Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jperl

What is DEMAND/SUPPLY volume?

Thats interesting, I would be interested in hearing how you view the time information as far as this stuff is concerned. I have really been wrestling with this lately as to the utility of time information, I'm just not convinced its really that usefull but might be missing something.

Here is a chart from this morning that I had been waiting to see from reading Dr Bretts market delta posts on his blog. The top chart is all trades, the bottom is filtered to only 10 lots +. Its pretty interesting in that the smaller traders drove price up but were basically just providing liquidity for the larger traders. If you were only watching the deltas of all trades it would just look like the ask was getting hit but the larger traders were hitting bids all the way up. After that chart the larger traders just kept hitting bids and drove price down. pretty interesting information.

WOW...now that is some interesting stuff there. I wish I had a broker that could feed market delta or that TS has some good free delta indicators available that were similar to what you're showing.

While that was pretty cool to see, i'm really still not convinced the footprint chart is that useful. It almost seems to me you can get the exact same info from multiple time and sales windows. Regular time/sales, time/sales filtered to only show trades at the bid with X number of contracts, then the same thing for the ask.

I'm pretty much done with this trial of market delta now. Pretty much agree with every review i've read of it. Its pretty interesting but not interesting enough to warrant the price they charge for it.

I think time is important because without it you loose sight of 'pace' or volatility. I am not saying you can't trade without it as clearly you can. The full picture (for me) is a triangle of time price and volume. They are all related and detecting the shifts is easier with all pieces of information (again for me). Of course price is king as that is where we make our money and some people can do well enough with price alone.

EDIT: Have you had a look at James MP thread? Time is all important in MP :)