Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GlassOnion

New Years (Trading) Resolutions 2012/13

Title says it all, what's your New Years resolutions for trading?

What will you resolve to do better in the new year?

What do you plan on improving?

What will you start doing new in 2013?

What will you try to cut out in the new year?

Etc..

What's your trading new years resolution?

--

As for myself, I plan on pushing myself out of my comfort zone and start taking some trades in longer timeframes (daily, weekly.) I usually scalp and trade intraday, which has a lot to do with my work's influence in equities where our trade floor is flat by the end of the day no matter what, but I've been experimenting with longer timeframes and strategies that would be considered swing trading and I can't ignore that there's opportunity to be had using strategies that hold for weeks or months. (Can't let myself get set in my ways, gotta expand my ability to include trading styles that aren't my main digs.)

I think an interesting question would be - how many people stuck to their new years resolutions that they made in January 2012?

Regarding my resolutions for 2013 - I'm not aiming to do anything particularly different this year. The things that I will do (and these are not really new years resolutions, it's just ongoing work) are:

Find myself a truly decent honest broker (yes, yes, I know), or at the very least one that gives me the best chance of success who doesn't take the opposite side of my trades.

Still be around trading at the end of the year.

Improve myself as a person.

Improve the way I trade.

Increase my understanding of the way that markets and the financial world in general work. Because a person could be forgiven for thinking that it's all just corruption and multiple giant ponzi schemes, and of course it can't really all be like that, can it (ahem).

Edited by Perrin

All of us want to improve as Forex Trader and this is also my wish for this year 2013. Well i cannot say that am going to achieve that but i will make sure to make my dreams come true. I wish everyone that this year will be a successful one and hope you make good profits!