Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Reaver

Any MP video learning resources?

This may sound silly or lazy, but I would definitely like a chance to view some videos on MP in action to see if I can get the information from a different perspective. I am reading MoM and have read some other info here and there, but was hoping to be able to see it in video as well...I usually need multiple perspectives of something to fully grasp it.

Just wondering if anyone had been down the road before me and had some suggestions.

Thanks.

either would be good, I figure if I watch it long enough I'll figure it out...but instructional info would be a bonus....

I am going to look into that Sierra playback you mentioned as well. Thanks man.

Nate : take a look at this seminar...http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f8/mastering-the-trade-by-john-f-352.html section 5 and 6 has some MP inputs by hugh senters.... cheers Walter.

Hubert doesn't really get into the actual auction theory. He bases his thoughts on the fact that price just respects the value area levels. There hasn't been any insight from Senters' videos that I've seen with regards to MP unfortunately.

I'll try and make up a video in a little bit. What sort of things would you want me to cover?

Hubert doesn't really get into the actual auction theory. He bases his thoughts on the fact that price just respects the value area levels. There hasn't been any insight from Senters' videos that I've seen with regards to MP unfortunately.

I'll try and make up a video in a little bit. What sort of things would you want me to cover?

That would be fantastic Tin ¡¡... can you do it on .swf so I can also see it ? cheers Walter.

That would be awesome!

Just the basics would be fine, as I am pretty much in the novice phase in MoM and figure it would be best to start there...but honestly, I like the way you think from what I've gathered over the time here on the forum, so really, as an experienced MP trader, whatever you think would be the best information to include would be awesome.

Sorry if I am being esoteric, but I trust your judgement. It would be great to get a visual on what I have been reading.

That really kicks ass Chris.

Also, remember Im by NO means a market profile expert. I've read the same stuff you're reading and just try and apply what i see. So please be easy on me if you find mistakes! :)

Walter, you should be good to go with the quicktime download.

As soon as I get home from work I am going to check out that video, Tin. Thanks again in advance.

Yeah just to reiterate, that really helped a lot. For some reason, my brain keeps locking up when I think of this whole Auction Market Theory- probably due to "bad habits" of standard technical analysis...but this video really helped put it into perspective a whole lot better than simply reading about it. By the way, you seem to have a talent for the teaching aspect, if I do say so myself.

By the way, you seem to have a talent for the teaching aspect, if I do say so myself.

Funny you should mention that :) I used to teach in the Nashville Metro School System a few years back. Though it was just K-4 Music and Art. Getting paid to play with clay and construction paper was the 2nd coolest job I've ever had...well, next to being in the studio and trading I guess it's 3rd.

Yeah just to reiterate, that really helped a lot. For some reason, my brain keeps locking up when I think of this whole Auction Market Theory- probably due to "bad habits" of standard technical analysis...but this video really helped put it into perspective a whole lot better than simply reading about it. By the way, you seem to have a talent for the teaching aspect, if I do say so myself.

Interesting comment there Reaver. I must say one of the hardest things I encountered in trading was unlearning what I had learned. All the textbook stuff I learned was having a negative impact on my trading. I had to come to a point and say... Forget all this crap! I AM going to study the market and come up with my own ideas. The auction theory definitely helped me alot with futures. But I do not follow MP by the book. As a matter of fact, the only MP I use is just the concept itself. Once I understand the concept, I just focus on price action with volume and nothing else. :)

Funny you should mention that :) I used to teach in the Nashville Metro School System a few years back. Though it was just K-4 Music and Art. Getting paid to play with clay and construction paper was the 2nd coolest job I've ever had...well, next to being in the studio and trading I guess it's 3rd.

Yeah I hear you there man. Helping/teaching kids really makes the world seem like a better place when you do it. I agree completely.

Also, funny you mention the Nashville thing. I am originally from Corinth, MS, which is only a couple hours away from there (very close to Jackson, TN). One of my best friends' brothers was on the city council for Springfield, TN (If I am not mistaken, its been a few years). Small world Chris.