Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

kevinfeeder

Educational Trading Programs

I do not assume that everyone is dumb enough to go run out and buy everything they first here about...you know give traders some credit that they do their own due diligence first for whatever method they are looking at (like the VSA tradeguider product). Traders are pretty sharp imo and they should invite a competition of ideas and methods....one dimensional exposure is harmful to trading longevity. Your limiting beliefs and negative assumptions will reduce your potential for success...that is a losing mentality to operate from in trading.

:doh:

I think the point Fulcrum was that to blindly follow ANY system where you have NO IDEA how things are being constructed is a TERRIBLE way to try to trade. To rely 100% on a person, such as Roger that has a history of up and leaving (see TI and that other place he went to afterwards), is a recipe for disaster.

Point being that any trader that is serious about trading and making it, should avoid sites like Felton's at all costs. There's no benefit to joining a service where you are 100% dependent on one person and their magical indicators (which you can get for free anyways). Eventually, Roger will leave. That's what he does. One day, all that magical stuff will be gone. Then what?

And there within lies the problem with these type of sites... Once someone leaves, you have to hope they come back sooner or later. And until then, good luck! :roll eyes:

Guest Fulcrum
:doh:

I think the point Fulcrum was that to blindly follow ANY system where you have NO IDEA how things are being constructed is a TERRIBLE way to try to trade. To rely 100% on a person, such as Roger that has a history of up and leaving (see TI and that other place he went to afterwards), is a recipe for disaster.

Point being that any trader that is serious about trading and making it, should avoid sites like Felton's at all costs. There's no benefit to joining a service where you are 100% dependent on one person and their magical indicators (which you can get for free anyways). Eventually, Roger will leave. That's what he does. One day, all that magical stuff will be gone. Then what?

And there within lies the problem with these type of sites... Once someone leaves, you have to hope they come back sooner or later. And until then, good luck! :roll eyes:

This post shows me that you are not at all aware of how Roger runs his room or trading education with Felton Trading. After two to four weeks learning the method, a person needs nothing from Roger to continue on their own...no indicator fees or required chatroom costs. You can go solo and trade without dependancy....now that is the right way to do things imo. But I can understand where you are coming from...I have seen these mentalities before...oh well.

In my opinion, the primary problem for folks trying to learn this business is as follows;

First, anyone with a few dollars can decide that they "want to learn to trade". They assume that because they want to trade, that in time they can learn. Further, they assume that they have the apptitude and the background necessary to obtain success. Finally they assume that they can find a successful method relatively quickly and go on to make a lot of money.

This, in a nutshell is what most if not all of you "believe" as you begin the process.

If as you read this, you find yourself angry or impatient...this might be a clue that you are proceeding without benefit of the kind of soul searching that most of us are forced to do at some point. The real questions are..."What do I need to succeed in this business?".....What is the most direct way to proceed?"...."How can I find a mentor who, instead of just taking my money, will advise me honestly, even though I might not want to hear what he/she has to say?".......

Think about it for a bit..most "beginners" don't need a chatroom, or what passes for a mentor today. What you really need is a way to evaluate where you stand. Someone who would help you in a dispassionate way, to see your strengths and weaknesses, and provide effective direction. Ultimately you need someone willing to take a personal interest in you, and that is very hard to find.

Frankly, none of the alternatives in the original post qualify. Sorry to have to put it this way, but that is what I believe at this point in time.

Steve

Ask yourself this question- If felton or TI was really that good, why not just trade it for yourself. Set up a CTA, charge 20%-30% performance fee and you can be a millionaire. It makes no sense to set up an "Educational" service and make peanuts of what you can with a profitable CTA. I raise this question with all vendors and never get a straight answer. It is always, "well we just like to help people", which is a bunch of crap. Trading is one of the most cut-throat businesses out there.

You must have missed this accidentally. So go ahead and post a response, because I would love to hear it.

Guest Fulcrum
You must have missed this accidentally. So go ahead and post a response, because I would love to hear it.
Yes felton does trade funds as a company but they do not trade for others.

I also would not ever want to trade funds for someone else...you don't have to in futures as the dynamic growth of successful systems earn excellent yearly returns without having any regulatory responsibilities (one of my systems is being traded by a CTA but I sold the method to them...I did not want to get involved with the fund).

Yes felton does trade funds as a company but they do not trade for others.

I also would not ever want to trade funds for someone else...you don't have to in futures as the dynamic growth of successful systems earn excellent yearly returns without having any regulatory responsibilities (one of my systems is being traded by a CTA but I sold the method to them...I did not want to get involved with the fund).

What company? and where can I get audited results?

This post shows me that you are not at all aware of how Roger runs his room or trading education with Felton Trading. After two to four weeks learning the method, a person needs nothing from Roger to continue on their own...no indicator fees or required chatroom costs. You can go solo and trade without dependancy....now that is the right way to do things imo. But I can understand where you are coming from...I have seen these mentalities before...oh well.

He was speaking first in generalities, then mentioned that Roger has a history of up and leaving. Using deduction, I believe the point would be to find something you UNDERSTAND, not a black box magic indicator you learn to follow. That way if you are left holding the bag, you will be SELF SUFFICIENT. Relying on others to always tell you the truth and have integrity when money is involved will lead to ruin.

Once again, if I had worked for years and years to develop a trading method that was winning very well, there is no way I would sell it, or run a chat room. I would trade it. For myself. Period. You wouldn't need to manage OPM anyways...with enough patience, even starting with a relatively small stake, you would be rich as you could ever imagine.

And if I were to decide I wanted to be a philanthropist (as so many vendors state they are) and share the ideas with others...I would first be highly selective in who I taught it to...secondly, I wouldn't charge...if it was so good, I wouldn't need to....chat room income would be nothing to me. Oh, and philanthropists don't charge for their deeds of kindness.

Something to consider, to think otherwise is fairly irrational.

Guest Fulcrum
What company? and where can I get audited results?

His own company trades their own funds...not a different company trading for Felton?

Guest Fulcrum
He was speaking first in generalities, then mentioned that Roger has a history of up and leaving. Using deduction, I believe the point would be to find something you UNDERSTAND, not a black box magic indicator you learn to follow. That way if you are left holding the bag, you will be SELF SUFFICIENT. Relying on others to always tell you the truth and have integrity when money is involved will lead to ruin.

Once again, if I had worked for years and years to develop a trading method that was winning very well, there is no way I would sell it, or run a chat room. I would trade it. For myself. Period. You wouldn't need to manage OPM anyways...with enough patience, even starting with a relatively small stake, you would be rich as you could ever imagine.

And if I were to decide I wanted to be a philanthropist (as so many vendors state they are) and share the ideas with others...I would first be highly selective in who I taught it to...secondly, I wouldn't charge...if it was so good, I wouldn't need to....chat room income would be nothing to me. Oh, and philanthropists don't charge for their deeds of kindness.

Something to consider, to think otherwise is fairly irrational.

Well Roger does both....teaches and trades (as do other members of his company)...this is what he enjoys. I will not judge him on what is right or wrong for him.

His own company trades their own funds...not a different company trading for Felton?

Trading your own funds is not the same as a CTA or CPO. So he just trades his own money, thats fine. Let's see some of his personal audited results then.

Guest Fulcrum
Trading your own funds is not the same as a CTA or CPO. So he just trades his own money, thats fine. Let's see some of his personal audited results then.

Correct...a CTA running a CPO or a managed futures account is for trading OPM which they have no desire to do. I obviously do not have access to Felton's trading account information nor do I need to...the method works for me every day. But if you are a prospective client, make that a part of your due diligence and ask Roger for that information...I am sure you will be satisfied with what you see.

Correct...a CTA running a CPO or a managed futures account is for trading OPM which they have no desire to do. I obviously do not have access to Felton's trading account information nor do I need to...the method works for me every day. But if you are a prospective client, make that a part of your due diligence and ask Roger for that information...I am sure you will be satisfied with what you see.

That's all fine. But don't go into forums and say, "well i use felton, blah blah blah", since no one (except those that pay that $5k or whatever it is. Since its not even on the website I can imagine its around that $5k level). It helps no one in the least bit. People here want to learn to trade on their own and be self-sufficient, not spoon fed some magical indicators that harldy ever lose.

Why are you really here? Is it to help each other and pass ideas around? Looking at your post since you got here, about 80% in one way or another mentions felton trading. I would guess you are basically a spammer. Everyone here is trying to keep this board from turning into other trading boards. This includes keeping people off that come here for the sole purpose of basically spamming.

So I hope you stay and contribute to this community, but if you are just going to be a felton cheerleader their is really no need for you here.

Guest Fulcrum

Wow...you must not be having any fun in your trading and you obviously missed my contributions in the ACV thread, and the different posts I have been interacting here VERY POSITIVELY about psychology in trading.

BTW, I am having a blast today trading!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw those threads and just about all of them you mention felton one way or another. Once again, that helps no one.

And my trading is going quite fine, and I didn't have to pay someone $5k to learn there method either :thumbs up:

Wow...you must not be having any fun in your trading and you obviously missed my contributions in the ACV thread, and the different posts I have been interacting here VERY POSITIVELY about psychology in trading.

BTW, I am having a blast today trading!!!!!!!!!!!

You are quickly losing credibility with your attitude towards others here.

Guest Fulcrum

My attitude is not the one imprisoned by negativity and limiting beliefs, also I did not engage in initiating postings that attempt to prejudge the actions and capabilities of others....that blood is not on my hands. You may want to take your posting police badges off for a while and enjoy your supposed success....life is short! :martini:

My attitude is not the one imprisoned by negativity and limiting beliefs, also I did not engage in initiating postings that attempt to prejudge the actions and capabilities of others....that blood is not on my hands. You may want to take your posting police badges off for a while and enjoy your supposed success....life is short! :martini:

Okay. Just be careful being unimprisoned by negative beliefs when you deal with your finances...I have seen some unimprisoned by negative beliefs types go down hard by the hands of some unscrupulous people. Sometimes being too "unimprisoned by negative beliefs" can be synonymous with lack of common sense.

We can talk all day on the forums. See you in the markets.

Guest Fulcrum

See you there tomorrow! Have A Great Day!!!

Ready, Willing, and Able! :thumbs up:

Here is what you get from TI or Felton for the 5K - *magical* Stochastic located on top of candlesticks and *magical* MACD... and don’t forget their generosity - they give you 10 pages word document with market term definitions and very basic indicator setups.

Stoch: 5,5,1 and MACD: 4,12,1

or

Stoch : 6,5,2 (High, Low, Close, 6,5,2,1,0,0) and MACD: 4,13,1 depends on the platform you use.

Have fun!

Guest Fulcrum

Your information for TI seems somewhat accurate but ALL your information on Felton is not.

Your information for TI seems somewhat accurate but ALL your information on Felton is not.

Yes, we know - Roger changed the magical formula so his doesn't match TI identically. This way he can charge all the sheep the 5 grand that TI charged them as well. If it's 'different' then you just gotta have it! :roll eyes:

Guest Fulcrum
Yes, we know - Roger changed the magical formula so his doesn't match TI identically. This way he can charge all the sheep the 5 grand that TI charged them as well. If it's 'different' then you just gotta have it! :roll eyes:

No...the settings are different, the trade set-ups are completely different, and Roger does not charge 5k (TI charges that NOT Roger???). It just amazes me how everyone completely misjudges what Felton is doing with ALL the wrong info. You really need to get proper facts before you make comments about something you know nothing about. Oh and a HUGE difference is that the Felton methods works...the daily "audited" recap shows that!

See You In The Market...Have An Excellent Trade Day!!!