Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

I like dogs but...

So at the old age of 19 (20 next month) I'm still living at home. For some reason I thought buying myself a Mercedes-Benz was cooler than my own apartment.

Well a few months ago my mom came home with a dog, totally random. No big deal, I like dogs and my old dog died back in January (She was 17, I had her since I was 5). Moving forward to 4 weeks ago, ANOTHER dog shows up and again my mom just runs out and buys the dog without consulting anyone. After being slightly irritated I got over it and now I like the dog.

Today comes around, and I got home rather early since I decided not to go to the CU vs FSU game in Boulder. I played a hard game of Basketball at the CU recreation center then drove home and immediately flopped on the couch, turned on the 65" tv and waited patiently for the Nebraska vs USC game. Right about the end of the 1st quarter I heard the garage door open, but it took a while for everyone to come inside - I really didn't think anything of it.

I heard the door open and turned around to say hi, only to see this white dog come into the house. I was a little shocked, and thought maybe they found him on the street and took him home while they found the owner. I was wrong, she went out again and bought a 3rd dog. Now there are 4 animals in my house, and it's getting slightly annoying.

I like dogs, but I don't want three of them. She might as well go out and start up a kennel if she's so obsessed with puppies. I like the dog a lot though, he's smart and doesn't take shit from the jackass dog we have. He reminds me a lot of my first dog, not very into playing around but will always hold his own.

So at the old age of 19 (20 next month) I'm still living at home. For some reason I thought buying myself a Mercedes-Benz was cooler than my own apartment.

Well a few months ago my mom came home with a dog, totally random. No big deal, I like dogs and my old dog died back in January (She was 17, I had her since I was 5). Moving forward to 4 weeks ago, ANOTHER dog shows up and again my mom just runs out and buys the dog without consulting anyone. After being slightly irritated I got over it and now I like the dog.

Today comes around, and I got home rather early since I decided not to go to the CU vs FSU game in Boulder. I played a hard game of Basketball at the CU recreation center then drove home and immediately flopped on the couch, turned on the 65" tv and waited patiently for the Nebraska vs USC game. Right about the end of the 1st quarter I heard the garage door open, but it took a while for everyone to come inside - I really didn't think anything of it.

I heard the door open and turned around to say hi, only to see this white dog come into the house. I was a little shocked, and thought maybe they found him on the street and took him home while they found the owner. I was wrong, she went out again and bought a 3rd dog. Now there are 4 animals in my house, and it's getting slightly annoying.

I like dogs, but I don't want three of them. She might as well go out and start up a kennel if she's so obsessed with puppies. I like the dog a lot though, he's smart and doesn't take shit from the jackass dog we have. He reminds me a lot of my first dog, not very into playing around but will always hold his own.

Congradulations James. Perhpas you can provide some photos of your dogs.

Great post James... now you have to watch they dont scratch the mercedez ¡¡ I have three cats in here... they give us work ... but they give back love ¡¡ cheers Walter.

yeah pets are so nice... its incredible their comunication... my cats talk to me... incredible, always wanted to have a monkey.. but its dificult, to many regulations... cheers Walter.

I want to get a Dobermann soon. I love Dobes great dogs. Was going to get Rottweiler but it'll eat way too much.

Did you ask your mum why she got so many dogs. Does she want them for the company or does she just want to save em from the shelter?

I want to get a Dobermann soon. I love Dobes great dogs. Was going to get Rottweiler but it'll eat way too much.

Did you ask your mum why she got so many dogs. Does she want them for the company or does she just want to save em from the shelter?

and Rottweiler`s can eat YOU too ¡¡... jejeje...

LoL nah mate I'll show him who's boss early on. I love these big dog breeds. I can't stand seeing guys with a little dog like a Chihuahua on a lead it drives me insane. American Staffies are also nice.

I've got a German Shepherd and a Old English Bulldog....great dogs. Dogs really are a man's best friend. I know it sounds silly. But there's something about having dogs. Like Walter said about his cats...they can be a pain...but it's definitely worth it.

LoL nah mate I'll show him who's boss early on. I love these big dog breeds. I can't stand seeing guys with a little dog like a Chihuahua on a lead it drives me insane. American Staffies are also nice.

LOL I hear you there man.

I have a rott/lab mix and a greyhound/lab mix. My rott mix is the coolest dog I've ever met.

44246eea1e253a94.jpg

Ahhhh. That's so cute. Mix of 2 of very cute dogs, Lab and Rottweiler. I have a Rottweiler. He's about 6 years old. He's very cute and smart. It's great fun.

Hey Reaver. Your GSD is awesome! So cute.

I love the British Bulldog as well. They are so cute in a really ugly sort of way. Their mannerisms are also pretty cool.

I've always been partial towards Dobermann's because my uncle back in Europe has 6 of them. Rotties are awesome dogs as well. I think I must have something soft for guard and attack type dogs haha!

Whats everyone's views on cropping dogs ears and docking tails? In Australia it's illegal to crop a dogs ears, and in most states it's illegal to dock tails. I personally reckon Dobermann's should have their tails docked and the cropped ears do look pretty cool but I wouldn't want to do it for cosmetic reasons alone cause it would probabbly hurt the pup heaps.

Hey Nick thanks man. GSD..nice and proper...first one I have heard call it by the formal (and proper) name German Shepherd Dog.

My bulldog had her tail docked and I think she doesn't know the difference...I figure as long as it doesn't affect the dogs survival skills or comfort/function..then do whatever you want...people get nose jobs and stuff...dogs can get ear jobs I guess. lol

It makes guard dogs look more intimidating....think of it like making your personal bodyguard lift weights and get jacked so he can look tougher...same concept. Appearance means a lot with dogs when it comes to home protection.

Hello. Here are some pics of my best bud. I just couldn't resist. His hobbies are cuddling and walking. Every morning when my alarm sounds he comes to me a starts to cuddle.

I trained him to walk without a leash, which we're both happy about. The commands he knows are to slow down, stay, go certain direction, and often he understands what I mean even if he doesn't know the words. He's actually very good at walking without a leash, even in busy streets in the center of town, which is where I originally taught him how to walk when I was living close to a university.

There is a pic there of his dog house which I built for him. It is insulated all around, top and bottom with pink panther insulation. It needs some shingles. But unfortunately some wasps have made their home their. I knocked their home down several times but they rebuilt it and now it is a huge wasp house. So he stays away from there, which for him is good because he gets to spend more time in the house.

r1.JPG.e79f10715433fda49ecdfa71a498f5cd.JPG

r2.JPG.b4f8890d9e78cdfdc1c842d446f1c37b.JPG

r3.JPG.c55d0ebdc3729984c5c07658b3718eef.JPG

Cute pup, Abe. Baxter is an ultra cuddle dog, too. He follows me around just as your rot does. My lab/greyhound on the other hand.....she's a handful. She'll run anywhere there is space.