Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Any DAX and/or STOXX traders here

If they are fungible (they surely must be?) then it has to increase liquidity and participation from the smaller guys. (Having said the many have turned to spread betting the FTSE it seems).

Back to the original discussion does any one fine the DAX pretty schizoid? Here's what I mean you can trade it for a while (maybe months) and it plays pretty 'technical' respecting levels moving in a reasonably ordered fashion. When it trends and corrects, very tradeable. At others it just turns 'maniac' shooting all over the place, you have the massive spikes we talked of earlier it will congest in a tight narrow band and then just 'plunge' or surge, corrections are either non existent or it will actually correct 105% in seconds (catching stops). I dunno how to put it other than schizoid. Maybe its just me?

Yes Blowfish, Dax has tendency to do just that, found it easier to trade during latter half of 2008, when prices were tumbling, it was easier to get on(short) any retracements on low vol.

However introduction of Daxemini should improve situation when more traders participate as in Eurostoxx.

Ftse used to be spikey as well, even now there are not many orders on the DOM compared to Eurostoxx.

Hi All,

First I've heard of the miniDax. Looking forward to it, but I'm sure it will take some time for the volume to reach decent levels. It will be interesting to have 2 electronic contracts trading at the same time one full size and one mini. It will allow scaling in or out of trades which could offer a pretty unique trading opportunity.

I am not a big fan of the thinner markets like YM, TF, or DAX. It's easy to get in a trade but can be hard to get out. I've seen too much of my hair turn grey trading the YM.

If the miniDax turns out to be something like the ES then I'll probably trade it.

just my 2euros,

Jean

totally agree to the poster above :)

trading low vol markets can be a pain in the butt regarding volatility....BUT i used to love trading the GBPJPY before i fully switched to ES

I Trade the dax for many years now.

I do agree there is some volatility on it that is "unusual" compared to ES or other american index.

The question i ask is, with current ES range and total lack of flow, how can any daytrader make any money in them instruments.

Although risk is slightly higher on dax, the rewards are good. Very good indeed if traded properlly. One can make on one day of dax trading the same ammount of money that ES takes a Week to provide.

I would like to know what type of strategies you guys are using on dax. Swing? Scalping?

Best Regards