Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Playing with the VMAR`s open research

Concerning the gaps, if you could post a gap on your chart, I could put something online during the same period using esignal. That way we'd know if it is the data provider's fault or some problem with NT.

Cheers

Hello Sparrow;

I would like to see the e-signal charts that correspond to those of IQFeed that I have uploaded.

I would appreciate your effort to post them.

Btw: nice eye candy unicorn, I like that visualization

Thanks Sparrow.

regards

Unicorn.

The funny thing is that the data gaps happen on the minute charts.. but not strictly on the tick charts on NT... so one alternative could be using mt4 minute chart for "setuping" and tick charts on NT for "timing" :doh: ... will see...

Yes I will open thread for this new way of looking the futures market...

Nice charts Unicorn... cheers Walter.

I bet I am not the only one interested for index futures scalping;

Please do open a new thread on this topic.

Your hull(9) and sma(hull,9),4) is excellent.:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I wonder what else is brewing...

cheers.

Unicorn

I would like to see this for index futures scalping too (only because I'm already set up for that...haven't worked with forex). But I'm ready to try either one. Its been great watching this research unfold....thx to all...Armand

Hello Sparrow;

I would like to see the e-signal charts that correspond to those of IQFeed that I have uploaded.

I would appreciate your effort to post them.

Thanks Sparrow.

regards

Unicorn.

Hi Unicorn,

I made a screenshot of how the "normal" FX looks like on eSignal.

Since eSignal compounds all the brokerages it got into one signal, and there are quite a few, the chart is unusable. God bless the futures.

IQFeed hasn't got that many FX feeds.

The other screenshots are of EFX, hope I got your settings right.

Cheers

5aa70e1a4990e_EURUSD06_11_2007(11Tick).thumb.jpg.c48c7bc1885e37a620b6f04eca1dec06.jpg

5aa70e1a4fbb2_EURUSDEFX06_11_2007(11Tick).thumb.jpg.8f0d809bae716ddab3b4af6b2801c380.jpg

5aa70e1a5630f_EURUSDEFX06_11_2007(55Tick).thumb.jpg.1ca3ddf0182a40c77f688f9130bef24b.jpg

I made a screenshot of how the "normal" FX looks like on eSignal. God bless the futures.

can you please plot the e-signal futures eurusd and gpbusd ??

will you squeeze them so that a full day is presented in order to figure out if they provide fewer or more ticks than IQFeed.

The other screenshots are of EFX, hope I got your settings right.

These are really nice. Thank you.

regards.

Unicorn.

For pure scalping on Eur/Jpy... you can perfectly scalp only using a 11T chart...

Looking good :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I see that you have an sma(t3cii ( ), 4), and have not used the faster cci.

Walter, what is bop ?

Why are you only looking at eurjpy?

cheers.

Unicorn.

Looking good :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I see that you have an sma(t3cii ( ), 4), and have not used the faster cci.

Walter, what is bop ?

Why are you only looking at eurjpy?

cheers.

Unicorn.

yes just cci with its signal... also Unicorn try hull 4/4 instead of 9/4 more tighter nice signals...

bop = Balance of power ...

For the sake of not going nuts as I am processing various simultaneos things here I choose one instrument on each type of market... so far I normally trade (live) YM on futures and now I am researching Eur/Jpy on forex...

cheers Walter.

basicly the plays I do are the first icon after a band cross

band cross on the 11 tick chart, or are you using a higher tick chart say 55 tick?

and then I enjoy myself playing the false breaks over and over again...

false breaks of __________ ??

can you annotate a false break on this chart? is it like your flip trade?

the two lines hull and signal work very nice for timing... its more clear than my regular charts...

is your regular chart the keltner channel (periods=100, factor=2.5) and keltner channel (periods=100, factor=5) ?

regards.

Unicorn.

band cross on the 11 tick chart, or are you using a higher tick chart say 55 tick?

false breaks of __________ ??

can you annotate a false break on this chart? is it like your flip trade?

is your regular chart the keltner channel (periods=100, factor=2.5) and keltner channel (periods=100, factor=5) ?

regards.

Unicorn.

I only looked 11t with this today and will explain on new thread what I mean on all this formations, but basicly I may become boring as the only thing I finally do is play centrifugal and centripetal setups...

Yes my normal charts are the same boring ones from all my previous threads on futures... normally on my live trading I do not innovate just about nothing... very conservative when I stick to a chart for live trading...

I do flips and M`s on its three presentations (lazy, equal, false)... thats my daily bread...

I will post charts on new thread Unicorn, I know you will enjoy it... cheers Walter.

There may be a problem with forex data feed from AsiaPacific market, my mm (CMC Australia) has problem with throttling on AUD and JPY pairs.

Swiss area feed is normal, CMC's prices are running 2 to 5 pips behind swiss prices and very sluggish. CMC has also had server drop outs for a few days which has never happened in the previous year. The problem might be bigger than just NT maybe?

There may be a problem with forex data feed from AsiaPacific market, my mm (CMC Australia) has problem with throttling on AUD and JPY pairs.

Swiss area feed is normal, CMC's prices are running 2 to 5 pips behind swiss prices and very sluggish. CMC has also had server drop outs for a few days which has never happened in the previous year. The problem might be bigger than just NT maybe?

hope thats the case... now on mt4 data is perfect... mmmm...

I finally ended doing the necesary testings to confirm a solution into the plotting issues of the indicators fantailvma1 and adxvma6test3 on NT...

Basicly if the indis are set true for the calculate on bar close, there is no plotting issues... so that solution clears up how we can use this great indis without plotting issues on NT... only the last bar its not calculated, but if using a small time frame, this should not be a great issue... cheers Walter.

Hey Walter, cool that you found out what the problem was, I must have messed that one up when I coded it. I'll look into it what I can do about this.

The last bar will print if you set per indicator Calculate on Close to false.

Cheers

The last bar will print if you set per indicator Calculate on Close to false.

Correct Sparrow, but that real time live bar plotting unfortunately will not be reliable... diferent to the historical one...

for testing purposes load the same indi twice, put one true and the other false, let it work some time and you will see how they difer... cheers Walter.

I changed the indicator a bit, probably will prevent the repaint issues from happening.

Cheers

Sparrow : I did not have any issues with cci thought... repainting issues happened with fantailvma and adxvma6test3... thanks for help Sparrow, cheers Walter.

I see Walter, dunno why I could misunderstand what you wrote by so much,

must be the lack of sleep.:doh::confused:

Weeell, I can't find a reason why the indicators would be miscalculated atm, I hope I can do something about it.

Cheers

I see Walter, dunno why I could misunderstand what you wrote by so much,

must be the lack of sleep.:doh::confused:

Weeell, I can't find a reason why the indicators would be miscalculated atm, I hope I can do something about it.

Cheers

At this point I think its not a big issue really... you take some rest Sparrow.. cheers Walter.

CCI_T3_2.mq4.

So, this version has arrays, but with e6 deleted in order to have histo bars.

If other people see other options then now might be a time to sort it out.

Whatever

Cheers all.

Hello,Bruce

Is it possible to add IMaOnArray to the CCI_T3_2???

I do not no where you find the information for program MT4,

But tis link give u a couple skillful tricks

http://www.metatrader.info/node/34

http://www.metatrader.info/node/83

http://www.metatrader.info/node/27

I am also new to mql programing and did never before so its difficult for me

Greeds

NiCForce

Is it possible to add IMaOnArray to the CCI_T3_2???

Yes it can be used but it is a nuisance to use iMAOnArray because each time you use it you have to put it in its own separate repaint loop and I also don't trust repaint loops. It is a major defect in MQL.

I do not no where you find the information for program MT4,But this link give u a couple skillful tricks

Thanks for the links NiCForce. Lack of information in English is a big problem and wastes a lot of time.. It takes a lot of time to find out how to keep an indicator from crashing or misbehaving.

These are my main links for information-

http://articles.mql4.com/

http://codebase.mql4.com/

http://forum.mql4.com/

Use the search function on that site to find things like iMAonArray which has "known issues" (but the manual does not say so)...

You often have to find other programs that have already done what you want to do and try to copy what they have done because no-one tells you how to do it.

I am also new to mql programing and did never before so its difficult for me

Greeds NiCForce

MQL is more difficult than most, more complications than most and not enough documentation on even simple things. You will need to be very patient with MQL programming and good luck.

Cheers Bruce

So far this week, NT forex data on 5 min its working ok...
So far this week my mm is better but not good. Swiss data is bad, worse than my market maker and their throttling takes the prices in opposite directions, so my trading price goes up while my charts on Swiss feed go down argh burn. Maybe need to find another signal source on NT?