Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Some of the pairs look very interesting for hold over the weekend but not sure with the light volume for today and tomorrow if it's advisable.

I'm going to try with a small position and wider stop to be sure I won't get stopped out. Any observations on this one?

Can't really go wrong as long as you're paddling with the Yen flows this week torero.

As you say, if you're unsure due to the thin conditions, simply reduce the size & play your stops to the s&r safety nets.

Nice trade if you took it ;)

In the end, I shorted the CADJPY when it broke down. Decided not to hold it over the weekend. Yen sure was a nice steady weakness. Conditions couldn't have been I must say.

Thanks for the advice. Have a good Thanksgiving weekend!

Some of the pairs look very interesting for hold over the weekend but not sure with the light volume for today and tomorrow if it's advisable. I'm going to try with a small position and wider stop to be sure I won't get stopped out. Any observations on this one?

USDJPY-CONFIRMING-BREAKDOWN.gif

Nice call Torero.

In the end, I shorted the CADJPY when it broke down.

Yen sure was a nice steady weakness.

I think you meant Yen strength, but I get your drift.

That’s a smart trade. Hopping on the back of that textbook s&r flip through 111.50 at the Round Number (111.0) put the odds firmly on your side of the table.

Of all the lower tops/peak-trough junctions to catch it (apart from 117.0), you nailed the less risky option – good job!

You trade OPM/Fund money or just your private pot torero?

These threads are somewhat lonesome on this side of the site huh? Apart from your contribution, us 3 are talking to ourselves :\

Wonder where the original thread starter wandered off to? Sure hope his (EU) shorts caught a life raft.

Thanks for the holiday good wishes man!, have yourself a great weekend too!

yenflow.jpg.4d4e29174791ca57fe4b441d1230db71.jpg

yenflows.jpg.9d25b76bba546d82eefd387061961b05.jpg

I'm always game when it comes to forex observations and commentaries, especially when they're not much company during London session so I don't expected the low head count. Plus Thanksgiving weekend don't expect much activity here (I don't celebrate it anymore since no one does in Europe does).

Yeah, it wasn't that hard since most Yen-related pairs wanted knocking to make new lows. That trade's been easier than others I've traded lately.

160.5 remains your range defense on EURJPY Andre :)

Key Jap data hits the tape tomorrow/Thursday. BoJ clearing their throats if ($-yen) 109.0 turns out to be a ceiling.

View from the cheap seats? Same 109.0 influences GBPJPY 225.5/EURJPY 162.5 upside.

Thoughts people??

Strong Yen backing off (up to) your 109 interests me, down to the uncomfortable BoJ zone of 105-106.5. Definitely interests big money specs too.

Between 109-111.50 is your (jobbers) market. That channel puts me on the sidelines.

Watching AUDCAD @ .8750 (lighten longs) & 8875.

GBPCHF paid the piper off Andre’s ceiling (2.2970), now flat again.

EURO still a strong hold & good buy off your .4770 upper tier. Nice s&r call ;)

Cable as you mentioned last week - strong buy back to initial supports .0450-60

Xmas volumes on the "to do" list.

A light (Monday) calendar kicks off the week. Thin holiday trade/order flows requires recalibrating from the holiday volatility. Most popular pairs are continuing to trade inside their Tokyo ranges.

Watch the equity markets closely this week for clues to the high yielders. Weak equities = high yielder sales.

Tip:

Also keep tabs on the Institutional Moving Averages as they come into view on the Dailies. Clever desks are still monitoring this traffic.

200/100/50 simple moving average/daily timeframe, marrying horizontal s&r zones = increased awareness in lieu of stops/re-positioning.

It'll pick up as we grind through today torero. Medium term (long) positions are safe on Euro, Cable is being traded in sympathy. Players need to see the color of the chatter/credit crunch bullshit etc. Plus, a decent view of the equity markets for a little "finger in the air" guidance.

The buck remains billy-no-mates, so the short-term (fast money) specs are still hovering ready to whack it.

Decent data on the roll call this week should set things up for another crack at the highs on the Europeans.

Eurozone head honcho's (Wellink, Lorenzo Bini Smaghi) & Sarkozy have been nattering to the wires again today, attempting to throw an amber light to the markets re: 1.50-55.

Things are becoming nervy & tetchy out there.....wonderful opportunities for fast 2 way business at the psychological levels!!

Watch & listen for an uptick in ECB chatter/vocals as prices nudge key zones. Same with Fukui/BoJ.