Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

TICK Hook's and TICK Candles

Been playing around with the TICK lately using different timeframes, candles, line on close...

I have been testing out strategies using TICK hooks and TICK range fades on a candlestick chart. Below is a chart combining the two. The important thing about any TICK strategies is to first identify the strength of the market. Are we trending higher? Making lower bottoms? Lower highs? etc...

This strategy combines a TICK hook whenever TICK's reach a range extreme. It uses a 5 min line on close TICK chart plotted over a 5 min TICK bar chart.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1312&stc=1&d=1177169724

I will also post some ideas in the video section regarding this strategy.

advancedticks.gif.dd5906aaf243f88f4da88415e23ee299.gif

Guest cooter

One thing to note about your chart is that you don't need two versions of the same symbol to do what you are doing in TS.

For example, with your TICK chart ($TICK), you can plot only one instance of the symbol $TICK as a bar chart. Then, to overlay a line on close of the same time period (and symbol), simply add a 1 period MA (or EMA) using the parameters of (Close,1).

This is another way of doing what you want more easily in TS.

one of the drawbacks of TS is that it only offers "line on close' charts,not classicline charts.

this is a disadvantage when you want to chart continuous tick readings, for obviousreasons. i personally chart with both quotetracker (which does offer it), and TS (and investor R/T for market profile).

a line on close (vs. a line) will not show all readings, and i personally do not use it.

i chart my tick via a line chart, and a candle.