Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Playing with the VMAR`s open research

There you go Unicorn... cheers Walter.

Muchas Gracias; Walter.

Now I can follow your new method with

fantailvma1(5,5,2,5) and Hull( fantailvma1(5,5,2,5) , 25);

Are you going to start the new thread today?

cheers

Unicorn.

Muchas Gracias; Walter.

Now I can follow your new method with

fantailvma1(5,5,2,5) and Hull( fantailvma1(5,5,2,5) , 25);

Are you going to start the new thread today?

cheers

Unicorn.

good Unicorn... you will see I am using a much more complex input right now... will see if I can start today... got a barbeque today jejeje :cool:

take care buddy ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Hello Sparrow.... I think I got something simple to ask you once again...

Could it be posible to create a new version of fxsccit3 where the ma signal line could have the "type ma" options for : simple, exponential, linear weighted and Hull.. ? that could give us an even beter signal line.... for the scalpers timing alternatives.... I would really aprecciate this Sparrow... cheers Walter.

Here you are Walter, I worked on this the yesterday so it's easy as 1-2-3.

It will degrade performance somewhat, how much I am about to find out.

Cheers have a great bbq.

That was fast Sparrow ¡¡ yeha I will enjoy myself a little bit... tell you later how this oscillator goes... cheers Walter.

Ok... right now I am doing live test of indis on NT... so far I found plotting issues with adxvma6test3 as it has repainting issues... I dont know if this could be solved...

Another great issue I am encountering on NT is some big data gaps on forex data eur/jpy ... did someone notice the same ?

I keep testing this... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter,

The gaps could also be cause by your data provider GAIN, as for the repainting,

if you cold specify your problem, I can have a look at it. Certain charts are really spotty, the ones for YG or ZG for example. Can't complain about the forex charts with esignal.

I've also sent you a request on skype to add me to your contacts, probably can work out things faster.

Cheers

Ok... right now I am doing live test of indis on NT... so far I found plotting issues with adxvma6test3 as it has repainting issues... I dont know if this could be solved...

Walter;

try signal_evma(5,5,5) or signal_evma(6,6,6) in place of adxvma6test3

and of course hull( signal_vma(5,5,5) , 25).

just a quick fix.

I am looking forward to your posts regarding the new method... so, give the quick fix a try.

cheers.

Unicorn.

NB signal_vma(5,5,5) signal_vma(6,6,6) are the FantailVMA1(5,5,2,5), FantailVMA1(6,6,2,6)

I am making a little crisis here... lets se if we can go one step a time...

First I had such a weekend, I still dont recover from it jejejejej :o

Second my principal indi its repainting :doh:

Third forex data on NT its gapped :confused:

Fourth, I trade futures simultaneously here... so quite multitasked monday..

Sparrow : repainting is when the indiacator on real time creates certain plot, then if you reload the template, something diferent gets plotted... so any historical data its not reliable...

Unicorn : Its really not the same indi actually... I am coming and going with lots of variations here ( maybe 15 ) but let me tell you that so far your charts are in my favourite list... are you still testing exits with twiggs and cyan/ red filter ?

About data on NT, I use gain data... will ask NT people if they are aware of this issues...

So we keep working here... cheers Walter.

forex data on NT its gapped

I trade futures simultaneously here... so quite multitasked monday..

About data on NT, I use gain data... will ask NT people if they are aware of this issues...

Walter;

can you try on currency futures??

If not, why don't you post a Russel chart with the new indicators?

Hey, lets mambo, even with the Russel.

Unicorn.

Repainting issues. Possible reasons:

1: Not enough historical data at start to normalize the indicators on. As new real time data comes in it gets added to the collection of data. Now if you go and refresh your chart, the indicators have more data to work with. Possible solution - right click on chart and the click on Format Data Series. Locate the range Settings section. Adjust of of the settings (Days back, Bars back) so that you have enough historical data.

2. Calculate on bar close setting. Normally this is set to True which means means indicator(s) are only calculated when a bar is closed. When set to False, indicators are calculated on arrival of each tick. The way some indicators are designed/coded, they will only work properly when the parameter 'Calculate on bar close' is set to True and incorrectly when set to false. When you refresh a chart, the indicators are recalculated using bar data. There is no tick data because the real time tick data has been converted and stored as bar data. Hope that made sense.

Walter;

can you try on currency futures??

If not, why don't you post a Russel chart with the new indicators?

Hey, lets mambo, even with the Russel.

Unicorn.

jejeje.... you got me Unicorn ¡¡ i am also fulling with YM... but got this repainting thing ... I can show you a classic rainbow chart... cheers Walter.

Hey Walter,

that is cool;

Now that you have our attention; please rock and roll...

Unicorn.

That one is a very simple one... a vma band 2 to 100 with an adxvma 40 and a hull 9 and signal 4 sma of hull on a 22tick chart of ym.... basicly the plays I do are the first icon after a band cross and then I enjoy myself playing the false breaks over and over again... the two lines hull and signal work very nice for timing... its more clear than my regular charts... cheers Walter.

Flash ¡¡ for my friend Unicorn... don't go wild at me ¡¡ jejeje

take it easy.... cheers Walter.

Walter, is that @YMZ7 the december 07 contract??

what is the time EST+2?

Very funny, my data feed is substantially different.

5aa70e1a0e954_YMZ733ticks.thumb.png.c843c6b6c1ed720c27aa1d3ffd0b9475.png

Walter, is that @YMZ7 the december 07 contract??

what is the time EST+2?

Very funny, my data feed is substantially different.

correct ymz7 I am EST+2 and 22 tick chart... now some datafeeds can have very diferent tick definition... cheers Walter.

Today has been a very intensive day testing NT performance on real time , also testing how indis on NT work on real time... so far the worst part has been finding that the data gaps I have on forex data for NT with Gain data its not so good... this is a little blow down for me on this platform migration process I had in mind... so not too loose inertia on following vma`s I still did use Mt4 following some very nice vmar icons today that I will post on the correct thread...

Now, I did test today NT with futures data and finded very nice aplications to the new indis for my regular futures scalping... if some people here interested I may open a thread about futures scalping with this indis...

I want to say thanks to Sparrow for his great contribution on this NT indicators... I am not shure I will use at the end this platform for forex... so far testing... But it opens a nice variation for futures...

Thanks all for your patience... cheers Walter.

You're welcome Walter, I would have ported the indicators you and Bruce designed together anyway.( sorry for not naming everyone included in the research )

I enjoy working with people who know what they're doing and are fun and interesting to interact with.

Concerning the gaps, if you could post a gap on your chart, I could put something online during the same period using esignal. That way we'd know if it is the data provider's fault or some problem with NT.

Btw: nice eye candy unicorn, I like that visualization

Cheers

so far the worst part has been finding that the data gaps I have on forex data for NT with Gain data its not so good... this is a little blow down for me on this platform migration process I had in mind...

Walter,

Ninja Trader can work with IQFeed data;

ok; I know they are not free;

but your currency futures will look good on tick charts.

I have attached forex euro, cable and futures euro, cable from IQFeed, so that you have a feeling of what you can expect. In futures you get 5 to 8 times more ticks, at least for these two pairs that I follow.

I did test today NT with futures data and finded very nice aplications to the new indis for my regular futures scalping... if some people here interested I may open a thread about futures scalping with this indis...

I bet I am not the only one interested for index futures scalping;

Please do open a new thread on this topic.

Your hull(9) and sma(hull,9),4) is excellent.:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I wonder what else is brewing...

cheers.

Unicorn

5aa70e1a19866_forexeurusdIQFeed.thumb.png.1c90523d66b3c7c6041604a8bfec9ae1.png

5aa70e1a24f0e_forexgbpusdIQFeed.thumb.png.627217cd1183140d89fd7d56aaf7f13d.png

5aa70e1a302c9_eurusdIQFeed.thumb.png.81ea79b04ba8262cf74dc8ec78efdb40.png

5aa70e1a3b6de_gbpusdIQFeed.thumb.png.7a2ffe09a374e5d49038e18ef11d4edd.png