Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

waveslider

Forex Question

Ok... can someone make a list of decent "non-bucket shop" forex brokers ? I would like to know then wich are the true serious forex dealers for the retail trader.... thanks Walter.

I have been using EFX for a little over 2 months and so far i am very happy with the execution. I mostly place orders before the london session and trade the pound. News usually triggers my trades and slippage is very rare,but the most was 3 pips. Although commission are higher than the others the spread usually runs from even to 2 pips on the majors most of the time.

The 2 non-bucketshop forex brokers for smaller retail traders are EFX/MB Trading Forex (same company) or IB's IdealPro. The only benefit is more flexible size (any size above $25,000 for IdealPro). I wouldn't call the higher margin offered by the bucketshops a benefit. It's just another way for newbies to blow their accounts.

Guest cooter

Are trades on those brokers executed in the true FX interbank market though? What makes them "non-bucketshops" or differentiates them from the rest?

Orders are sent straight to the bank offering the best price. With IdealPro you can see which bank executed your order: UBS, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan etc. They also match client orders against each other. Either way unlike a bucket shop they only make their money from the commission so it's in their interest that you win rather than lose.

Guest cooter
I am looking at EFX site and yes, they do have an edge... thanks for the information. cheers Walter.

What kind of "edge" are you referring to here?