Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s Forex "Vma Trend Scalps"

Walter you missed one post; and I though you liked the JPY!!!

Well Walter, I certainly don't want to miss your remarks on my charts.

Yes, I realize that the DAX is not forex, but let's pretend it is a currency and improve on our methodology.

Actually your methodology, "ours" in the sense of our intention to apply it, when finalized.

So the questions today refer to:

1) aggressive or conservative entry

2) exit strategy using Hook From Extreme.

Your point of view is always appreciated.

Cheers.

Unicorn.

I would time on 55T chart only... and the HFE some times can get tricky, (due to divergences) happened to me when I was ccier , If you want to use oscillator, you may want to check the histogram of the first oscillator crossing 0... still can get tricky sometimes (divergences)... for exits I liked the "red area"... clean exit criteria , no oscillator divergences risks.. (getting you out before time) ...

here is chart :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3790&stc=1&d=1194053320

I see the concepts are getting really uniform from chart to chart... looks like we where looking always the same chart.. jejej... when that happens its a good signal of progress ¡¡

keep them coming Unicorn... good stuff... cheers Walter.

I would time on 55T chart only...

Hello Walter;

Have a look at this one: cable, London open 02-11-2007.

Slow, noisy market. Pick your trades please.

Have a good day.

Unicorn.

eurusd 02-11-2007

Walter do you agree with the distinction in two types:

vmar icon "vmar trade type 1"

reject me baby "vmar trade type 2"

cheers

Unicorn.

Walter, Blu-Ray

Two alternate exit definitions to consider:

eurusd 30-11-2007

I hope the files were attached this time. hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::frustrated::frustrated:

Unicorn.

Walter, Blu-Ray

eurusd 30-11-2007

Unicorn.

Walter, Blu-Ray

eurusd 30-11-2007

I hope the files were attached this time. hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::frustrated::frustrated:

Unicorn.

And another one: Twiggs Money Flow.

Hi Unicorn... from all the researched so far I like the "red area" exit... as it doesnt have any divergence risk into it and it can eventually keep you inside of big moves... otherwise I would exit acording to my daily target ( if meeted)... cheers Walter.

Some charts...

you basicly have two setups there, or icon or continuation...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3815&stc=1&d=1194141919

attachment.php?attachmentid=3816&stc=1&d=1194141919

attachment.php?attachmentid=3817&stc=1&d=1194141919

there are cases of very shallow pullbacks, one alternative is the oscillator... on my new aproach you will see how I deal with shallow pullbacks with more eficiency thanks to vma`s combined to hull signlas ... just very cool stuff indeed...

take care Unicorn ¡¡ nice charts... cheers Walter.

Take care with agressive entries without some proper pullbacks, could get tricky eventually, creating possible overtrading... an Horizontal Effect at least will call for some pullback...

In terms of exits... oscillators can be subjective :confused: jejeje lol.... cheers Walter.

Take care with aggressive entries without some proper pullbacks, could get tricky eventually, creating possible overtrading... an Horizontal Effect at least will call for some pullback...

Good Day Walter;

Indeed, thank you for the warning.

I also figured that going up 1 frame will help decide to take the trade or not (filter). Have a look. What do you say?

cheers.

Unicorn.

In terms of exits... oscillators can be subjective :confused:

Yes, indeed.

That's why I am looking into this and sharing the screen-shots, to get your feedback.

"WHY NOT THIS?" (Twiggs crossover): good point Walter. Thank you.

My understanding is that implicitly I take into account the fact that the cyan line has not crossed the red line. Which means that the cyan - red line crossing is the signal and the Twiggs Money Flow indicator is just a pretext, an excuse, or at best a warning.

Your remarks are always welcome, Walter.

cheers.

Unicorn.

you basically have two setups there, or icon or continuation...

Yes, I just noticed that I had been posting only "type 1" trades, "vmar icons".

To keep a proper balance I had to post "type 2 trades", "reject me baby" - I like this term better that "continuation" - "reject me baby" carries a lot more information.

there are cases of very shallow pullbacks, one alternative is the oscillator...

I guess that you mean to use the oscillator for entry timing, when the trade is a "type 2" or "reject me baby" trade. Please confirm this. A picture of this would also help a lot.

regards.

Unicorn.

My understanding is that implicitly I take into account the fact that the cyan line has not crossed the red line. Which means that the cyan - red line crossing is the signal and the Twiggs Money Flow indicator is just a pretext, an excuse, or at best a warning.

CORRECTION: The correct phrasing is

My understanding is that implicitly I take into account the fact that the price has not crossed the cyan line OR the cyan line has not crossed the red line. Which means that the price - cyan line crossing OR the cyan - red line crossing is the signal and the Twiggs Money Flow indicator is just a pretext, an excuse, or at best a warning.

I have to research this further.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Good Day Walter;

Indeed, thank you for the warning.

I also figured that going up 1 frame will help decide to take the trade or not (filter). Have a look. What do you say?

cheers.

Unicorn.

On my new updated aproach, I am about to use a higher time frame to see better context... so I agree on having a nice aerial view of the big picture...

CORRECTION: The correct phrasing is

My understanding is that implicitly I take into account the fact that the price has not crossed the cyan line OR the cyan line has not crossed the red line. Which means that the price - cyan line crossing OR the cyan - red line crossing is the signal and the Twiggs Money Flow indicator is just a pretext, an excuse, or at best a warning.

I have to research this further.

cheers.

Unicorn.

makes sense... once price entered cyan/ red, oscillator signal can be used...

keep it testing... sounds good.... cheers Walter.

I guess that you mean to use the oscillator for entry timing, when the trade is a "type 2" or "reject me baby" trade. Please confirm this. A picture of this would also help a lot.

regards.

Unicorn.

On new aproach... I will probably drop oscillators for timing... only vma`s...

On new aproach... I will probably drop oscillators for timing... only vma`s...

There are deep and shallow pullbacks... maybe for the shallow pullbacks I will satisfy my scalping beast with ccit3 timings.. the rest will be with vma`s... working on it... I need a 36 hour day :doh: .... cheers Walter.

Good day Walter;

How do you classify this eurusd formation? What is your entry?

On 5min it looks somewhat better than on 220T

cheers.

Unicorn.

Good day Walter;

cheers.

Unicorn.

Unicorn

Just a couple of quick questions, what is the black line with dots in, is that the 34 ema?

Also, have you already posted your codes for the signal vma and rainbow vma, sorry for asking but there's been loads of codes posted recently that I couldn't remember if you had.

Obviously without reading the code, what is the difference between yours and PYenners MT4 version, is it the stochastics element?

Looking at those last charts you posted, although it gave you a late entry on the cyan line, you're not going to get perfect entries every time, but I would imagine it will keep you out of more of the bad trades. Thats why I wouldn't mind coding this up and testing it myself if possible.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

what is the black line with dots in, is that the 34 ema?

Good day Blu-Ray;

yes

Also, have you already posted your codes for the signal vma and rainbow vma.

yes. it is here http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/walter-s-forex-vma-trend-scalps-2558-8.html#post23547

and here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/walter-s-forex-vma-trend-scalps-2558-9.html#post23626

Obviously without reading the code, what is the difference between yours and PYenners MT4 version, is it the stochastics element?

True implementation of Vidya, as per the original Chande formulation.

Looking at those last charts you posted, although it gave you a late entry on the cyan line, you're not going to get perfect entries every time, but I would imagine it will keep you out of more of the bad trades.

yes Blu-Ray, I agree.

In reference to eurusd 05-11-2007, I am asking Walter if he would classify the formation as a correct setup; I am contemplating that if the setup is not "textbook perfect", chances are that the signal is not going to be perfect as well, and it is likely that the trade payoff will be meager (even for a scalp!). What do you think?

Thats why I wouldn't mind coding this up and testing it myself if possible.

Good idea, Blu-Ray. Looking forward to your charts and commentary.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Good day Walter;

cheers.

Unicorn.

Hi Unicorn... a good day for you also ¡¡

formation there looks like a classic vmar icon, whenever you cross the magenta line and go out of the rainbow on first intention, followed by a contained pullback its a centrifugal iconic action...

about late timing with cyan line it may happen.... notice if you use red area exit, trade would still be working... cheers Walter.

about late timing with cyan line it may happen....

Well Walter, I figured to use the yellow line vma(2,3,3). What do you think??

notice if you use red area exit, trade would still be working...

cheers Walter.

Yes indeed. Thank you for bringing this up. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

The profit would be approximately 5 pips more, BUT you would have to be in the trade 30 minutes more and withstand a 12 pip range chop. :fight:

I know I would find that very tough; and I would probably exit the trade sooner on account of the trade not moving in my direction after x bars. :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

I will have to find a better exit.

cheers.

Unicorn.