Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
Soultrader

Any non-US citizens with a US LLC?

Guest cooter

James,

Do you have US citizenship, in addition to your native-born Japanese status?

If not, why do you want to subject yourself to paying US taxes if you don't have to?

I dont have a US citizen. I recently filed for a LLC in Delaware and trying to fill out some tax forms. I spent some time on the phone with the IRS but they were extremely useless. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Guest cooter

So I take it you never received a SSN while you were in the States?

Guest cooter

Well, if you have an SSN, you don't need to get an ITIN. Since you apparently weren't issued one when you were stateside, you'll have to apply for an ITIN, just to get an EIN, correct?

However, as you no doubt know, the effort required to show that you really need an ITIN is burdensome, since you have to attach a tax return to prove your immediate need for it.

This is because illegals and scammers were using the 9-digit ITIN in place of the SSN for employment and credit purposes. Hence the crackdown.

Might I suggest you consult with a good tax or immigration attorney who is well versed in this issue?