Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Seeker

Interactive Brokers Fills for Forex

Could someone tell me how often you are filled on the bid or ask for something like EURUSD.

I have previously been trading with MB Trading, but although this is an ECN, I am almost never filled on the bid or ask, i.e. if I am buying, the ask price almost always has to move through my order to get a fill.

Is this much better on Interactive Brokers? At a rough guess, how often would you get a fill?

It is a more significant trading cost than it at first seems.

Many thanks for any replies

i use IB FX and usually pay the market.....the spread is small, and sometimes you get a better fill than expected - sometimes there is slippage - usually when you are trying to chase things.

If i sit on the bid/offer with a limit order then I often get filled, and have had partial fills and had the market moved away from me as well.

I have also placed orders where i can see i am the main bidder or seller (its easy to see if you try it with an odd number when volume is thin)

FWIW - I dont think it gets any better than this

I have been VERY pleased with IB. Fills were great, spread was small.. never one issue in one year trading.

Contrast that with Gain, and Dukascopy(which bad fills there was a latency issue i believe - i'm in the US).... IB is top of the line in FX fills (at least at the level i trade).