Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s Forex "Vma Trend Scalps"

Yes, it is possible... would it be those indicators on 5 min chart ?

I think that timing indicators (vmar3, ema(vmar3) and T3cci) should be on the 1min chart.

I have attached a screen-shot of gbpusd currency futures. (AmiBroker v5.00)

I have not coded vmar_3 successfully yet, so I am using vmar_1(3,3) instead.

Q1: which bar on the 5-min chart qualifies as magenta line rejection?

Q2: do we care about the fact that not enough trades took place at the time frame in question?

Thank you Walter.

cheers.

Unicorn.

keep them coming... cheers Walter.

Hello Walter;

It seems that you missed my two questions on the previous message.

Please have another look at it.

Here is more; eurusd currency futures; times are gmt+2, date is European format.

Q3: would you monitor the 3 min chart as well, so that you can identify a vmar icon on the 3-min, if the move is so fast that there is not a vmar-icon on the 5 min chart??

cheers;

Unicorn.

and furthermore:

Q4: Is this move sufficiently large to qualify as a vmar-icon?

Q5: Do you have guidelines with respect to the size of price move 1 (intention), in order for it to qualify as a decent intention for a vmar icon?

cheers;

Unicorn.

I thought I answered on the chart...

but lets answer again :

q1: yes the bar you marked looks good for a magenta line rejection

q2: looks like there where less activity, but on forex cash there probably where some banks changing some millons... so doesnt mean there wasnt liquidity there...

q3: unfortunately I use mt4 and there is no 3 min chart time frame... yes 3 min could be interesting...

let me share a chart where you can see our actual centrifugal and centripetal setups on a rainbow with ccit3 for timing (could be timed even on 5 min chart)...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3646&stc=1&d=1193665220

liet motif its always the same... its about rejecting or refreshing the axis... wich indicators yo want to use, I believe we have a great amount of alternatives...

But basicly the chimp is always doing just about the same, or he is rejecting an axis or he is going back to the axis... cheers Walter.

and furthermore:

Q4: Is this move sufficiently large to qualify as a vmar-icon?

Q5: Do you have guidelines with respect to the size of price move 1 (intention), in order for it to qualify as a decent intention for a vmar icon?

cheers;

Unicorn.

very good questions Unicorn ¡¡ I believe this is one of the great keys for success, and it is the capacity of good momentum discernment... did you go thru the video series on momentum discernment ?

let me answer this one with a video... I first take cofee... cheers Walter.

good stuff Unicorn ¡¡

This is a bit messy.

I am really anxious to know:

1) which trades you see; please mark them

2) at what point you would have thought that you had enough of it.

Thank you Walter.

Unicorn.

Well, if you thought that the noise was enough, eurusd had a Friday evening surprise.

Walter could you please mark your entry and exit on this chart?

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: Thank you for your help and patience. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

NB. I think that these are enough questions and charts for one day.

Unicorn.

Its an excellent excersise Unicorn for me and for you, and also for all of us to go thru this charts... It has been sometime since I was not looking at rainbows because of the new thread, but rainbows have a terrific edge of showing very clear momentum conditions...

I believe all the aproaches have their particular edge... cheers Walter.

rainbows have a terrific edge of showing very clear momentum conditions...

Walter,

The first screen-shot depicts a nice scalp.

The second one, although it has a nice magenta line rejection, I cannot pinpoint the entry. Your comments are welcome.

cheers. Unicorn.

Its an excellent exercise Unicorn for me and for you, and also for all of us to go thru these charts... It has been sometime since I was not looking at rainbows because of the new thread, but rainbows have a terrific edge of showing very clear momentum conditions...

Hello Walter;

In another thread you mentioned that you believe 22 tick charts are the best or the most appropriate. That was for the Russel.

I have a couple of questions.

Q1: Would you please comment on the 22 tick chart being the most appropriate for viewing price action.

Q2: Your thoughts about the 110 tick - 22 tick chart on forex (futures).

The first chart has basically the same structure as the time based.

The second chart has cleaner price action; the magenta line rejection on the 5 min chart has been transformed to good momentum (WIDE RAINBOW) on 110 tick chart and a magenta line rejection on the 22 tick chart.

Please mark your entry and exit on the charts.

best regards.

Unicorn.

I like what I see Unicorn... I see you are a fast learner ¡¡

I also like to see how nice you are blending the "vmar icons" setups with the timing method of "vma trend scalps" ... this two ccit3`s work very nice, they do an excellent timing job...

After todays videos on your charts I had been researching on the performance of how would this ccit3`s on the 5 min chart could also be used to time trades right on the 5 min chart as well...

Basicly we could have two timing alternatives here... we could time ourselves right on the 5 min chart with the oscillators or time on the 1 min as explained so far...

Now whats the edge on both :

_edge of taking timing on 5 min : less noise.

_edge of taking timing on 1 min : more specific spots.

so lets see your charts now taking this possible timing concepts into acct :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3664&stc=1&d=1193700556

attachment.php?attachmentid=3665&stc=1&d=1193700556

certainly very nice trades ¡¡...

now a question Unicorn : your external cyan and black lines you got there, can you tell me exactly what are they and what inputs do the have ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3666&stc=1&d=1193700736

thanks Unicorn for this great interaction.. I think you brought me back on track to the riches of vmar`s... I had been doing so much paralel research lately that kinda lost the vision of such great stuff we already got here...

keep them coming... I am full time on this Unicorn, if I didnt respond quick is because I may be taking some happyhour distention.... cheers Walter.

now a question Unicorn : your external cyan and black lines you got there, can you tell me exactly what are they and what inputs do the have ?

cyan Line is: vmar_1(ema_periods=3, adx_periods=3)

black line is: ema( vmar_1(3,3), ema_periods=3)

Please note that I am using the full Vidya implementation as initially described by Tushar Chande in his book; where the Adaptive ma (AMA) coefficient = (ema coefficient) multiplied by the (stochastic adx).

i.e.

function Vidya_adx(adx_bars, ema_periods )

{

g = ADX(adx_bars);

adx_min = LLV(g, adx_bars ) ;

adx_max = HHV(g, adx_bars ) ;

diff = adx_max - adx_min;

stoch_adx = IIf( diff != 0, (g - adx_min) / diff, 0 ) ;

f= 2/( ema_periods+1);

coefficient = f * stoch_adx;

zVidya=AMA(C, coefficient);

xvidya = MA(zvidya,2);

return xVidya;

}

Hello Walter;

In another thread you mentioned that you believe 22 tick charts are the best or the most appropriate. That was for the Russel.

I have a couple of questions.

Q1: Would you please comment on the 22 tick chart being the most appropriate for viewing price action.

Q2: Your thoughts about the 110 tick - 22 tick chart on forex (futures).

The first chart has basically the same structure as the time based.

The second chart has cleaner price action; the magenta line rejection on the 5 min chart has been transformed to good momentum (WIDE RAINBOW) on 110 tick chart and a magenta line rejection on the 22 tick chart.

Please mark your entry and exit on the charts.

best regards.

Unicorn.

As I am on mt4 , I dont have tick charts... sure tick charts are clean... but I would not use 22T on this case as I see it too noisy for this aproach...

I like what the 110T chart gave you with ccit3 timings :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3668&stc=1&d=1193704117

attachment.php?attachmentid=3669&stc=1&d=1193704117

unfortunately we still dont have a programer to do Pyenners Formulas on Ninjatrader platform, as it has tick charts and its also a free platform... hope we get there sometime... cheers Walter.

cyan Line is: vmar_1(ema_periods=3, adx_periods=3)

black line is: ema( vmar_1(3,3), ema_periods=3)

Please note that I am using the full Vidya implementation as initially described by Tushar Chande in his book; where the Adaptive ma (AMA) coefficient = (ema coefficient) multiplied by the (stochastic adx).

i.e.

function Vidya_adx(adx_bars, ema_periods )

{

g = ADX(adx_bars);

adx_min = LLV(g, adx_bars ) ;

adx_max = HHV(g, adx_bars ) ;

diff = adx_max - adx_min;

stoch_adx = IIf( diff != 0, (g - adx_min) / diff, 0 ) ;

f= 2/( ema_periods+1);

coefficient = f * stoch_adx;

zVidya=AMA(C, coefficient);

xvidya = MA(zvidya,2);

return xVidya;

}

thanks for this info Unicorn.

I also like to see how nice you are blending the "vmar icons" setups with the timing method of "vma trend scalps" ... this two ccit3`s work very nice, they do an excellent timing job...

Walter,

I think you will like these as well.

Your comments and annotations will be appreciated.

Cheers. Unicorn.

Walter, I really love your video's and your humor, thanks for sharing so much of your work.

I ported the FantailVMA to NinjaTrader, it can be found here.

Porting was pretty easy and results look good, although I wouldn't know if it's 100% accurate.

Walter, I really love your video's and your humor, thanks for sharing so much of your work.

I ported the FantailVMA to NinjaTrader, it can be found here.

Porting was pretty easy and results look good, although I wouldn't know if it's 100% accurate.

Thats great Sparrow, I will take a look at it... do you know if ccit3 could be programed also ? ... that would be so nice ¡¡

Thanks for encouragment Sparrow ¡¡ cheers Walter.

It looks like a couple of hours work, the indicators themselves aren't very difficult to code. Unfortunately I am busy at the moment but I am sure I can post something in the next few days.

Cheers

I would not use 22T on this case as I see it too noisy for this approach...

Noisy? Why?

Walter please elaborate. I have not used tick charts that much; I would like your point of view.

currency Futures in the interval 02:00 EST - 07:00 EST do not have much volume; tick bars are forming slowly; that's why I picked 22T.

Do you get better information from the 55T?

It looks like a couple of hours work, the indicators themselves aren't very difficult to code. Unfortunately I am busy at the moment but I am sure I can post something in the next few days.

Cheers

There is no hurry Sparrow ¡¡ it will be cool to see how we can also have this great indicators on NT.. I am very greatfull for your collaboration on this ¡¡

thanks a lot ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Noisy? Why?

Walter please elaborate. I have not used tick charts that much; I would like your point of view.

currency Futures in the interval 02:00 EST - 07:00 EST do not have much volume; tick bars are forming slowly; that's why I picked 22T.

Do you get better information from the 55T?

I call noise when the time frame plots excesive amount of subcycles that actually its to far below the size of the cycle you are interested to trade...

in consecuence you may have some undesired whipsaws...

That 55t looks much cleaner than the 22T but still I liked your 110t as it was even more cleaner... now dont get me wrong, IF you plan to trade smaller cyles, then you can even go to a 9T chart as well, really depends on your strategy... for example on futures I do like very fast scalps... now on forex cash its not a very good deal thought...

hope this clarifies a little bit... cheers Walter.

There is no hurry Sparrow ¡¡ it will be cool to see how we can also have this great indicators on NT.. I am very greatfull for your collaboration on this ¡¡

thanks a lot ¡¡ cheers Walter.

My pleasure walter, it is only a small contribution compared to what you are doing here.

Since NT is my current platform it is not hard for me to be well motivated :D. My impression so far is that NT currently hasn't got a huge following, indicators are hard to come by, MT4 is the platform for FX.

I simply don't like being dependent on a broker for data and only being able to trade a few markets, which is the case with MT4. Also EFX has their own platform and I also like NT's looks and features.

Sorry for the detour from your thread, bit off topic:crap:.

I'll keep you updated on the indicators, will try to update the Fantails and add the StepMA and Snipers's CCI in the near future.

Cheers

Hello Walter;

cable 30-10-2007.

snapshot 1 is the trade.

snapshot 2 are the two scalps. The second scalp takes place on falling momentum (as estimated by the cci). It is a tougher call (at least to me).

The entry to the second scalp is not so clear to me. I would appreciate your remarks Walter.

Would you also comment on the trades of post #67?

Thank you.

cheers.

Unicorn.