Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tradewinds

Uptick Downtick Ratio

Plot as lower study:

var: TickRatio(0);

TickRatio=Upticks/Ticks;

Plot1(TickRatio, "Tick Ratio");
Plot2(0.5, "Center Line");

If TickRatio > 0.5 and TickRatio > TickRatio[1] then SetPlotColor[1](1, Darkgreen) else if TickRatio < 0.5 and TickRatio < TickRatio[1] then SetPlotColor[1](1, Darkred) else if
TickRatio > TickRatio[1] then SetPlotColor[1](1, green) else SetPlotColor[1](1, Red);

9:25 am - Ratio down, Might be near a bottom.

9:30 am - Price has lower low, but Ratio is going up. Bottom signal

9:35 am - Ratio and Price up hard. Take Long profit.

9:40 am - Ratio down, Possible re-entry long.

9:45 am - Price has lower low, Ratio is starting up. Confirmation up

9:50 am - Price up substantially, Ratio up, but not real strong. Probably not the peak

9:55 am - Price has higher high after some retracement, Ratio up Stronger. Exit Long. Wait.

10:00 am - Ratio plummets on price Higher High. Peak signal. Short.

10:05 am - Ratio down hard again, cover short. Wait for Short re-entry.

10:10 am - Ratio up substantially, but still less than 50%, Re-enter short.

10:15 am - Ratio is flat. If it was going higher it would have surged up. Stay short.

10:20 am - Ratio is down hard, be looking to cover short.

10:25 am - Ratio down, but very little. Momentum is slowing. Cover short. Wait.

10:30 am - Ratio and price up hard, Looks like we are going up. Long on price going down.

10:35 am - Ratio flat, but price up substantially. Warning. Divergence. Exit long. Wait.

10:40 am - Ratio flat, close up. This is you last chance to exit your long if you were stupid enough to stay in. (It happens).

10:45 am - Ratio down, but still over 50% line, and not plummeting. Re-enter long.

10:50 am - Ratio and price surge, look to exit long.

10:55 am - Ratio down hard on a doji. Don't wait. Just get out now. Okay? Okay.

11:00 am - Ratio flat, but down a little. Is it still going up? No guts no glory. Go long.

11:05 am - Dang!! Taking some drawdown for the first time this morning. :crap: Okay. Don't worry. You've already made a ton of money. Well, sweat it out. Hang on!

11:10 am - Ha Ha!! What did I tell you, We're going up! Making even more money! Okay, better get out now. Ratio going up hard. Wait to see what's happening.

11:15 am - Ratio down hard. Price reverting to the mean of the last bar. I don't know?

11:20 am - Price just barely has a lower low, and the Ratio just won't go down more. Heck, let's go long.

11:25 am - Wow! Ratio is shooting for the Moon. Don't be stupid. Just book your long profits now.

11:30 am - Lunch time. Maybe I could actually make a living doing this.

TickRatio.jpg.f9848cb4c9d76d8b61c9fb78587b783e.jpg

I've been using this indicator and really like it. It often shows buying or selling bias before the price move. And when it goes to an extreme, the peak or bottom is often very close. The close is rarely at an extreme, but the ratio often goes to an extreme, indicating that there is either a commitment to either buying or selling, or the buying or selling is maxing out, and you are at the extreme.

var: TickRatio(0), FinalPriceHiChg(0);

TickRatio=(Upticks/Ticks)-0.5;

Plot1(TickRatio, "Tick Ratio");
Plot2(0, "Center Line");
Plot3(0.3, "OverBght");
Plot4(-0.3, "OverSold");

If TickRatio > 0 and TickRatio > TickRatio[1] then SetPlotColor[1](1, Darkgreen) else if TickRatio < 0 and TickRatio < TickRatio[1] then SetPlotColor[1](1, Darkred) else if
TickRatio > TickRatio[1] then SetPlotColor[1](1, green) else SetPlotColor[1](1, Red);

Hello

I understand that this is an old post...

I have designed a code to display the momentum of the Upticks Downstick, but I'm not shure how to interpret the result.

I did try your code for the upTicks Ratio and it look more clean than mine.

Would you mind to share few idea on how you "read" your TickRatio. What are you looking for, etc.

Martin

P.S : Excuse my bad English :)

TickRatio.thumb.png.175d61a516a9c11f2ceabbc181c9e386.png