Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

torero

FYI: ER2 is moving?

I heard this on JC's video mentioning ICE bought emini index from CME. Instead of buying the entire exchange and all its products, it buys only one products. He thinks the market volume will dry up a bit for a while before normal volume will return. Good thing I'm expanding to other areas (Ags and Forex).

Guest cooter

Here's the official press release from ICE:

https://www.theice.com/showpr.jhtml?id=6574

And here's a blurb from the Chicago Tribune about it:

Merc loses futures to ICE | Chicago Tribune

Look for the CME to make a push on their S&P MidCap 400 product (which has the same tick and point value as the ER2 Russell). The ticker symbol is EMD.

Remember, not only the ER2 mini is currently traded at the Merc, but the pit-traded RL big contract as well. Could be interesting to see how this one will play out.

Since we don't know how ICE handle orders and routing, slippage and spread and of course volume will be an issue in the beginning. It'll take a while for people to trade big size again until they can find how reliable the exchange is with the new index. I've never traded with ICE so I am a newbie but caution is the only thing to do when ICE takes over.

If not EMD is not a bad choice for ER2 traders, if volume increase to ER2 level, it may be a good replacement. I'm going to start watching it. I've actually system tested EMD and ER2, they are both very similar in results, the only different is the slippage due to lower volume.

ICE handle the most widely traded energy contract (Brent Crude) and have pioneered the all-electronic platform so I'm sure they can handle ER2 smoothly. It only costs £1 to subscribe to ICE data on IB - I don't know about other brokers and data providers.

hmm torero, I have traded EMD a bit too and found that while yes it does jump around, it is less likely to jump around than ER2 --- I have found it to have LESS noise than ER2.

ICE handle the most widely traded energy contract (Brent Crude) and have pioneered the all-electronic platform so I'm sure they can handle ER2 smoothly. It only costs £1 to subscribe to ICE data on IB - I don't know about other brokers and data providers.

TS might have a problem since they don't have offer ICE (not sure of late of their european data). There are lots of TS-based ER2 traders. We'll see.