Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

This is getting some hallmarks of a late morning sell off...that recovers just before the NY open...

not betting the bank on it though...

Gosh 7 of us here ...in the am....excellent

short Ftse Sept...5251

If wrong I am in good Company...

btw .3? whassat all about..

my broker justs rounds against me...lol

Yup .3 ...... I have just opened a spread bet account to have a play around at smaller mutlipliers. Not doing too well lately, even the e-minis are getting a bit pricey.

But the spread difference on spread betting is so big, I have lost like 3-5 points just from the spread as soon as I open a position........

Yup .3 ...... I have just opened a spread bet account to have a play around at smaller mutlipliers. Not doing too well lately, even the e-minis are getting a bit pricey.

But the spread difference on spread betting is so big, I have lost like 3-5 points just from the spread as soon as I open a position........

Yep CMC spread 2 on Cash 3 on Sept

However if you have a target entry level...and then add 2...95% of times you will get filled...within 1 min

Yep CMC spread 2 on Cash 3 on Sept

However if you have a target entry level...and then add 2...95% of times you will get filled...within 1 min

Oh, thats interesting! I will try that next time, Thank you!

What size stops are you guys using ?

with the way its rising..."not tight enough"

US shooting for 11335-50 on futures...

I have Dax big resistance at 6380 (futures) and Ftse 5300 (cash)

Going to endure the pain now unless those are broken...

Having said that did not of course expect us to get up here..

Dow now assuming a +100 open...

back from walking the dog. Ftse climbed a lot more than i was expecting. Non farm payroll news at 1.30 might bring it back down, depends how manipulated the figures are....

Re stops - on this one, 50 points so 5305

I have the same problem with spread betting. A trading method that consistently wins with futures just doesn't work with SB, partly because of the platform, partly because of the increased spread, partly because of the devious tactics they use. Better to just pay the commission and tax --assuming you make a profit!

Bit late now because the offer stops tomorrow, but ODL have had zero spread on FTSE for a month or two.

None of my business, but which DA broker do you use, btw?

I have the same problem with spread betting. A trading method that consistently wins with futures just doesn't work with SB, partly because of the platform, partly because of the increased spread, partly because of the devious tactics they use. Better to just pay the commission and tax --assuming you make a profit!

Bit late now because the offer stops tomorrow, but ODL have had zero spread on FTSE for a month or two.

None of my business, but which DA broker do you use, btw?

Yea, I agree. The SB method needs getting used to and i feel a bit cheated everytime I open a position with them stealing some poitns off me. But I am only doing very small bets to practice, so it doesn't matter.

I use Interactive Brokers, I think they are quite good.

stopped out for -50, not the best trade ever!!!

Well win or lose I have done some stupid trades this am...particularly in the Ftse, which has shown as a buy on my 60 mins since yesterday..

I often woonder if I should only trade Mon - Wed as Thurs and Fri often go pear shaped..:(