Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Currently in London

Hi gang,

Im currently in London for business and will be here for a few more days. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendation on where to go.... any places that I MUST visit while in London?

The city is absolutely beautiful and the women... wow! lol

Thanks!

I'm a sucker for just walking around in London - I particularly like Buckingham Palace, St. James Park, Hyde Park, Pall Mall and Trafalgar Square. These are all in the same sort of area. Maybe I am just a tourist, but these are beautiful areas of the city. Enjoy!

Go visit the Bank of England - just to say you have been there - Lloyds building too.

Depends what you are into really. If you are just site seeing, then all the things that mister ed said are great.

If you wish to do shopping there is always those famous stores, Harrods, Selfridges, Bond Street and Oxford Street. If you are here for the weekend then maybe go to Portabello Market in Nottinghill Gate for antiques.

Food wise, Wolseley in Green Park does a very very good breakfast, also Thursday to Saturday, Borogh Market at London Bridge is always a nice place to visit.

Nigthlife, if you like the posh end of things, Chinawhite and Funky Budda are nice. Otherwise Hoxton is the new trendy place for young art students (very nice~~), one of the club, can't remember the name, has a swimming pool inside.

Thanks gilligullu,

I definitely want to check out Bond Street. I also heard about Funky Budda... will check that out if I have the time.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Only here for another 2 days so hopefully get to visit a few of the places mentioned above.

With just a couple of days its pretty hard especially if you have to fit business in too!

I am in the country at the moment enjoying fresh air and sunshine (well until it all went to sh*t today). A shame you are only there for another couple of days, otherwise I would have happily taken you to some den of iniquity :) Gilligullu's suggestions are good (as are Mr Ed's). London really does have a lot going for it.

Thanks Blowfish. I will definitely try to meet some of you located in UK in the future. This trip was rather short.... was supposed to stop by the US as well but can no longer do so either.

Weather was definitely lovely up until today. Cant even seem to find a store that sells umbrellas :(

Been a good trip overall though. Great city... maybe a bit expensive though.

Been a good trip overall though. Great city... maybe a bit expensive though.

Sorry if I'm wrong but aren't you from Japan?! Last time I was there (albeit 10 years ago) I was glad to get back to London! Or maybe it was Hong Kong but sure I found Tokyo expensive!

Sorry if I'm wrong but aren't you from Japan?! Last time I was there (albeit 10 years ago) I was glad to get back to London! Or maybe it was Hong Kong but sure I found Tokyo expensive!

Things have changed now... almost everything in London is double that of Tokyo from a bottle of water, the tube, clothing, restaurants, rent, etc...

Residents get billed weekly for rent here? I keep seeing rental property and housing priced by the week.

Things have changed now... almost everything in London is double that of Tokyo from a bottle of water, the tube, clothing, restaurants, rent, etc...

Really, things have changed a lot then although I could be thinking of Hong Kong more.

Residents get billed weekly for rent here? I keep seeing rental property and housing priced by the week.

Not sure? Last time I rented it was monthly but that was a while back.

No they bill monthly but the numbers are just too big so they quote weekly and hope you can't do the maths.

I recently had a friend who's moved back with her husband back to Japan from London. Was told you pay weekly rent, not monthly because it's so damn expensive. Anyway, hope you're having fun James.

London was a blast. I just got back to Tokyo but I absolutely loved the city. Especially the drinking culture there is a lot of fun. Met some nice ppl there as well.

Definitely a place I would love to go back sometime... preferably more than 4 days next time.