Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

Tutorial Request

James, I'm a little confused how I put a camtasia video on the forum. I have the video saved on my computer, but how do I go through the proper steps to put it on this site?

If it's really easy, just tell me and I'll figure it out. If not, it might be beneficial to others as well if there was a simple video tutorial. Thanks...

Hi james,

The current way is to upload only the .swf file using the attachments or a third party uploading site. Our attachments support a variety of other video formats as well but the problem lies when the file becomes too big. This causes the attachments to hang.

What I do is to upload the entire folder camstudio produces and use the .html link as the video. This gives a nice video frame when viewing in a browser. The problem is, I can only do this as I have access to my ftp server account. Unfortunately I can not share this.

One alternative is for me to ask my coder to build a system where members can upload files directly onto my server. However, this could cause alot of problems as well.

First, what format is your video file? Second, how big is the file size?

When I used Camtasia to produce the video I opted to produce it for the web and it automatically created the video in several files. The default file is in .avi and I have a few options in shockwave flash object, not really sure if that's the .swf or not. The file is rather large though around 7:00 minutes but I can always break it down if needed.

Hi James,

I dont think we can support files with that size. My suggestion is for you to upload the .avi with rapidshare.com or a different filesharing service. I will look into allowing ftp access to premium members by setting up another account with my server. Then I can restrict file uploads so you will be able to upload the entire folder.

If you want, you can simply pack into a zip file and upload the zip file into rapidshare. Send me the link and i will unpack it, load it into my server, and send the file link back to you.