Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mjp

Day Trading AG Setups.....

I just recently started to day trade the grains. Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat. All I have used is a basic box type trade, trading the breakout of a consolidation with tight stops and small targets. Anyone have a few basic setups they have found useful? Not looking for a lot of cents, but some small amounts when the indexes which I trade are not moving.

Guest cooter

Yep, I was about to post that link myself, Keymoo.

It should give traders a good insight into the grains and why they are often better than the indices to trade.

With the volatilty and the lower margins, you might decide to trade these during the so-called "doldrums" or better yet, make your focus on pulling an easy point or two out of them each day.

Guest agrawal_anish

FORGET EVERYTHING MACD, AVG, GANN, TAPE READING ,VOL,OPEN INTREST JUST REMEMBER

the best technique for day traders which i am using for last 3 years which is almost 90% successful is the combination of PIVOTS FOR SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE , CAMARILLA EQUATION, FIBONACCI PIVOTS AND 5 DAY RSI.

TRY THIS ITS VERY EASY .

Guest cooter
FORGET EVERYTHING MACD, AVG, GANN, TAPE READING ,VOL,OPEN INTREST JUST REMEMBER

the best technique for day traders which i am using for last 3 years which is almost 90% successful is the combination of PIVOTS FOR SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE , CAMARILLA EQUATION, FIBONACCI PIVOTS AND 5 DAY RSI.

TRY THIS ITS VERY EASY .

Fair enough. You have access to this website via the Internet. So how about taking a screen shot of your setup to illustrate your technique for the Ags?

With respect, I think everyone on this forum is well aware of pivots, fibs and RSI. I'm glad you've got a system which you think works but I don't think it's as amazing as you think it is.

You might also note that this thread is about agricultural futures, not stocks.

I can only assume Agrawal using these tools globally (stocks, futures, commodities). Since I'm new to Ags, I'm trying out price patterns, Fibs, pivots, etc to find strategies for these.

Yes I agree, charts are the best way to get your point across loud and clear.

For those that know how I trade the YM, my plan is to trade wheat and soybeans exactly the same. I won't be making any changes to my setups, and they seem to work perfectly well in this market too. Notice here on Thursday, we see wheat take off, sell off into daily R1 and then we see selling pressure decrease (showing a strengthening delta) and then price rallies again.

wheat_div.thumb.png.9565ee25b6b426ec6922b4a24015d2b7.png

Guest cooter

For your pivots on the grains, which session are you using? Day or All? Pit, electronic or composite?

I'm studying that right now, testing out the pivots and fibs on different session types. Anyone has some input into this area on how well they work on what charts, tendencies, etc?

Guest cooter

Excellent. Just so I can follow, what indicator are you using at the bottom of your charts?

Thats a Volume Breakdown indicator. It's showing the net difference between the number of contracts sold vs number bought. It's great to see in real time as the buying or selling starts decreasing coming into a pivot point.

Guest cooter

Is that one available for Tradestation? I didn't see it in the Indicator section here.

Im not sure if its available in a line on close chart like I've got it. It is available as the TickDelta indicator, and I think that walterw wrote one that is an oscillator type.

Just to give another example of how this delta indicator would work...take last monday. Corn opened limit down and wheat and soy soon followed. Notice the buying activity (blue line) diverging with price action at the previous day's low. Not being able to get above this is a bad sign...and then we drop like a stone down to daily S2, where we get another divergence showing us...let's get long now! Just a couple sweet setups in wheat.

wheat_34t.thumb.png.46df9f4eccec864f6bc47ddc27ced8c3.png

Guest cooter

Looks interesting. I'll have to see if I can find this for TS, or code it up myself. Thanks!