Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Begginer

Ensigh Windows & Infinity Platform

Hi everyone. I am trying to learn how to trade with the e-mini stock index futures.(YM,ES).

I use Ensign Windows SIM for practice and that software will be my future charting package.

I am thinking about Infinity Futures for order execution platform. I heard good things about them.

Does anybody use these two packages together for trading? What are your experiences? Is this a good combination for someone who is a total beginner? What are the costs of doing business in this version?

Thank you in advance! :)

Ensign is a good platform. I've been using it for years. Support is very helpful and emails are responded to quickly.

Careful with the sim in Ensign though - it automatically fills limit orders on a print so you wont get a good sense of how you will perform with questionable executions.

No idea about Infinity.

Dude, thanks for your reply. Too bad there is no response from people who use both platforms in real-time trading.I got a recommendation to use IB as order execution platform, but it seems a lot of things with them are complicated.

Id stay away from IB.

Ive never used them, but I hear their support sucks. Believe me, you want someone who will pick up a phone in 2-3 rings and get you out of a position NOW when the proverbial hits the fan - as this tends to happen when your ISP or PC goes down as well - dont ask me why!!