Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s Forex "Vma Trend Scalps"

Hello Walter;

cable 30-10-2007.

snapshot 1 is the trade.

snapshot 2 are the two scalps. The second scalp takes place on falling momentum (as estimated by the cci). It is a tougher call (at least to me).

The entry to the second scalp is not so clear to me. I would appreciate your remarks Walter.

Would you also comment on the trades of post #67?

Thank you.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Hi Unicorn...

lets start with this one :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3684&stc=1&d=1193756195

very nice vmar icon on 5 min... you see it could be timed on the 5 min chart with the oscillator (I will soon do video on this issue)...

now timing on the 1 min chart was tricky with the oscillator, probably would got stoped... now look at the cyan vma when it gets out of the rainbow it gave a good timing... what I see, is this, if the cyan line is already ouside the rainbow then you can take the oscillator signal, now if the cyan line its inside the rainbow, you may want to wait till she gets out for a timing entry signal...

( I will video on this topic as well)... let me post videos, then I continue on the other charts... cheers Walter.

This is a video about an alternative we really never dwelt with... but it is an alternative... and it is the timing on the 5 min chart with an oscillator, in this case the ccit3...

As all alternatives it has some edge over the 1 min timing and it has its disadvantages as well... but I thought it would be good to add this alternative to our considerations...

on next post I will add another video about an interesting factor on timing at the 1 min chart... cheers Walter.

On this video I deal with an interesting phenomena between vma`s that help us gauge the momentum condition where we can decide with confidence to take a trade timed by the oscillator... also how this external cyan vma line can be used to time entries as well...

I will see exactly what line this would be on mt4... also, Sparrow if you are planning to get this on NT... this set of indis just exactly as Unicorn has it for amibroker, they are a very powerfull pack ¡¡

Unicorn, would you be willing to share your indis and template for the amibroker soft as well ? thanks a lot ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Unicorn, would you be willing to share your indis and template for the amibroker soft as well ? thanks a lot ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Hi Walter;

Indicators:

cyan line (signal) is vmar_1(3,5)

black line is ema(3) of signal line

red line (rainbow base) is vmar_1(5,5)

vmar_1 code is attached. Enjoy...

cheers,

Unicorn.

Hi Walter;

Indicators:

black line is ema(3) of signal line

vmar_1 code is attached. Enjoy...

cheers,

Unicorn.

ok Unicorn I really aprecciate that ¡¡ I will ask Bruce if he can code this version as you did for mt4...

Also Sparrow, you may want to check on Unicorn`s code...

Thanks a lot ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Ok I continue with the second chart here from Unicorn...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3693&stc=1&d=1193781691

on the 1 min chart the first trade happens when the cyan gets outside the rainbow... the other trade look how nice the relation between the cyan and the red line give us confidence to take the timing with the oscillator...

ok this other chart :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3694&stc=1&d=1193782237

the same timing principles could be applied there...

and this other one :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3695&stc=1&d=1193782596

cheers Walter.

ok Unicorn I really aprecciate that ¡¡ I will ask Bruce if he can code this version as you did for mt4...

Thanks a lot ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Thanks Walter...great videos. I look forward to testing these out in MT4. Thanks Unicorn for providing the charts...Armand

I will ask Bruce if he can code this version for mt4...

Hello Walter, Bruce, Sparrow.

In this modification I have the functionality of selecting a different value for the stochastics periods from the value of adx periods.

Have fun.

cheers. Unicorn.

In this modification I have the functionality of selecting a different value for the stochastics periods from the value of adx periods.

Hello Walter.

Another cable trade - scalp; this time using vmar_2 for "signal" and "rainbow base"

As always, your comments will be appreciated.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Hello Walter.

Another cable trade - scalp; this time using vmar_2 for "signal" and "rainbow base"

As always, your comments will be appreciated.

cheers.

Unicorn.

I asume "signal" is your cyan line and "rainbow base" the red line correct ?

looking this chart from Unicorn :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3714&stc=1&d=1193846313

Ok, what I see on this chart is how timing with the vma`s on the price pane can be more solid than with the oscillator... thats why timing with oscillator will always be more agressive than with the vma`s...

One good timing criteria is The Cyan line getting out of the rainbow on 1 min or 55t charts...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3715&stc=1&d=1193846646

About stops, I will explain on next post... cheers Walter.

About stops, I will explain on next post... cheers Walter.

Thank you Walter.

I am looking forward to this.

I asume "signal" is your cyan line and "rainbow base" the red line correct ?

That is correct.

One good timing criteria is The Cyan line getting out of the rainbow on 1 min or 55t charts...

OK, looks good. Similar to a moving average crossover.

cheers. Unicorn.

OK, looks good. Similar to a moving average crossover.

Yes, the edge here is that they are Vma`s and have a very nice clean performance... cheers Walter.

Unicorn : I am kinda thirtsty for some of your charts... can you post some so I can comment on them ? by the way, do you have forex data there ? if you do, can you also post some eur/jpy 5 min 1 min and 55t ? thanks Walter.

Hi Walter;

Indicators:

cheers,

Unicorn.

So let me get this right Unicorn... on your first version you had this inputs then :

cyan : _ema periods : 3

_adx periods : 5

_stoch periods: 5

red: _ ema periods :5

_ adx periods :5

_stoch periods : 5

now with the second version you could input separately adx and stochs... would that be the evolution there ?... thanks Walter.

cyan : _ema periods : 3

_adx periods : 5

_stoch periods: 5

red: _ ema periods :5

_ adx periods :5

_stoch periods : 5

now with the second version you could input separately adx and stochs... would that be the evolution there ?... thanks Walter.

That is correct Walter.

You are welcome.

Unicorn.

Unicorn : I am kinda thirsty for some of your charts... can you post some so I can comment on them ?

Hi Walter;

Looney scalp 01-11-2007.

I think that we need to finalize the exit strategy.

Your comments are always appreciated.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Walter;

Aussie scalps 01-11-2007. Well not exactly scalps, rather mini trades.

How is your study with the NT vmar coming along? I feel that something

interesting is brewing.

cheers.

Unicorn.

How is your study with the NT vmar coming along? I feel that something

interesting is brewing.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Certainly it is taking much more shape as the tick charts make more efective timing charts...

About the exits I would tell you that the red area of the rainbow its good...

here I post charts with comentaries, I like what I see... basicly the vmar Icons are created on the 5 min chart and the timing happens on a smaller tick chart where so far the best entries happen when the cyan line gets outside the rainbow.... now we had a case where there was almost no pullback, in that case Unicorn timed his entry between the cyan line and its black signal ema 3... agresive but if there was good momentum it was the last chance to take the train...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3751&stc=1&d=1193957775

attachment.php?attachmentid=3752&stc=1&d=1193957775

attachment.php?attachmentid=3753&stc=1&d=1193957775

attachment.php?attachmentid=3754&stc=1&d=1193957775

attachment.php?attachmentid=3755&stc=1&d=1193957775

attachment.php?attachmentid=3756&stc=1&d=1193957775

With all this nice examples we can elaborate into some more solid "setuping", "timing" and "exit" criterias... "stops", I would recomend the chimps universal stop system... cheers Walter.

Walter, last one for tonight.

Japan Yen scalps 01-11-2007 on 5min, 1min charts.

Comparison to 220T, and 55T.

Walter you missed one post; and I though you liked the JPY!!!

Well Walter, I certainly don't want to miss your remarks on my charts.

Yes, I realize that the DAX is not forex, but let's pretend it is a currency and improve on our methodology.

Actually your methodology, "ours" in the sense of our intention to apply it, when finalized.

So the questions today refer to:

1) aggressive or conservative entry

2) exit strategy using Hook From Extreme.

Your point of view is always appreciated.

Cheers.

Unicorn.

Walter, last one for tonight.

Japan Yen scalps 01-11-2007 on 5min, 1min charts.

Comparison to 220T, and 55T.

This is a good one.

Take care.

Unicorn.

Sorry, I skipped this ones... excellent entries and exits as well... your markings are correct there, with entries on cyan line getting outside of rainbow and exits on red area...

cheers Walter.