Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheJudge

Trading Strategy in Excel.

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I am trying to build a trading strategy in Excel. I can get most data i.e. closing price, volume etc… but I want to use technical analysis formulas in Excel to give me the RSI or MACD etc.. which then shows a buy or sell signal.

Is there an excel book that shows me such formulas or a web site?

Many Thanks!

Judge:

1. How did you get your data into excel. I have tried to use the wizard Data Connection in MS Excel 2007 but I can't connect to my 3rd party provider, BarChart. Any ideas?

2. Sharing a simple template would be appreciated.

James

There's a book called Technical Analysis from A to Z. It's an encyclopedia of all technical indicators with their formulas. They are easy adopt to an excel formula.

A cheaper way would be to google for them formulas.

Here's what I've just found on RSI:

Relative Strength Index (RSI) - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com

eww, I just see your post is from 2007

Edited by silvermachine
original post is over two years old

Rarely Excel is very useful in trading. Microsoft Excel can be a powerful tool in making investment and trading decisions. By importing external data and using Excel's conditional formatting and formulas for calculations, investors can develop trading strategies and get instant buy and sell indicators.

Click on the following link: How to Develop a Trading Strategy in Excel | eHow.com.

This will definitely help you my friend.:helloooo: