Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Ultimate Trade Analyzer Discussion for Ultimate Trade Analyzer owners to share results, questions and other feedback.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: SST Range Bars

For Day trading, I like the tick charts vs time. You can see the action quicker, and use the trade set up by SST. I am new to this system but use both SST day trading and UST at night for some forex but mostly for the oil trades.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #10

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiobingo »
..But I am learning, with my use of the UTA tha the 5 minute chart is very effective using SST with EURUSD. Best of all, it's simple and consistently is profitable. Great stuff!!
Hi, could you say what about UTA helped in this particular case? There is a lot of talk of how succesful this TradePlan was/is but I backtested from Sep 13 for 4 weeks with standard settings and had very poor results.

I am new to NP & SST and although accept I may have made errors I was careful in my testing, I was thinking maybe UTA enabled you to make tweaks that tipped the balance the other way.

I am not a UTA user but interested in its capabilities.

Many Thanks,

Alan
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #11

Ignore this user

alan I do not use the UTA analyzer yet
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #12

Ignore this user

Alan, the UTA really gives you in depth insight into your trade data. The 5 minute plan that's posted in the SST Owner's Club is not the standard default SST settings. They have been customized to accommodate better, the way that the 5 minute eurusd chart trades. I would recommend, manually backtesting the posted OC tradeplan into UTA. If you do, you will emerge with a complete understanding of the tradeplan, how it performs, and what to expect going forward. That is one of the invaluable benefits one gets from using the UTA. I call it the 'ditch digging' of trading because it is the prelim work one needs to do to really create a strong foundation for themselves. I would put that type of effort at the top of the priority list for anyone learning any type of tradesytem/tradeplan. That is paso uno -- Step One!!

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: