Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The "Mini Icon" trade

I know what you guys are probably thinking...

He opened a thread yesterday about "second wave" and now he is opening another thread ?

well yes, this week I decided not to trade futures and use the entire week for forex research, and having 3 years worth of data has inspired me too get deep into some testings... lots of charts ¡¡¡ love it ¡¡¡

As I am developing this "second wave" trade I am looking and looking and getting my eyes filled with charts, I am drinking cofee, lots ¡¡ and eating chocolate, its cold here... I am entraining my neurons with patterns... as you all know I am not new on this bussiness... I have thousands of hours stearing screens, so when I get inspired I start to see so many things, that some I just ignore, but others they call my attention ¡¡

So I find a pattern again, nothing new here... nothing new... I am not discovering nothing, I am unveiling my eyes to this simple stupid pattern that tells me.... hey Walter ? do you want to make 6 pips per row baby ?

do you ? he teases me... he is seducing me... I am already busy with my work on the "second wave" I am testing one year of data and this pattern its looking at my eyes and its telling me... Hey.... I am a second wave too... mmmm I am more easy ... I am a scalp ahahahahah that turns me on ¡¡¡¡ I am a scalper.... a f·"&%%ing scalper ¡¡¡ so I give up to temptation and give this pattern 30 min worth of a look....

Well he is so tender and sweet... he is a puppy, he is a "mini Icon"... so sweet... so many succesfull trades per day... I got 780 days of data to try him :eek: and he is really neet...

You need to have scalper blood on your veins to like this one... not for everybody... but easy to learn indeed....

so here I go this is how Mini Icon looks like :

attachment.php?attachmentid=2114&stc=1&d=1185846231

Isnt he simple, he is Mr Icon Son... he can make me probably gain a target of 8 pips per day or more...

NOw He has the same filosofy of 1rst intention / Pullback / Continuation He is a nice little boy that follows the WAVE structure of the market...

So... lets se him on the real world :

attachment.php?attachmentid=2115&stc=1&d=1185846628

Is he perfect ? Noooooooooo

Is he simple ? Yeeeeeeeees

can I make more than 6 pips per trade ? Yeeeeeees

Lets keep interacting... I have 50 charts to show you with Mini Icon... cheers Walter.

5aa70de9909d0_MiniIcon.thumb.png.aa47c5204e5ca3f22c1866cb5e3fbf33.png

5aa70de99634e_minime.thumb.png.17f268e48e4d340f0c520905f3017412.png

Hey Walter

You should probably start Wikipedia of trading strategies by Walter :)

This bands idea covered in books and video by Raghee Horner and Mark Mcrae in his SureFireForex. You may want to take a look for improving RRR for your icon trade.

Walter

Could you give the settings your using for TS users please. ( just of the bands and MA )

Cheers........Blu-Ray

Ok.. the settings are USD/JPY 1 min chart with Linear weighted Moving average 30 of high/close/low (bands) and the cyan line is a Linear Regression curve 5... on the bottom you have a cci 7 smothed by a t3 (3)...

I attach eld , please try it and post chart here to see how looks Blu-Ray, I did the smoothing with a LRcurve wich is very similar to t3... cheers Walter.

CCI SMOOTH.ELD

Hey Walter

You should probably start Wikipedia of trading strategies by Walter :)

This bands idea covered in books and video by Raghee Horner and Mark Mcrae in his SureFireForex. You may want to take a look for improving RRR for your icon trade.

jejejej, yes Z-trade, there are so many things... where can I find does videos, are they free ? cheers Walter.

Wow walter,looks very nice !!!!

Yes Don, it is a very simple setup and it happens over and over again, I will be testing today and post some charts... cheers Walter.

Thanks Walter

At first it wouldn't work, it kept saying plot error, I've edited the easy language and removed the last two lines ( saying " if plot2 < 0" etc ) and it works.

Here's a pic.

Thanks again

Blu-Ray

usdjpy.thumb.png.058c57a86e0c941e53fd159fc9c94a5f.png

Sorry about that Blu-Ray... can you add again this on the bottom of the formula ?

if plot2 > 0 then setplotcolor (2, blue );

if plot2 < 0 then setplotcolor (2, red) ;

Then please show me a chart, cheers Walter.

good ¡¡... do you have the averages ? need them ?...

Thanks Walter, I've got the linear reg curve, but not the linear weighted MA, if you've got them it would be much appreciated.

Blu-Ray

usdjpy2.thumb.png.293e61e002a6b5971b95f012d9577723.png

When we have multiple crosses of the averages, there simply is no setup...

if the pullback can not be holded by the three averges and crosses to the oposite side, setup is invalidated...

Now When the three average hold the pullback, then we are in bussiness... cheers Walter.

crossing.thumb.png.726f288c6c7643f715fba6d015cf7760.png