Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The "FHR" Trades

I already started my manual testing here and I am quite excited... my first idea entry +15 stop -oposite range its doing very BAD its clear that there is not a good RRR ...

NOW the entry +10 stop -10 idea in a period so far of 8 weeks (2 months) is UP 183 pips with 29 positive days 1 day without trade and 8 negative days... ¡¡

I think Don we are on the right track... :D:D:D I keep working here I still have 34 months to go... I think I dont sleep tonight...jejejej cheers Walter.

So far as this test is evolving... from all my experience I understand that adding a fancy trailing system, will clearly boost the capacity of this nice simple method, I will share soon... I am truly enlighted at this stage and I feel that since I started to research on forex this probably is a new high on the process.... cheers Walter.

Well, 1st one would be 10 + 5 pip couision 27/61. Then my next was 15 pip,

-15 pip without the cousion. Starting Jan 1 06, 70/134 so average is roughly 50% on both. Now, I think I can see where your going with your trailing stop!!!

So far I had a good start.. then things got cyclical and I am having a dumb 50/50 performance... now there are days where he clean took off ( very few) that could be trailed... I still dont think that will be the key here as its very few days to count with...

What I keep noticing is that there is an extreme amount of false breaks that after that on the second attempt they do work out... they create some kind of Icon morfology... it happens over and over again...

Seems like taking the break itself its a 50/50 game thing but taking the second attempt could bring more chances of success... just ideas here cheers Walter.

Here is what I mean... lots of breaks that dont get to that +10 pips and finally you never get to the target taking a loss of -10 or worst... now going for a +10 on the second attempt is a good idea AND AND AND (going waco here) the stop 2 pips above the entry pivot so we can have tighter stops and a nice +10 profit giving a decent RRR...

The idea idea STILL is to go in the direction of the break, but not on the break itself as on the second attempt... cheers Walter.

5aa70de8dc282_secondattempt.thumb.png.967ce1a8ff337c8d487fbb06707b8d11.png

1.thumb.png.b3d8247212d04ccc56643a7170d5d1c2.png

2.thumb.png.5526b8a3f9fee4bba19f6816410c813f.png

3.thumb.png.d565ff1bb659543d319ebf640bf1a727.png

4.thumb.png.89b23371c0e7af7e749b3d0f7479724f.png

So basically we are back to the flip:D

Kind off... more an Icon I would say... but we shall understand that the spirit of the range break its still there...

How was your test ?

OK ok... too all our fans that our following this research progress, this FHR break test has been acomplete failure... Such as me and Don got a 50/50 performance on this test, taking the breaks of the range to get a 10 pip fixed profit...

What did I learn ?... well I learned that most of the times the market has a wave pattern performance and taking a break its not allways the best way to make your way on the markets... its better to take the second Attempt...

Its interesting but maybe you took the right trade but on the wrong moment... so Timing is the issue here...

I still like the FHR break concept, but timing has to be modified...

I have some clear ideas here so to make it more easy I will open a New thread about what I have... thanks for all the interaction so far on this thread... cheers Walter.

I'll give it to ya Walter, you're a smart dude.

Thanks for the kind words Reaver... its a pleasure to have you back aboard and I also expect learning from your long term methods... cheers Walter.