Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Reaver

Any MP video learning resources?

Interesting comment there Reaver. I must say one of the hardest things I encountered in trading was unlearning what I had learned. All the textbook stuff I learned was having a negative impact on my trading. I had to come to a point and say... Forget all this crap! I AM going to study the market and come up with my own ideas. The auction theory definitely helped me alot with futures. But I do not follow MP by the book. As a matter of fact, the only MP I use is just the concept itself. Once I understand the concept, I just focus on price action with volume and nothing else. :)

James, I agree with you. It is definitely crazy how hard it is to get past the classic TA habits when you're trying to learn something else. All the "truisms" and "rules" and whatnot of TA I repeated over and over really got ingrained...and it starts messing with my head when I am trying to wrap my brain around AMT, etc.

I am doing pretty good on the 2 day to 2-3 weeks scale on trading with TA...but I feel like I am not being challenged. I know that may sound stupid to want to move from something that seems to work alright...but really I feel like I will go crazy if I don't figure it all out for myself, like I won 't appreciate it as much or something over the years. So I think I am pretty much at the stage you mentioned yourself being at a while back. That's one thing I really enjoy about the forums is the atmoshpere is very conducive to learning and sharing ideas. I know it always ALWAYS boils down to each person figuring out what works for them, and obtaining an understanding that only they can have, but it is great to have fellow traders here to throw in ideas and enlighten here and there. It really shortens the learning curve, and opens my mind to things I may not have thought about on my own.

For some unknown reason I was unable to open the video. Link would not connect. I will try again later. Thanks TinGull for the video hope to see it soon.

Are you using Quicktime?