Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dr Who

Harvey Walsh

If you watch his vids it looks to me as if he is the best paper trader around :rofl: I also trade through IB as he does and I tell you that I never get fills as quick and with the 1000 lot he trades. It looks to me he puts orders in when the stock looks like its heading north in a hurry and still can get his 1000 share lot in one fill???? I called him on this on one of his vids and that is where he told me he uses IB and market order :rofl: I think the oly way this guy makes money is off the courses he sells what a SCAM!!!

Cheers

I purchased his course and it's pretty good. If you have enough capital to day trade stocks go for it. He just finds stocks with momentum and watches for early range breakouts and uses time and sales for entries. He also watches market internals and futures. I fell short on the capital requirement for stocks so I went elsewhere for trading opportunities. Even if his videos are simulated trading, he still applies the strategy from the course and it seems to work. I emailed him and he stressed the use of time and sales.

I also purchased his course, and it seems to me he is just into simple analysis of price/volume action, with some sound simple advice on daytrading in general.

And btw, I can get 1000 lot fills pretty easy, so thats not magic! Of course, its a lot of capital, but who's counting . . .

B

If you watch his vids it looks to me as if he is the best paper trader around :rofl: I also trade through IB as he does and I tell you that I never get fills as quick and with the 1000 lot he trades. It looks to me he puts orders in when the stock looks like its heading north in a hurry and still can get his 1000 share lot in one fill???? I called him on this on one of his vids and that is where he told me he uses IB and market order :rofl: I think the oly way this guy makes money is off the courses he sells what a SCAM!!!

Cheers

I agree. I (sucker for the day) hate to admit it but I bought the course, if you can call it that. I can honestly say I didn't learn one thing from his course. It was a total waste of time. I kept reading and reading and there is literally nothing useful there LOL I couldn't believe it. At least two of the ebooks are taken from another website and you can download them for free there. I don't know if Harvey borrowed these or he is the other person or what, but the fact is your paying for free information. I will be writing a full detailed review of his product soon with links to that website. Spend your money if you want, I'm sure the alias "Harvey Walsh" will put your cash to good use, but I'll bet you'll end up like me, feeling the fool for falling for his spill. I was real mad at first when I read his ebooks & realized I'd been taken, but I realize the only person I should be mad at is me. In my gut I didn't think his trades were real but he sold me, dadgumit. Hopefully I'll help some other gullible sap save his money and do my good deed for the day. I have the one copy I own that I could give away, but it isn't worth the time to email it to someone and you'd just be waisting your time reading it.

I purchased his course about 6 months ago. Being completely new to trading, I took my time studying the information. I started paper trading after about 2-3 months with decent success. I then switched to real money and had moderate success. This is mostly due to me trading on emotion and not being able to detach myself.

However, since Harvey released his updated course and new detailed videos, I have had more consistent success. As of today, I have traded 11 days since reviewing the new material. Of those 11, 8 of them are winning days. My biggest losing day was $0.10/share. I actually think I would have come out positively that day but I was paged by my work and had to deal with a customer issue (I'm on the west coast and trade in the morning before I go to work). By the time I was done dealing with the customer issue, it was about 8am PST and I had missed the setups I was watching (my first one was a losing one, obviously).

I have 100% faith in Harvery's system. Don't get me wrong, I don't want people to be over optimistic. This system is not as easy as Harvey makes it look, especially for someone like me who is still new to the market. Keep in mind that Harvey has been trading this system for many years and makes it look easy (just like professional athletes make their job look easy). Most people aren't going to be able to trade 1000 size lots of 4-5 different shares at the same time. I personally rarely trade more than 1 at a time, but I'm still learning, so I'm more comfortable this way.

I also want to point out that in those 11 days, I have made more than double the cost of his course. I am still playing pretty conservative (100 shares at a time).

I've also read some people being skeptical of the price....are you kidding? If you can afford $149, maybe trading isn't the right thing for you.

I also purchased the course, about 6 months ago. My expectations were set to what $149 can buy - and I was pleasantly surprised.

A few good handbooks on basics and his methodology, plus access to more of his trading videos.

But come on folks - its 150 bucks. Why so many sour grapes over such a small dollar amount? In a price to value evaluation, the money I spent on my "marketeer" Investools education far surpassed this, with far less bang for the buck.

Plus - if you are whining about this price point, then please stop pretending to be a "trader".

Finally - what I have found that personally really works in my trading education is not the hunt for the elusive system, but psychological material. Most traders, including myself, have winning systems or edges, but are challenged in overcoming their emotional issues.

Make no mistake - Emotional Mastery Is Key. Harveys course does not mention any of this, so I strongly suggest everyone goes out and buys "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas. After I started mastering myself emotionally, anyones approach to edge (including Harveys) looks like what the typical golf cup looks to Tiger - 3 feet in diameter.

B

I've also read some people being skeptical of the price....are you kidding? If you can afford $149, maybe trading isn't the right thing for you.

You sound just like the ad, I wonder why? Thats an old salesman hard sell trick telling the prospect he can't afford a product to trick him to buying out of pride, old trick. Here is the scoop. The no questions asked money back guarantee is not true. I don't care if it's $15, if you don't get what is advertised then you should get your money back. But you will not get your money back from the harvey site. The youtube site he has will not accept any negative reviews. I tried posting the review below, and it was rejected:

"Enjoy the (sim?) trading videos but avoid the course. Poor quality, nothing more than is on the videos. And the "no questions asked" money back guarantee, isn't accurate. Watch sgomez858 videos, his free info is way better than Harveys paid stuff."

Oh the new stuff on the site is nothing you haven't seen before, it's just a con to get your money. Send it to him if you want but I'll bet you'll be sorry like I was.

Watch sgomez858 on youtube, his videos show much much more for free than old harvey's do.

Good luck.

And here is another scoop.

If you don't have enough capital to trade, then you shouldn't try.

If you do try to trade with small capital, then its just a matter of time before you end up giving it to the Market.

I don't work for Harvey, and I would bet the other person posting here doesn't either. All I am saying is, Harvey offers some good ideas and good basic advice. 149 is what you should be making in 10 minutes of trading. So is it worth ten minutes? Sure. As much as any other system.

But if you really want to increase your odds of winning at trading then 1) Get some Capital, and 2) Read, study and understand the psychological aspects.

And here is another scoop.

If you don't have enough capital to trade, then you shouldn't try.

If you do try to trade with small capital, then its just a matter of time before you end up giving it to the Market.

I don't work for Harvey, and I would bet the other person posting here doesn't either. All I am saying is, Harvey offers some good ideas and good basic advice. 149 is what you should be making in 10 minutes of trading. So is it worth ten minutes? Sure. As much as any other system.

But if you really want to increase your odds of winning at trading then 1) Get some Capital, and 2) Read, study and understand the psychological aspects.

Geez Bannor, there you go with the if you don't have enough money bit. I'm daytrading futures now and my account has enough in it to daytrade stocks. And I was looking to learn more about daytrading stocks. I own a construction company and I am learning/practicing trading. Do I need to show you some bank statements? The $97 I paid is not a big deal, money wise anyway. This is about honesty, this is not about money.

I'm not happy because I feel I was conned, the ad said no questions asked money back guarantee and they didn't honor their guarantee. That is the issue not the $97 dollars. I was gullible when I really should of known better, another lesson learned. I know how a warranty/guarantee should be handled, I deal with that all the time in my business. You take care of the customer, period. You do what you say you'll do. If the customer isn't happy you fix it, at least that is how I handle business and have for 20 years.

Now hopefully I'll save someone else the aggravation and $140. I'm not selling anything, I have nothing to gain, but hopefully this will help someone make a better informed decision.

Again you get much more and in much more detail from sgomez858 free videos on youtube. I'm not sgomez858 nor do I know him, I've just watched his videos is all. Peace out and good luck in your trading Bannor.

Bigarrow, I agree with you that a money back gaurantee should be honored. I'm surpised he didn't honor it. I've emailed him several times and he always gets back to me. He seems like he takes care of his customers. Maybe he thinks you didn't give the course a fair shot, but I agree, the gaurantee should be honored.

My point was that his system CAN work. Regardless if he's using a sim for orders, the system works and you can make money.

for mswguitar what do you think about harveys course ???

im a new trader im doing paper trading with IB yes im agree with you i follow one stock

at the moment

Hi Rod,

I think Harvey's course is pretty good. However, I must retract my statements a bit. I think if you stick with his course long enough, you can probably be very successful at it. However, I found an E-mini strategy that I like even more. It's less work, far simpler, and very mechanical (takes a lot of the guess work out of it). Most days, you can be done before 10am. Plus you don't have to do any of pre-market work and the hope your stock picks for the day move.

Harvey Walsh is NOT real. It's a fictitious character created by Henry Eldridge-Doyle. Henry has a history of impersonating another character called James Steem. James is a numerologist, whatever the hell that means.

I found this blog that shows some vids and stuff. Interesting read to say the least!

Hello-

Will someone please tell me what the restrictions are on day trading.I thought there was a 25000$ minium required or a limit or 6 trades a day or sonething if the acct was less than that.

Tks

Harvey videos appeal to me.Is there a retriction on the number of day trades one can make in a day for Americans.Are you limited to a handful of trades?

Guest forsearch
Harvey Walsh is NOT real. It's a fictitious character created by Henry Eldridge-Doyle. Henry has a history of impersonating another character called James Steem. James is a numerologist, whatever the hell that means.

I found this blog that shows some vids and stuff. Interesting read to say the least!

signature-analysis.gif