Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dogpile

ES Trading for 9/24 + Rest Of Week

That profile chart you posted is very tough to interpret. I am lost looking at that. This is one reason why I like to keep it simple and just look at the current condition - for better or worse, at least it is less confusing.

That chart is pretty much every MP piece of information you could want. I know we talked before about our frustrations with Mind Over Markets. I think that was about a month ago, I started reading a few pages a day since then and then one day things clicked and I managed to read about 30 pages straight and actually understand it. Its like your brain is trying to download an entire different mindset so I think it just takes some time to set in. You might want to try doing that, just read one idea at a time and think about. I see now the problem with that book is it is SO information dense its almost absurd.

I just want to tell you guys how much I enjoyed/learned from this thread, hopefully this becomes a running theme.

I still have never traded a futures contract with real money. The first time I read the New Market Wizards and the interview with Al Weis, with him saying he spent 4 years studying commodity charts before trading, I found my hero. I actually haven't made a real money trade since april when i tried to short amazon. I got crushed, went back to the drawing board and thats when I found this site searching for market profile and tradestation on google.

Things clicked with Dalton last weekend, then seeing this thread I reinstalled the think or swim paper trader on monday and went 7 for 9 on my paper trades for the week, up $2150 on the 100k paper account. This week was the first time I felt like I actually could hear what the market was saying, incredible feeling after 2 years of being obsessed with this stuff night and day.I also found my style this week, VWAP/market stats, MP and TICK. Nothing else exists to me anymore.

I would like to start contributing to these threads, but if I say something you totally think is wrong, please don't hesitate to blast my ideas. I've been pretty hungry to learn the markets for 2 years but now im starved.

nate

Here is my high level structure for the day -- Friday.

Given Thursdays low-volume, narrow range day -- the bias coming into Friday was tricky. Note we made an 'excess low' on 9/25 and then 2 up days. So usually, you would look for a 'sell short day'. But Thursdays action was NR7 and at the close, looked like maybe we were coming into Friday for an expansion move up. A gap up would look like a potential exhaustion gap after nearly 3 days of 'up'... Instead, the market gapped down back into Fridays range. I then attempted another break up in the morning but this was a final bull trap and the market traded hard back down. I had orders to short but couldn't get filled as the bottom fell out.

Ultimately, we formed a 'ABC up' pattern on a bearish day (VWAP<VWAP[1]) -- which is a short-pattern. Finally, we got a break lower and a bear flag formed. This time, it carried down to 33.00 -- about ~9 pts below the 1542.00 area of balance.

The volume distribution was fat for a down day -- indicating there were buyers out there. It was last day of the quarter so that was part of it most likely.

5aa70e0ae9fd4_Sep28TaylorChartandBalancingLevels.thumb.png.8e3609202c031b3bccd8b706e0675554.png

5aa70e0af076a_Sep28FinalLook.thumb.png.a41e12de1244d175bf266a9c02072139.png