Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Playing with the VMAR`s open research

So far the fancy stuff in vma6 doesn't seem to do much good.

depending on the combinations Bruce... they have some sutil efects...

for example weight DX creates an interesting displacement ideal for creating signal lines...

this is a professional indicator man... it takes a great keen discernment to see what aplications each input variation could suggest...

total inspiration ¡¡

That orange ema idea could also be done with the 5min line, or with the 20bar imitation of the 5min line in 1min charts.

>>it takes a great keen discernment

yes will take time and experience...

That orange ema idea could also be done with the 5min line, or with the 20bar imitation of the 5min line in 1min charts.

>>it takes a great keen discernment

yes will take time and experience...

you created a Ferrari man...

The lines are simple, the concept underneath it is not simple..sheesh.

>>maybe scalp your way to 8 bucks daily

When the market is friendly it can be more like 300/day from just 1/2 lot trades...

The lines are simple, the concept underneath it is not simple..sheesh.

QUOTE]

Bruce : I will try on the next weeks to develop and share some simple scalping trades that will be easy to spot (setup and timing) so it can clean out any confussion as to how we can read this lines...

basicly I believe the great concept is rejection and refreshing from a central axis line (heavy one) wich creates a basic centrifugal and centripetal medium trends where we can play small cycles within this trends...

so you have "contexts" inside a big context... I promise you my friend I will try to make this concepts as simple as posible to read... thats my compromise here... try to give back to this great contributions of yours ¡¡ cheers Walter.

>>maybe scalp your way to 8 bucks daily

When the market is friendly it can be more like 300/day from just 1/2 lot trades...

I would say: keep it low but every day and grow your way to 5k contracts... on a semester, that will make 200k / week... :) enough to finance the banana republic costs... jejejej...

"less is more" mies van de Rhoe

Hi PYenner,

I've been messing with your toys again...

You're probably thinking, "no good can come of this," but I'll trust to your good humour and post another chart. :)

At the very least it's a pretty picture...

Regards

eur1.thumb.gif.829be0fc79d3e1df9b1345c72012ec49.gif

>>concept is rejection and refreshing from a central axis line

I was hoping for this, sounds exciting.

I couldn't send you the template when you asked because I was using a version that has not been distributed. It has an option for VI squared plus VI sq root and its getting complicated to describe how this fancy stuff might be used.

All this stuff with VI is likely to be useful (maybe) only with the faster lines, 2bar maybe up to 4 or 5 bar. It is experimenting with ways of fine tuning HE strength versus closeness. So if you have one indicator running with 3bars and no fancy stuff then add this new one with VI squared plus VI sq root thing turned on, you will get slightly different HE and closeness. But the intention was next to reduce ChandeEMA by 0.5 or maybe just 0.2 to try to find a better trade off between HE strength and closeness. ChandeEMA number seems to cause most lag so I am experimenting with ways to reduce this number but without losing HE strength.

So I will post the indicator, but maybe ignore it unless you want to try fine tuning the faster lines. Experimental.

ADXVMA6Test3.mq4

Sundowner

Please do mess anyway you like.

I have a blockage with the cloud thing, so anything that helps make sense of it for me is good news. I hear that some people rely on it so I know I am behind the play on it.

And yes, "is it just a pretty picture or is it telling me something useful?"

Yes, that question is a familiar one, more questions than answers, situation normal. Sadly I don't know enough to even speculate in this area.

Hi Walter

Yes I'm testing them out on futures and forex. On the forex side I'm following along with you on the AUDUSD via 5 and 1 min, but as for the futures, I'm testing them out on the DAX via tick charts ( still testing the exact time frame).

PYenner's produced quite a few different versions which I'm trying to keep up with, but there's just so many different combinations of inputs possible. It's so time comsuming as you know going throught the different combinations.

I also can't help but stick a cci on my chart as well to play around with.

Did you have any joy at the weekend with various inputs?

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Did you have any joy at the weekend with various inputs?

I am on a complete state of joy ¡¡¡ this vma`s are superb... I am on the process of designing a complete new revamped "vmar icon trade" with this new set of tools... when I get this more formed I will start a new thread on this new trades...

I also still use cci to measure quality of pullbacks and I am experimenting combining some hulls for price leads... cooooooool stuff here... never thought we would get this far... cheers The Chimp.

Sound very good Walter, I'm looking forward to it.

With regards to cci here's a quick example of what I'm experimenting with:

The HE effect comes into play on the cci and stop you taking entries on false breakouts. This chart is real time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3427&stc=1&d=1192465679

Still experimenting though.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

ccivma.thumb.png.68b86e53927794e996247b2959f3b07b.png

Thank you Blu_Ray.

I'm testing the indicators on stocks. Do you have any suggestions about settings? Regarding the CCI, there are several versions, could you please post your Tradestation version? Thank you.

Walterw,

The Chimp got the reward with kisses from a beautiful girl!!! This video made me laugh so loud that my wife want to see it.:D

Thank you Blu_Ray.

I'm testing the indicators on stocks. Do you have any suggestions about settings? Regarding the CCI, there are several versions, could you please post your Tradestation version? Thank you.

Walterw,

The Chimp got the reward with kisses from a beautiful girl!!! This video made me laugh so loud that my wife want to see it.:D

Cheers Michal

I've attached the ccivma here, as for settings, I think it's just a matter of playing around with them. As I was saying earlier, there's so much choice of different versions, it's difficult trying to find which one works best.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

CCIVMA1.ELD

Nice CCI there Blu... I know Bruce has plans to work on it some time on the future... my question, when you refer to real time, would the plots be the same on historical as on real time ? that HE just look gorgeous ¡¡ cheers The Chimp.

Walterw,

jejejejej.... he deserved it ¡¡¡ jejeje thats great man ¡¡ those girls never imagined that type of kissers uhuu :haha: :haha:

Nice CCI there Blu... I know Bruce has plans to work on it some time on the future... my question, when you refer to real time, would the plots be the same on historical as on real time ? that HE just look gorgeous ¡¡ cheers The Chimp.

Yes, its a lovely HE effect :cool:

Sorry, what I meant when i said real time was that, the HE effect is currently happening in the DAX right now.

Blu-Ray

Yes, its a lovely HE effect :cool:

Sorry, what I meant when i said real time was that, the HE effect is currently happening in the DAX right now.

Blu-Ray

ok, but if you reload the chart, will it look the same ? no repainting ?

Yes, it looks exactly the same.

Nice Blu ¡¡ could you post some charts at the end of the session ? would love to see how that cci performed (dont have TS right now)... would really apreciate that ... this could also give some ideas for Bruce to program on... (lol Bruce... you got some work ahead :doh: jejeje ) cheers Walter.

Nice Blu ¡¡ could you post some charts at the end of the session ? would love to see how that cci performed (dont have TS right now)... would really apreciate that ... this could also give some ideas for Bruce to program on... (lol Bruce... you got some work ahead :doh: jejeje ) cheers Walter.

Here's two for the session on the DAX and one for the 5 min of AUDUSD for todays session, I feel as if it's got potential, but it does have flaws. It's a cci of VMA1, maybe after some agreements of inputs on the other VMA's Bruce has produced, then I could do a cci of that version.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3432&stc=1&d=1192484747

attachment.php?attachmentid=3433&stc=1&d=1192484747

attachment.php?attachmentid=3434&stc=1&d=1192484747

Blu-Ray : I got curious... do you have programing skills for Ninjatrader indicators charting platform ?... cheers Walter.

To be honest Walter, I've never checked their language, I used the platform before for testing but never programmed. I'll take a look at the language, but if it's anything like MT4, then I would pass on it because I take my hat off to Bruce for doing such a great job on the MT4 system as it looks awful to program on.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

dax1.thumb.png.5326c864df1afebf410a824d82367f02.png

dax2.thumb.png.6aa525558003eb5027f6b42a82842c63.png

audusd5.thumb.png.4b906b5bd05243bb3c5072ee2a916c78.png