Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Volume on Ag's

Guest cooter
this is the VWAP average (developed by TS) its very similar to the yellow line from leveragefx (topgunsoftware) .... I dont use it to trade, but its very interesting how it works.... cheers Walter.

You mean the "balance point" that was mentioned? Yeah, this looks a lot like it. And it resets at midnight too, based on the code in the function

date > date [1] 

I'll look further into it and see what I come up with this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'm getting delayed quotes on TS for Ag's. There's another $50 for regular products (not emini) for live quotes. Is this true? I'm still not getting emini Ag's at all.

Me neither. But the range and tick value($12.50 per tick) of the standard ags is very similar to the ES emini. So as Carter said the mini-ags are really like minis of minis for those used to the indexes. Plus the mini-ags have very low volume.

I think we'd have to cough up the $50 a month to make it worthwhile to trade ags.

Guest cooter
Me neither. But the range and tick value($12.50 per tick) of the standard ags is very similar to the ES emini. So as Carter said the mini-ags are really like minis of minis for those used to the indexes. Plus the mini-ags have very low volume.

I think we'd have to cough up the $50 a month to make it worthwhile to trade ags.

I wouldn't bother trading "e-mini Ags", as it really wouldn't be worth your while, or the additional cost, for that matter. Especially since they're pit-traded at the moment too. (But that's due to change shortly, according to the CBOT).

The main Ag's are where it's at, so to speak. Better range than the ES in a shorter time frame, and comparable margins too, for the same tick value.

I agree with cooter on this. The volume might not be sufficient enough compared to the regular Ags; slippage might be a problem vs. real pit trades. The reaction may be different as well, electronic vs pit. So the training ground won't be the same when you finally get to the real thing and it'll be like trading a different product all together again.