from.

Pretty whippy action today. Price doesn't know whether to continue lower or begin a retrace.

After failing to make it through and hold resistance around 206.26, I have chosen to take profit on its second attempt higher. It's a Friday, and a jittery one at that. So I closed for +120. A nice way to end the week.

Overall, not a great week, but today helped make up a bit for it.

Have a good weekend everyone!

So we're in a consolidation mode following last weeks massive ride on GJ. Daily ranges are once again contracting to less than half of what they were last week (sigh!).

Currently short on GJ, but since I didn't offer a live call, I won't mention the entry location.

I'll post a few of my live trades this week, but likely not during my night hours. Takes too much effort to do while in bed. I'll summarize the next morning.

Anyone else up for posting live trades???

How about that thar sideways action, folks! Holy man... what a colossal waste of time!

Have you looked at other pairs? I'm no FX trader, but occasionally I take a look at one of the pairs and notice a decent setup...

Have you looked at other pairs? I'm no FX trader, but occasionally I take a look at one of the pairs and notice a decent setup...

Thanks Firewalker... yeah, I had looked at the other pairs and actually switched to trading other pairs, which was a good choice compared to how GJ has been behaving lately. But I switched back to GJ on Thursday and did very well by the end of Friday (+262 pips on GJ with Wasp's strat from Thursday night until Friday's close).

Sorry I never posted any live trades of it. I haven't been doing terribly well with Wasps strat (but not terribly bad either - pretty much b/e since I started using it a week or two ago). Learning a new method is always a bit costly at first, and I'm more than willing to accept those losses during the learning process. But given how things have started to come together now, I believe the next few weeks will be much better with his strat. It's a very cool and simple strat and I'm a firm believer in simplicity.

I plan on resuming Wasp's strat on Sunday/Monday and will try to post live trades of my success / failures during the week.

Someone has to keep this thread alive, right? ;) It's worth keeping alive. If I've benefited from it and I've been full-time trading for several years now, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be of benefit to others (regardless of their experience) - particularly if it causes them to ask questions or to consider a new way of looking at things.

If you aren't willing to look at new strats and play with them (even at at loss), then I believe you're too rigid and likely won't survive the market when changes are required. The more tools you can add to your belt, the more quickly you will be able to adapt and survive when the market changes.

I continue to applaud Wasp for sharing. If I can play some small part in that (even if only to demonstrate that sure - initially, success isn't guaranteed when trying something new), then so be it.

Stopped out for for -28 pips.

Sorry to hear that, Don4. That sucks. This is a quircky session to be sure. Support around 86 is still in play on my books - but it's definitely testing the resolve of that level.

EDIT: Actually, it's 202.85 on my charts.

Sorry to hear that, Don4. That sucks. This is a quircky session to be sure. Support around 86 is still in play on my books - but it's definitely testing the resolve of that level.

Yep, I had a feeling this was the wrong direction, having been rejected at the previous resistance line. Silly me.

Stopped out for -52. Short @ 202.44

Well I guess Im done for the day, looks like you may have nailed the short you took, If you have decent size stops. I was showing support around 202.78.

Well I guess Im done for the day, looks like you may have nailed the short you took, If you have decent size stops. I was showing support around 202.78.

I've closed for -10 and gone long again at 202.49 with a very tight stop this time - It's having problems dropping below prior support and is now looking like it may (maybe?) roll back over. Granted, this is counter to Wasp's strat, so I'm liable to get taken out. But the hourly looks ripe to run higher now. So I've gone with my gut this time.