Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I own two seats. One I trade on, one I lease. It occurred to me that the exchanges make it very difficult to lease seats. Many traders don't even know you can, or how to do it. Parts of exchanges are in the 21st century. Leasing isn't. It's a call around market. We programmed it to make it electronic. It's fully automated, with automatic paperwork and auto bidding and offering. You click to confirm a trade.

after polling a lot of folks in the trading community, I found that many didn't even know you could lease a seat and save big money on commish.

So we created a calculator that is free to use. For example, if you trade 26 cars a day per side in the emini, you should be leasing a seat at $400 per month. That's break even.

Check it out and if you trade any volume at all, start saving money.

I own two seats. One I trade on, one I lease. It occurred to me that the exchanges make it very difficult to lease seats. Many traders don't even know you can, or how to do it. Parts of exchanges are in the 21st century. Leasing isn't. It's a call around market. We programmed it to make it electronic. It's fully automated, with automatic paperwork and auto bidding and offering. You click to confirm a trade.

after polling a lot of folks in the trading community, I found that many didn't even know you could lease a seat and save big money on commish.

So we created a calculator that is free to use. For example, if you trade 26 cars a day per side in the emini, you should be leasing a seat at $400 per month. That's break even.

Check it out and if you trade any volume at all, start saving money.

I was aware of leasing seats, the potential savings for trading volume, and the bid/offer process.

But I thought the process also involved an interview at the exchange, or is this just for purchasing a seat?

BlueHorseshoe

Can anyone share a good website that well describes "leasing seats"? I don't have more info about it.

If you look on the CME website there's a link. Not sure it's quite as straighforward as the first post might lead you to believe though (though, obviously, it's not impossible!).

And unless you're doing a serious number of round trips or want to trade on the floor, you might do just as well to try and talk your broker down on commissions.

Hope that's helpful.

BlueHorseshoe