Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Duarte

U.S.Portfolio

Up until now I have adopted a prudent and defensive investment strategy, but now I´ll search a more aggressive valorization strategy opting for an increased market exposure, in order to catch the benchmark index. At the same time, however, I will take into account the 6-month unfavorable seasonality period, which begins on May 1 and ends on October 31 of the same year, and I will keep my eyes wide open to the possibility of trend reversion in the coming months.

The following daily chart gives a short-term perspective for Apple Inc: (NASD: AAPL)

AAPL rallied since the stock put in a bottom in April 4, 2013. Since then, the stock already climbed 18,32%.

At the moment, the Relative Strength Index (RSI) is above the previous high, and despite the price is still lower than the previous high, 463,53, I think this is a positive sign. Another positive sign is that the exponential moving average 10 green has just crossed with the rise the exponential moving average 50 purple, something that did not happen for a long time.

pkbpV9Z.png

The following table shows the Recently Auxiliary Calculations:

Kdja5km.png

The following is the market timer portfolio update:

(The chart is updated on a weekly basis.)

d7W0tjV.png

yvcmE55.png

The portfolio still remains lower than the benchmark (S&P 500), and is still far from having developed its full potential, but it is now positive. I think more in portfolio result than in trade results. I will buy, sell and adjust the weight of each security in the portfolio on a dynamic basis and over time in the light of the varying market conditions, goals and perception.

That said, next week I will possibly make some changes.

Monday last week, I had a computer problem. The hard disk stopped working and I took some time to recover the information. Now things are getting back to normal.

I made two modifications:

I have changed the calculation of the weighted average price to 3 decimal places. And I stopped provide an approximation of the money used for the trade and started to provide the real money used for the trade. (The money used for the trade is not used for calculating the trade gain or loss.)

The following is the list of recently closed trades:

lJdAKlT.png

The following is the list of closed trades:

K4mHBrP.png

The following is the list of money from dividends:

eej6zIN.png

The following is the current portfolio:

uYBqprT.png