Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

analyst75

The Beauty of Trading

“You do not need a PhD in math or physics to be successful in the stock market, just the right knowledge, a good work ethic, and discipline.” – Mark Minervini

Imagine. There’s someone who borrowed a total of $13 million to make a movie. She’s a credit officer at a big financial institution who’s helped many candidates secure loans to finance their ambitions. She herself was unable to get a loan to finance the production of her movie. In fact, it took her more than 6 years to get money to produce her movie. After going to the States to learn how to direct movies, she’d to sell all her property and borrow money from some friends and banks, before they could get the needed $13 million to finance the movie. The movie could’ve been a crashing failure, but fortunately, it was a roaring success. This courageous woman took a great risk.

Can you see the length people can go in order to achieve their dreams? The risk I take as a trader is even far less than this, with the assurance that my possibility of success is high because I’m a veteran trader.

Have you been touched by sadness in trading? You might feel that’s a problem without solution. But there’s a solution – namely, the necessary mindset and principles that are necessary for your happiness. A losing period is a terrible problem, but there are wonderful solutions to that.

If people discourage you, you could begin to think that the sacrifices you make in your trading career aren’t worthwhile or that you can’t attain permanent success. Since we’re surrounded by people that don’t understand the truth about trading, we must strive to keep our focus on the ultimate goals.

If You Can Draw a Straight Line, You Can Become a Successful Trader

This subheading was taken from one of the titles written by DbPhoenix of Trade2win.com. Contrary to what most people tend to think, you can become a permanently successful trader if you’ve a positive expectancy methodology and a winning attitude.

The road to profitability is to think positively and take steps. This doesn’t mean that your steps would often lead to what you want. There are times when you’ll feel that you can’t become a winning speculator. You can even contemplate quitting. I know this. It’s happened to me. There were times when I was discouraged by poor trading results and I thought of abandoning my trading career.

Nonetheless, I was aware of the potency of perseverance, and so, I didn’t quit. After many years of grappling with the markets, I’m eventually able to make money in the markets, surviving trendless and choppy periods and moving smoothly ahead when the markets trend strongly. I’m now able to keep my funds safe despite the vagaries of the markets. Sometimes, I make more than I even anticipate in a month.

The Providence used Forex to remove me from poverty and launch me onto my way to financial freedom.

Conclusion: Like the veterans of the markets, we don’t feel that the years we spend trying to bring our best trading self are a waste of time. Rather, we’re sure that the challenges are transitory and the rewards are permanent. I think of someone like Adam Jowett, who’s an entrepreneur and a developer who trades anywhere possible, like in the toilet, in the bus and in his garage. I know another trader who travels worldwide and trades on the go, raking in lots of money in the process.

This piece is ended by the quote below:

“Learning by trading may be the school of hard knocks, but in the end that is the best school you can attend. Just keep standing up over and over again, until you learn how to profit. Until that point, trade small and make sure to stay in the game. Make sure you will still be there once the profits arrive. And do not forget to enjoy the ride.” – Marko Graenitz

Copyright: Tallinex.com

Trading is beautiful until you start trading. It's a grind. If you find grinding beautiful, then trading is the place for you.

Making me laugh dude... thanks.

One of many beautiful things about trading is that you won't be standing in the parking lot scraping the ice from your windshield at the end of the day... you may be sitting on the floor with a bottle of scotch clutched in your hand, but at least you're not out in the cold scraping ice.

Lick your wounds and get on with it... not much beauty to be found in a cock fight (unless you are of a romantic nature). I think it best left to the poets. For me the money is good, and I don't mind getting cut up once in a while (actually, I hate it, but possibly I'm more of a romantic than what I would care to let on).

Not to worry though... you probably won't turn out like me (ha!).

Trading is beautiful until you start trading. It's a grind. If you find grinding beautiful, then trading is the place for you.

Definitely. When I first started writing for my local newspaper while I was in college, I couldn't believe how lucky I was, getting paid to write. Pretty funny how quickly things you enjoy in your spare time can turn into a drag, once you start doing them for money, lol.

Same for me with trading, really. Not that I'd consider myself a "grinder" (I'm a position trader), but the bigger my trading account became (and the more substantial my profits), the higher the pressure to consistently perform became. Nowadays I'm making more money than ever from my trading, yet I've never been so stressed out. But that's the norm, right? :confused:

Definitely. When I first started writing for my local newspaper while I was in college, I couldn't believe how lucky I was, getting paid to write. Pretty funny how quickly things you enjoy in your spare time can turn into a drag, once you start doing them for money, lol.

Same for me with trading, really. Not that I'd consider myself a "grinder" (I'm a position trader), but the bigger my trading account became (and the more substantial my profits), the higher the pressure to consistently perform became. Nowadays I'm making more money than ever from my trading, yet I've never been so stressed out. But that's the norm, right? :confused:

Grinding, in my post. refers to the inherent monotony that a trader/investor may contend with. I will loosely define it as the the time that needs to pass for the desired outcome to be obtained. Such a grind occurs no matter what type of trade or investment. The difference is the interval, but it is a grind nonetheless.